Author Topic: Not going to get one - Very Disappointed  (Read 18772 times)

not yet sure

Re: Not going to get one - Very Disappointed
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2010, 10:49:10 pm »
I'll wait until the new year and give a cooking class a go. I really hope it is a good one. Thanks for your replies and have a merry, dry and warm Christmas!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 11:09:30 pm »
what a shame :(

as you can see from the forum most of us love our tmx's (no other kitchen gadget like it!) but i guess it's not necessarily suited to everyone. if you know someone with one i'd ask about trying some recipes that suit you better and see if that helps?
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline marnie

• View Profile
Re: Not going to get M- Very Disappointed
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2010, 11:56:04 pm »
Hello, you might want to reconsider.  I have had my TMX for about 2 weeks and made the Mushroom Risotto was just as good as any high end restaurant--made the smaller portion, and gave some to my neighbour who thought it was perfect.  Also, have made the Tapenade, cauliflower soup and leek and potato soup--and all the stock pastes.  I made bread but with Red Fyfe flour and found it to be a bit dry--but then the recipe didn't call for Red Fyfe flour so what can I expect.  My demonstrator did a great job, but I found her food to salty--so I cut back on the salt, especially in the stock pastes--which I then formed into little balls and froze--ready for more soup, or whatever.  Hope you find this helpful--Marnie from Canada!

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2010, 01:47:36 am »
I had already made my mind up to buy a TM prior to the demo and just did the demo to show some interested friends. I agree that the demo is not awe inspriring. I believe it just gives you an indication about the thermomix's potential.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2010, 04:19:46 am »
It's a shame HO lets loose some crappy consultants. From what I can tell, they let all and sundry "train" to be consultants and continue to recruit knowing full well that it isn't for everyone. They love the ones who are salespeople and don't really care if they can cook - I'm sure I'm not the only one who has come across consultants like that. I hope HO reads this thread and considers carefully the people they recruit - all well and good that they love the ones who can really sell, but if they don't provide any follow up customer care, and consultants who are knowledgable about food, they won't see the end of threads like this.

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2010, 04:57:47 am »
I had my demo, I was pretty sure I would get one, then I had my demo, and I wasn't so sure, it really wasn't great, I felt I knew more then the consultant  :o

So, I researched more and more, reading blogs, and forums, and decided to purchase one.

I love it, it will take me a long time to figure out all the uses for it  ;)

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2010, 05:23:10 am »
Hi Bek... so sorry to hear your demo wasn't too great!!!  Didn't you say you're on the Tablelands?  You're welcome to come over to my place some time and I can do some cooking with you, the kind of things your family like, so you can see the Thermomix's true potential!  I think people's tastes vary a lot, and what one person likes at a demo, others will dislike severely!  I always try to make the demo suit the host family, and change it a bit each time to do that.  I didn't really like the mushroom risotto when I first had it either, but now I make it with chicken in it, and more stock, and more flavoursome mushrooms if possible, and it's delicious!  And I always make sure it is still a bit 'soupy' when it's finished the cooking time, then put it into the Thermoserver for 5 mins to absorb a bit more 'juice' - then it's perfect, not gluggy at all.  Anyway, I'd love to do some cooking with you if you like - just PM me!  :)
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2010, 06:27:14 am »
Well there is an offer you can't refuse!! I'd love to pop round to Jo's for a cooking session!!!

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2010, 06:37:15 am »
Jo you are a true champion of the TMX world!! What we would all give to be able to come and do some oooking with you  :-* :-*

as a consultant I do have to say though, I didn't know anything about food when I first started as I was the ultimate packet and jar queen! What I have gained in knowledge on my journey is amazing ... then again I have made it my mission to learn as much as possible and it has been this forum that has taught me the most!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 06:40:33 am by faffa_70 »
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2010, 06:39:46 am »
Well I wish you would - I'd love that!!!!  ;D

I'm coming to Perth in February - aren't you in Perth Faffa?  Can't remember who said they'd like to get together then... but I'm up for it!

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2010, 06:41:07 am »
Yes that was me!!!! and a few others too, we would love it  :-*
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2010, 08:36:39 am »
I guess the ultimate problem here is with individual consultants. I certainly agree with the premise of needing a demo to buy a Thermomix as I would never want to buy one of these wonderful machines from a store only then to have minimal, if any after sales service. This kind of machine needs customer service and as far as I am concerned, if you are forking out this much, I would expect nothing less. The fact that I can email or phone my consultant whenever is a great concept. I also thought about being a consultant for a while, but cannot commit to it, but I probably have 'sold' a few machines to people I know just by word of mouth and by seeing my one in action. You don't just need an enthusiastic consultant to do a demo you really need someone who is passionate about cooking and the virtue of how easy the Thermomix makes everything, not just someone who is great at selling you a machine. I cannot emphasize how much this machine has changed my cooking since getting one. I can produce one meal after another almost effortlessly and if the oohs and aahs of my family are anything to go by whenever I put food out on the table, I know my TM  has paid for itself and I have noticed the difference straight away in how much healthier our food is. No-one can or should convince you to buy something you can't afford or don't want. All I can say is that compared with other kitchen appliances ( most of mine now gathering dust) I use my TM routinely and I spend my days at work thinking up what I can make for dinner in it. I have always loved cooking since childhood but I have never had so much enthusiasm for cooking in my life since buying my thermie.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2010, 08:41:53 am »
Well said, Merlin!!!  :)

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2010, 09:07:24 am »
I was just about to write the same thing Jo! :)

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2010, 10:12:15 am »
Chelsea, we must be telepathic- Either that or total thermie junkies!!!
Albert Einstein