Author Topic: Why did you choose your forum name plus photos of our kitchens  (Read 507112 times)

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
Re: Why did you choose your forum name plus photos of our kitchens
« Reply #255 on: October 09, 2011, 10:08:18 am »
wow,frozzie you look so  different in the new photo
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 09, 2011, 10:27:30 am »
Frozzie you don't have to have a make over for us - you have been here longer than the majority - so much so we know what you look like  :D  :D  :D
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 09, 2011, 10:30:01 am »
Honestly there was nothing there when I logged on - so glad to see the refreshed Frozzie!!!!  :D  :D
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 09, 2011, 10:33:01 am »
haha thought I should update the photo since I didnt really look the same....that photo was taken months back and recently I had to go quite dark as had some hair colour dramas lol...so this is hte current me  ;D
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #259 on: October 09, 2011, 10:50:09 am »
9 days on and 18 pages already? Whoa you guys chat :)

Yvette, you kitchen looks lovely I wish ours was that big. We've got a tiny kitchen that really you couldn't swing a cat in and sensible usable surface is negligible. I'll post a pic when I've tidied it up again, the missus would kill me if I posted photo's of how it is at the moment.

My forum name, Tarasis, has nothing to do with my real name, Robert McGovern, instead it comes from a roleplaying character from my childhood (along with Cristos & Duemoko) and is something I use everywhere for my online name. Most (though not all) times you'll find a tarasis its me :) The roleplaying character was a halfling thief btw.

Now the odd bit about Tarasis is that it turns out NOT, as I thought, a word I had randomly made up when I was 10. A number of years ago I discovered that there are other Tarasises. For instance there is "Tarasis Electric Corporation", it is the surname of a greek footballer (Kostas Tarasis), an author (Prodromos Tarasis) and then these two really old versions:

a) Zeno (Latin: Flavius Zeno Augustus; Greek: Ζήνων) (c. 425 – 9 April 491), originally named Tarasis,[1] was Byzantine Emperor from 474 to 475 and again from 476 to 491 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeno_(emperor)

b) Alahan Monastary where is 20 kilometers away from Mut and located on a 1200 meters high hill, overlooking the deep valley of the Göksu River. According to the inscriptions which was found in the monastery, was built by Tarasis the Elder in the 5th century. (Ack closed link on tab, here is another one http://www.todayszaman.com/newsDetail_getNewsById.action?load=detay&link=135813

There was another freaky one but I can't find it any more, seems Google has gotten too big now :)

So yeah something I had made up at at 10, I know I hadn't heard it and at that point in Northern Ireland I had no exposure to Greeks or Turks (heck there was very few people with darker skin either. Till the troubles mostly ended in the mid 90's NI wasn't really somewhere you'd choose to emigrate too), it turned out to be a very very old name. Which freaked me out the first time I realised.
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #260 on: October 09, 2011, 10:57:16 am »
Love this post.
I will have to take some photo's of my kitchen (Especially on cooking days when there is ingredients spread from on side of the kitchen to the other lol.
I'm just trying to cach up with all this reading that I have missed.
I might even join everyone and put a photo up of me instead of this grumpy old woman (Although I hate photo's of me, I'm always the one behind the camera not in front of it)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 09, 2011, 11:02:09 am »
oh do do dede  :)

i was trying to crop my pic to enlarge it but it just keeps putting black background no matter the size...or it doesnt show anything if its too big...gave up...lol

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 09, 2011, 11:03:40 am »
I noticed you had changed your photo Frozzie, No one will recognize me without my walking stick lol.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 09, 2011, 11:05:48 am »
I think i was the 1st 2 post a photo of the kitchen it was a spur of the moment type of thing if i would have known this would happen i would have tidied up  :-)) :-[
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 09, 2011, 11:09:51 am »
yes thought it needed an update...currently growing my hair (havent done that in ages)..still short but getting there slowly so there will be other updates as it grows lol..DH requestl!  Men and hair I tell you  :D

as for your pic dede...dont know what your concerned about...loved the family pics you posted a while back  ;D

Offline Carine

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 09, 2011, 11:16:16 am »
I agree with Frozzie, Dede go for it!  Although i got used to see your old woman with the walking stick pic  ;D

Gini, I LOVE your kitchen!
Franco-Australian living in Tamworth (NSW, Australia)

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 09, 2011, 11:21:22 am »

as for your pic dede...dont know what your concerned about...loved the family pics you posted a while back  ;D

Thanks Frozzie, I will take 100 pics and hopefully choose 1 I like lol.

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #267 on: October 09, 2011, 11:23:15 am »
..DH requestl!  Men and hair I tell you  :D

Indeed :) I've been trying to get my wife to cut her hair very short for years with minimal success (she did to shoulder length once) and also trying to get her hair died again to a kind of blondie/brunette which I think suits her much better than dark brown.
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 09, 2011, 11:25:36 am »
lol dede...

Offline Carine

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 09, 2011, 11:28:14 am »
Tarasis, love the story behind your forum name:  10 years old can be very inventive... :D

As for hair, my DH always agree with whatever hairstyle I go for:  less confrontation or diplomaty???
Franco-Australian living in Tamworth (NSW, Australia)