Author Topic: Travelling with Thermomix book  (Read 15528 times)

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
Re: Travelling with Thermomix book
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 04:24:42 am »
When we go away I pull out all my favourite recipes that I think we'll use and put them in a file to take. Trouble is I can't seem to leave any of the TMX books home so the paraphernalia that has to be packed is increasing in size each time. DH jokingly said I would soon need a bag for the TMX books & recipe file.  :D :D :D
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline Thermo Jo (aka Jodi)

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 08:31:31 pm »
That's my trick too Jan!  Spoilt for choice, aren't we? You just never know what you might need.  :-))

Ha ha

I do like the idea of a book for the camping/travelling lifestyle. Puts a whole new spin on things and opens up the world in the kitchen for a lot of travelling folk.

;)
Demonstrator in training!
Converted for life!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 12:06:50 am »
i wish dh would let me take the TMX camping :( especially as we can rarely cook on an open fire and our gas stove doesn't seem to be working properly anymore :( perhaps i'll just pack it and not tell him (easy as i pack everything not him!)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 01:19:40 pm »
Ha Ha! Do it Karen!  He'll probably end up thanking you for it in the long run.  :D
Converted for life!

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010, 11:31:06 am »
We're going to be in Albany for Christmas in our caravan (Yoohoo! Rainbow, where are you?) and I'll definitely be packing Herman.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2010, 02:23:16 pm »
We're going to be in Albany for Christmas in our caravan (Yoohoo! Rainbow, where are you?) and I'll definitely be packing Herman.
MJ do you just take Herman with you or do you have another means of cooking?
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2010, 03:12:28 pm »
A little 'travel' booklet would be great with some recipes that you can buy simple items at the supermarket on your travels (hello HO are you reading this???) We quite often go away for a couple of days and it is very hard not to take TM with us as he is a very loved kitchen hand, but I don't want to also lug my pantry around with containers of this and that that I keep on hand. Can I suggest a little booklet with a special buying incentive on the carrying case as well to make travel options TM friendly? Maybe a list at the front for essential ingredients to pack, but basically everything TM friendly that you just need to pack up and go with the whole carrying case.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2010, 06:01:59 am »
A little 'travel' booklet would be great with some recipes that you can buy simple items at the supermarket on your travels (hello HO are you reading this???) We quite often go away for a couple of days and it is very hard not to take TM with us as he is a very loved kitchen hand, but I don't want to also lug my pantry around with containers of this and that that I keep on hand. Can I suggest a little booklet with a special buying incentive on the carrying case as well to make travel options TM friendly? Maybe a list at the front for essential ingredients to pack, but basically everything TM friendly that you just need to pack up and go with the whole carrying case.

What a fantastic idea CP :) I always pack half the pantry when we go away down south!
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2010, 07:31:55 pm »
That's a great idea.  I find I duplicate a lot of things in the pantry at the holiday house we rent for summer and this year will be the first time I am going  to take my thermie along. I know it is not exactly roughing it but I still want to cook with less things than I would have at home because I don't want to constantly restock the holiday house. If anyone can come up with a few suggestions for summer recipes 'on the go' that would be great.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2010, 11:02:31 pm »
Maybe we could start up a thread just for quick and easy travelling recipes? I'll do that now!  ;D

For selfish reasons only, of course.  We're going to Preston Beach for a week in January and Thermie's the first thing being packed in the car!   ;)

Converted for life!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2010, 06:36:12 am »
Great idea Jodi. I'll try to contribute lots.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline abstar

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2011, 04:10:20 am »
Has anyone started this thread yet re travelling/ camping recipes? :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2011, 04:51:51 am »
I'll start one now. Hopefully lots of people will add to it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2011, 01:08:09 pm »
Whoops! Haven't followed this thread. We do have other means of cooking in the caravan. This year I took the microwave, Turbo oven and Thermomix and I also have an oven and gas cooktop! Barely used gas cooktop and didn't use oven, only Turbo.

Herman came in handy for custard, gravy, breadcrumbs, chopping and mixing.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2011, 02:52:23 pm »
Anyway, I'm not going to re-read all the previous entries. I have always wanted to get this book. I am a TM fanatic-I want it now.
 I am really sick of the stupid shenigans the way they hold back books...I am not going to have another demonstration (I've had 3!!!).
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 01:13:50 am by CreamPuff63 »
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand