Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6188940 times)

Offline kt2

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #4305 on: November 15, 2012, 12:53:20 pm »
Astarra - big big hugs to you, so glad DD is safe and sound.  :-*
Katie, Perth WA

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: November 15, 2012, 03:12:26 pm »
OMG called in for quick check on here and took ages to catch up.

DD your DD and our DD must be cousins.........  ;)

Astarra how ghastly... And scary, so glad all ok now.

ES sorry about your oven. Understand about kitchens. Had a man out to price a face lift for this kitchen in case we are able to let it again.... Where did Astarrra leave the rum?  Back to drawing board on that one. It is 20 yrs old and crap, and could get more rent if improved.

So far cake in freezer, not the prettiest, but maybe icing can fix?
24 rolls made, next batch on first rise now.

Now the shooters pie.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: November 15, 2012, 09:20:04 pm »
Astarra, my heart would have been pumpimg.

DH lost cp at about 2 yrs of age at an event. He took him for a walk & lost him in the crowd, I was in tears, running madly. Its the worst feeling.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: November 15, 2012, 10:14:54 pm »
It was so scarey, I hardley slept last night thinking of all the what-ifs. Silly I know, it was over by then!!  :)
Thanks to all for their kind words of support and cyber hugs!  :-*
DH gave the girls all a serious talk at tea time last night about leaving gates open and keeping a bit of eye on each other etc, they seemed to be listening til Miss6 suddenly started laughing and said "you look funny when you are serious, Dad."   :D Well, that was the end of the serious talk, DH started laughing, then we all started laughing! Think it was a relief reaction too, we must've looked and sounded so silly!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Who wants a rum with me...?!  :o ;) :D
:D

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: November 15, 2012, 10:16:51 pm »
Good to laugh, and relief is huge. Big hugs and rums all round.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: November 15, 2012, 10:19:51 pm »
I would have a rum with you astarra but I'm still illegal for two days ;D

Miss6 sounds like quite a joker! :D :D :D

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: November 15, 2012, 10:27:45 pm »
Astarra, that must have been a horrible experience, thre is nothing more frightening than losing a child. Our DD went missing for a few hours when she was 5 and I had a new born, it turned out she had climbed over our fence into the neighbours house whose daughter is her best friend, and hid in their dog kennel. We had the police and all the neighbours and family out searching, and they had just called the dog trackers when they found her. The police seperated my husband and myself and half searched inside and half outside while they questionned DH and myself seperately because in the majority of missing persons it involves a relative or someone known. It was the most terrifying few hours of our life. DD could hear everyone but was too scared to come out of the kennel because she thought she would be in trouble. We were lucky one of the police officers was looking over the fence and noticed the dog looking into the kennel but not going in there and thought it was strange so climbed over to have a look. It still makes me shiver just thinking about it 12 years later!!

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: November 15, 2012, 10:33:36 pm »
Reading about other's experiences makes me shiver every time, (but also makes me feel a tiny teensy bit better that I'm not the only one it has happened to  ;) ) it is such a terrible feeling. Kids......... :-))
:D

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: November 15, 2012, 10:35:12 pm »
Oh Astarra glad everything worked out so scary

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: November 15, 2012, 11:06:23 pm »
 :o  So glad I don't have a missing child story....nothing would age you quicker!
....my boy child  has given me plenty of other scares though, like starting up the tractor and taking off in it at age 2.......racing around a neighbours paddock on motorbike, before he could even ride a push bike, falling face first into barbed wire......and the list goes on  :-)). Every  grey hair that I have hidden, is attributed to that child!!.....and he's only 10  :P

I haven't read back far, but hope all is good.  We are in the silly season with hay, so many paddock taxi trips have been made, at ridiculous hours of the night.  Not much baking has happened, so now the family appreciate it  ;)
I have oodles of ideas for making christmas decorations....so hope I can get a start on them soon  8)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 11:17:24 pm by maddy »
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: November 16, 2012, 12:18:12 am »
Have gun with the dilly season Maddy. Not many more sleeps now.
Should be cleaning house but wandered into kitchen and got stuck cooking. Ah well house would only get messy again anyway.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: November 16, 2012, 12:37:08 am »
We lost our DS once 2 years ago at a farm field day event. within 2 minutes he was on stage, and they called us over the loud speaker.

when there is a show up here, the police write the parents mobile number on the child's arm as you walk in.. ( makes sense)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: November 16, 2012, 12:40:44 am »
Thats a really good idea Robyn ;)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: November 16, 2012, 12:46:54 am »
You can also buy disposable ones like the bin fasteners, write the number on and the kid can't pull them off.
I have also seen beaded bracelets, with the mobile number to ring  in beads.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Moptop

• View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: November 16, 2012, 01:31:02 am »
At the Perth Royal Show the police used to give you stickers to fill in with all of the parents details and then you had to stick them to the inside of the childs t-shirt so no-one could read the information.
You were born to stand out, don't waste your life trying to fit in.