Author Topic: Why did you choose your forum name plus photos of our kitchens  (Read 507228 times)

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
Re: Why did you choose your forum name plus photos of our kitchens
« Reply #270 on: October 09, 2011, 11:29:02 am »
my dh like short hair 2
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 09, 2011, 11:29:36 am »
..DH requestl!  Men and hair I tell you  :D

Indeed :) I've been trying to get my wife to cut her hair very short for years with minimal success (she did to shoulder length once) and also trying to get her hair died again to a kind of blondie/brunette which I think suits her much better than dark brown.

you would have to be the first guy that has requested to cut hair that I know anyway..your wifes hair must be long?? nearly every male i know has some kind of weird fantasy about women and long hair...i think some women look super sexy with short hair and often much better than longer hair..some women however do look great with longer hair...one of those things...but DH wants myself and DD to grow our hair...I said ok just once to see but dont know how long it will last... (when i was little my hair was quite long..and since i was old enough to pay a hairdresser and choose myself i have had every sort of thing done to my hair except shaved and out there colours like bright red, purple,blue etc)  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #272 on: October 09, 2011, 11:35:55 am »
I have always had my hair long (Except once when I chopped it off and always hated it) But now I'm getting older I would like a nice shorter hair cut but I have the type of hair that would be impossible to do anything with unless it was super short, These days I just have my hair tied back as I hate it in my face.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Carine

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 09, 2011, 11:42:03 am »
Unlike most women I know I've had short hair when I was young-ish and grew it a few years ago.  Have gone through a few different colours too without daring to go for really bright ones  :D
Franco-Australian living in Tamworth (NSW, Australia)

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #274 on: October 09, 2011, 11:43:43 am »
I've been trying to get my wife to cut her hair very short for years with minimal success (she did to shoulder length once) and also trying to get her hair died again to a kind of blondie/brunette which I think suits her much better than dark brown.

you would have to be the first guy that has requested to cut hair that I know anyway..your wifes hair must be long?? nearly every male i know has some kind of weird fantasy about women and long hair...i think some women look super sexy with short hair and often much better than longer hair..some women however do look great with longer hair...one of those things...but DH wants myself and DD to grow our hair...I said ok just once to see but dont know how long it will last... (when i was little my hair was quite long..and since i was old enough to pay a hairdresser and choose myself i have had every sort of thing done to my hair except shaved and out there colours like bright red, purple,blue etc)  :)

*chuckles* Yeah I tend to go against the curve. I agree with you, short hair can look Super Sexy and just really suits some women (for instance my daughter, nearly 5, wanted her hair short to look like her older brother and it just works), some need long hair and some like Emma Watson, work with both *swoon*

Good luck with making it longer it'll be interesting to see how it turns out. Mine tends to start curling once it hits towards the bottom of the neck. I tend to go to extremes either really short (6mm) or Einstein/mad prof style as my Facebook profile pics would attest. I want to try dying my hair green/purple but I've never had the nerve, one of these days! (Note I want to die it those colours for the heck of it, not to hide my very grey hair)
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline Carine

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 09, 2011, 11:47:25 am »
When I was at the hairdresser the other day a guy had his hair dyied lime green and it looked great.  We should all dare something a bit different sometimes!
Franco-Australian living in Tamworth (NSW, Australia)

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 09, 2011, 11:53:36 am »
tarasis I think its called sparkles rather than Grey these days (Well I think it sounds good) although I say I have silver streaks in my hair cause I couldn't afford the gold  ;D

Offline tarasis

• View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #277 on: October 09, 2011, 11:59:11 am »
tarasis I think its called sparkles rather than Grey these days (Well I think it sounds good) although I say I have silver streaks in my hair cause I couldn't afford the gold  ;D

I will have to remember both of those Dede, I like it! I also put too much talc in my beard  ;)
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 09, 2011, 12:09:45 pm »
When I was at the hairdresser the other day a guy had his hair dyied lime green and it looked great.  We should all dare something a bit different sometimes!
  I have always been one who wants to blend in with the crowd, not stand out Carine so brightly coloured hair would be out for me.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Lellyj

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 09, 2011, 12:18:22 pm »
Oh my goodness . .. I have been off line since Friday evening, how can I have missed so much!!  All I can say is thanks to Judy for starting this thread, Fundj for starting the kitchen photo thing, and thanks for everyone who has particpated . . . it has been so great to get know everyone better and see kitchens (CP, I think we have the same oven and fridge!) and real "profile" pics, etc.  It is so terrific to know why everyone chose their forum name, too.  And then there's the discussion about hair!  Short . . . long, purple, blue--thanks for the pic Ceejay, love the hair--wish I was brave enough to do something unique like that, but my students TOTALLY freaked out when I came to school with my normally curly hair straightened after a wedding last year.  The school community was in shock!  AND don't even get me started on curly!! Straightened my hair for years, but the last four or five years have decided why fight nature!

It's back to school tomorrow for me, so early night required, especially after a big day--after watching my family partipate in the M
Melbourne Half Marathon, this year I signed up for the 10km run, although I admit I walked a fair bit!

I didn't clean up my garage or my office at school or clean the cupboard under the stairs this holidays . . . But I did spend about 54 hours on this forum (well spent) and make butter, panner and yogurt!! Thanks again for your pariticipation . . . it has kind of taken the involvement in this forum to a new level (okay, so I had a few wines after the 10 k run!!)
Teacher and Mum in Phillip Island, Victoria

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 09, 2011, 12:20:45 pm »
wow l am loving to see everyones kitchens
they all look so big and l love those rolly draws

andiesenji  l thought your kitchen would be different
l visited your blog and saw your pantry  and heard about your vintage
collection l had thought they would of been on display

l have taken photos of my kitchen and will try to load them soon

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 09, 2011, 12:25:10 pm »
My hairdresser has a great description for the silver,talc, sparkles or dare I mention grey - they are called naturals!!!!!  :D  :D
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 09, 2011, 12:25:24 pm »
Well done Lellyj, 10klm is a great achievement.
 I did the Burnie 10 (klm) 2 years ago and tore my Achilles tendon and now suffer from chronic Achilles tendinitis.
I have been off the forum for a few days too and am trying to catch up on everything (Not sure if I will ever get through all the posts though)

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 09, 2011, 12:28:59 pm »
My hairdresser has a great description for the silver,talc, sparkles or dare I mention Grey - they are called naturals!!!!!  :D  :D

I'm only 38 but have quiet a few silver naturals, I have spent lots of years dying my hair to hide the Grey's but its a loosing battle as within a couple of weeks they are back so I have given up and decided to go all natural and enjoy my natural silver streaks.

Offline tarasis

• View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #284 on: October 09, 2011, 12:46:36 pm »
Hmm so photos of the messy kitchen.

The space on the left side is tiny (second photo), literally just wide enough for a deep fat fryer (hidden beside the fridge freezer) and the coffee machine at the far end by the window. You really can't swing a cat in there :)

If we can we plan to extend the kitchen out to the size of the existing extension (previous owner did) and join it through properly to the dining area and cut the dining area off from the living room :)