Author Topic: Why did you choose your forum name plus photos of our kitchens  (Read 507221 times)

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
Re: Why did you choose your forum name plus photos of our kitchens
« Reply #165 on: October 07, 2011, 08:09:35 am »

i'm sharing photos of my kitchen and kind of glad to see i'm not the only one lacking an immaculate kitchen ;) this is my typical kitchen on a friday at the end of the week - actually it's probably better than usual! - by saturday afternoon it is immaculate and then by sunday morning it's back to disaster again lol

it's an ok kitchen. not the worst i've had but is lacking light and bench space among other things (and a cleaner ;))

the whole kitchen from the family room

looking towards the hall leading to the front door

as for my name, when i first ever went on the internet back in 1997 my gf's convinced me to go on RSVP.com (dating type site) so we went for the most "out there" name we could think of - i was brazenhussy ;) it was shortened to brazen but then i started using brazen20au for international sites or sites where brazen was taken etc. the brazen20 is my hotmail address (as brazenhussy was taken) and the au for australia :)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 07, 2011, 08:10:21 am »
I'm like CP63 - I've tissues everywhere - it's a case of when you need a tissue, you NEED a tissue NOW - there's no time to go searching for a box in another room!!!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 07, 2011, 08:20:29 am »
I have tissues everywhere too. Hayfever waits for no one and if makes you feel so rotten you get cranky/ier if you can't get one now!
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 07, 2011, 08:25:04 am »
Have you noticed how they all seem to run out together though  ???
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline thermie crew

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 07, 2011, 10:57:53 am »
I call my theromix 'thermie' and my last name is 'crew'. Plus we're a crew of thermomix admirers at my house.
Clare from Adelaide, mum of 3 littlies :)

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 08, 2011, 03:43:54 am »
Well my friend doesn't like anything on a bench not just tissues - her house is out of a magazine (not just when she cleans but permanently.) I absolutely LOVE Frozzie's sink and the very large ovens I have noticed. Love your kitchen Maddy but I couldn't spot Thermie (we call him that too ;)). This is mine - It is all silky oak that came from a tree on our farm that fell down in a storm. My hubby and wonderful Dad built it. We have been renovating for over 15 years now (since we've been married and lived here) You would cry to know what we pulled out of this space Maddy - a dinky die 50's kitchen with red laminate, chrome edges and yellow doors - complete with a built-in table and bench seat (like a 50's diner) Also a woodstove in the recess. What can I say - we were young!  :-)) But we do love timber everything - so love what we have done (so far). Renovating just isn't high priority on a farmers list.  :'(

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
« Reply #171 on: October 08, 2011, 04:36:36 am »
I couldn't survive in a house without mess anywhere!!  My children would have a fit!  :o

My kitchen is very small and boxy... I'm currently in the process of rearranging it for my partner to move in so that, wait for it... we can fit both of our Tmxs in it.  Now that's exciting!  :D :D

As for my hair (for LellyJ), this is how it is currently!  It changes often!!  ;)
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 08, 2011, 06:23:17 am »
Haha!! Love it! Meanwhile that would take sooo much upkeep to stay looking like that!?  ;)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 08, 2011, 06:42:52 am »
A' marriage' of 2 TMX's - that is exciting Ceejay - are the kidlets going to increase in numbers too?
What do the kids think of your hair do?  It is certainly out there but somehow it doesn't surprise me  ;) :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 08, 2011, 07:21:10 am »
don't you just hate it when people criticize you  for what you have done
it make you feel sad and unhappy
example
when l brought the thermie some people l know were very negative towards me as l spent $2000

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 08, 2011, 07:31:19 am »
 l had not finish writing  when l went to delete something and it go posted
as l spent $2000 on one kitchen appliance  people were trying to talk me out of it
and making me feel bad when l did by one
also l love to do all sorts of craft work and people see my corner of the bedroom as [ thats the only place it fits in the house  ]
and they start to to put me down for having so many bits and  pieces
hends now l show no one my craft area  or tell people l have a thermie unless l know they have one

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 08, 2011, 08:18:14 am »
nazar you shouldn't worry about other peoples opinion. we are all different and its our individuality that makes us who we are. if you are happy with your purchase and your crafts - who cares what others think  :-*
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 08, 2011, 08:26:05 am »
nazar thats so sad..you should never care what other people think and if htey critisize you that much they arent friends...your money, your space you do what you want..people dont have to love it but critisize itis a bit cruel..you should surround yourself with better people nazar imo and forget about what others think that just brings anyone down...life is too short to dwell on things like that  :)

nay nay lovely ktichen as well as CP and cookie...and anyone else i missed...nay nay love the pots hanging from the ceiling grid...unfortunately my ceiling isnt high enough and we would be constantly hitting our heads lol...pity as a great space saver not to mention convenient...although i imagine a dust catcher (pain) ..and btw is that pic up to date because you look so young but you keep referring to years ago .???..I love the idea that your DH and Dad built the kitchen cupboards from a tree on your property...love it!  my kitchen is never that organised very simply as I dont have enough space for all my things lol  We bought our house 2 years ago and hopefully early next year we will be redoing the kitchen my way!  Re the big stove/ovens I see maddy and mj have them too ..are yours gas top and electrique or all gas??  I have so much trouble with my oven and is fine with saucy dishes or roasts etc but anything cakes, biscuits etc even on the highest shelf it cooks more on the bottom than the top and its driving me nuts...would be interested to know if its gas ovens in general or just mine?? (have to say not a fan of my gas oven)  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 08, 2011, 08:38:15 am »
btw is that pic up to date because you look so young
Umm it's about 10mths old - taken on the way out to my baby sisters 'Hen's night'. Hubby was about to go with the boys.  ;)
nay nay love the pots hanging from the ceiling grid...unfortunately my ceiling isn't high enough and we would be constantly hitting our heads lol...pity as a great space saver not to mention convenient...although i imagine a dust catcher (pain)
We have high enough ceilings but have only had it for about a month or so, so haven't noticed dust. I'm always using the pots and pans. I talked for along time about having an old timber ladder put up there and my mum got tired of waiting to see it up so bought me this stainless steel one for my Anniversary present so that I would display the scanpans she bought for last years anniversary.  :D BTW never heard anyone say my kitchen is well organised - photo must have been taken on a good angle.  ;)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 08, 2011, 08:44:12 am »
haha well in the photo everything looks like it has a place and it looks very neat  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/