Author Topic: Recipe Tweaks from EDC - contact Tenina please  (Read 13310 times)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Recipe Tweaks from EDC - contact Tenina please
« on: April 03, 2010, 01:05:41 am »
This came from a consultant - so, don't inundate Tenina, but we may need to make sure she checks here too.

"Hi all…

With the feedback that we always receive from around the country, we have noted that the risotto recipe requires another tweak, back to cooking on Reverse + speed 1.5 – speed 2.
As we still have a few of the EDC books left, we would like you to bring this to the attention of your consultants and customers so that we avoid any issues that may occur when cooking the rice on speed soft until we adjust it in the EDC.

Speaking of the EDC, Grace and I have been talking about it since I started at Thermomix, and the time has come for a major facelift….not for me, though I wouldn’t mind, but for the book!

With that in mind, and with a little trepidation, we would like to have ALL your feedback about the Everyday book via email to me within the next 2 months. (End of May deadline).

Don’t fill my inbox all at once, but rest assured each of your suggestions will be flagged and addressed individually as we go through the book and together, make it better than ever before. It would be good to remember, (when you are dreaming up things for me to ‘fix’) that most kitchen appliances come with a little booklet with perhaps about 12 recipes in them and no after sales cooking classes or service such as we offer. We are the best at what we do in Australia, and so your patience and loyalty are much appreciated when troubleshooting with your customers and consultants.

Please continue to present solutions to your customers, and we look forward to in turn, offering you the best book yet!

From Tenina"
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Tweaks from EDC - contact Tenina please
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 01:16:11 am »
Excellent - can you confirm which email address we would send these to?
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 01:33:01 am »
Probably best to go direct - Tenina's Email Address
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 05:52:12 am »
I think this is wonderful.  but could we co-ordinate our replies?  I'm not sure how this could be done.  We should try and reduce the work load for Tenina and not load her up with duplications.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 07:01:26 am »
we could start a thread here and have the first post summarising it all. who can moderate these threads, i can't see from here ;)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 08:41:26 am »
Hot Cross Buns is definitely one that we've perfected as a team effort.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Tenina

• The new publicity shot…
    • View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 03:28:55 pm »
A thread is a good idea guys...I have occasionally read the tweaking thread, but get overwhelmed...now as we are for real doing this upgrade, if we focus on the EDC (which is the only major upgrade at the moment) then we could cover it well between everyone I am sure. Perhaps rather than me needing to read the entire thread, which I am sure will grow exponentially, MM Karen could email me a summary...I can always check back here for clarification if needed. How does that sound to everybody??
 :-))

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 10:30:45 pm »
tenina, do you have a list of all the recipes in the EDC so that no one needs to type them all up?!
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 12:58:24 am »
Hot Cross Buns is definitely one that we've perfected as a team effort.

In the ingredients it says 250g warm milk then you heat that for  50 secs.  I found if I added cold milk straight from the fridge and heated for 1 min 30 secs it eliminated having to warm the milk before hand. (cutting steps Thermomixer  ;D)
Also I then added cold cubed butter into the warmed milk (no mixing) which helped to soften it, then added the flour etc on top of that and carried on with recipe.

I also found that adding the fruit through the opening in the lid when there was 1 min left of kneading incorporated the fruit throughout the dough really well without any mushy bits on the base of the bowl that I had the first time I made these following the instructions in the book (add fruit and mix 10 secs/speed 5).

For the piping mixture I use 1/4 cup plain flour, 1 tsp icing sugar and between 1 1/2 - 2 tblsp water to mix into a paste.(makes it taste better), and finally only need half the sugar syrup (1 tblsp water + 1 tblsp sugar) to coat this many buns.

Adding improver is a personal preference or not, but I found it did make my buns softer.   

I hope this is the type of feedback you are after?  :)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 06:38:05 am »
Perhaps rather than me needing to read the entire thread, which I am sure will grow exponentially, MM Karen could email me a summary...

methinks quietly  ;) TM HQ is handballing...
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 07:09:43 am »
Perhaps rather than me needing to read the entire thread, which I am sure will grow exponentially, MM Karen could email me a summary...

methinks quietly  ;) TM HQ is handballing...
No, just being sensible...
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 09:55:56 am »
Poor Tenina has plenty to do - just wish TMX HQ had been more proactvie earlier on and had been receiving tweaks for the last few years to test.

Now it is a BIG job and only poor Tenina to do it.

Think it is in our interests.  Maybe some could send in recipes and get published too ??
Thermomixer in Australia

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 10:42:21 am »
I support the fact that TM are listening to their customers and wanting to review the EDC recipes - its one of their main marketing tools. The bottom line is TM need to hire someone else to assist Tenina as their business is rapidly expanding.  I know from posts, brazen has a lot of things on her plate ATM, and really what they are requesting is for someone to do some free work for them. sure its good to get input from a valuable source such as this forum, but when it comes to compiling summaries from this website.... or perhaps I am misunderstanding - it might only be a 5 minute job  ??? ???
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 10:48:46 am »
no, i doubt it will be a 5 minute job. maybe 50  ???
My Cooking Blog

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 12:13:36 pm »
OK i'm a little confused. Will we post the suggested changes here and Karen (or another Moderator) send the summary to Tenina?  ??? Or should we email them directly?

My first recomendation would be to replace the Too Easy Chocolate Cake with the Bimby Chocolate Cake http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=1097.90
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog