Author Topic: Lost without my TM :(  (Read 7596 times)

Offline em

• Me and my little spiderman!
    • View Profile
Lost without my TM :(
« on: September 23, 2010, 03:04:54 pm »
My thermie has been playing up, not kneading properly and i tried to grate some parmesan cheese in it today and it couldnt grate it, it was like the blades were spinning but nothing was happening... and wen i got the blades out they were soo hot it burnt my finger. then i thought i would try to sharpen the blades and threw some ice in but they didnt chop either , same thing as the cheese the ice cubes were just bouncing around over the spinning blades but not cutting them!  ???
so i rang stuart from thermomix and he thinks it is the blade unit itself and i am getting some more sent to me, but i wont get them til next week..... :-[  so it completely wrecked my dinner plans and left me scratching my head trying to remember how i cook a meal the traditional way!!  boy do i remember now how much i hate cutting onions and grating cheese lol!
anyway i was wondering has anyone else had this problem with there tm??
wish me luck for a weekend without my tm :'( :'( :'(
Emma from Victoria

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: Lost without my TM :(
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 03:44:44 pm »
Thinking of you for the weekend and week ahead. Hope they are in the mail by tomorrow as it is a public holiday here on Monday  :o :o
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 04:00:28 pm »
I was 3 weeks without mine Em and I rather enjoyed it - mind you we did eat out a lot and by the time I got mine back, I was getting withdrawal symptoms and couldn't wait to get back into it.  Hope you had no demos planned for the weekend. The little break will just make you love your machine even more.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline em

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 08:36:12 pm »
ohh faffa me to!! stuart said they would go tomorrow so fingers crossed. 
3 weeks! the thought of being without it for 3 weeks makes me feel abit sick! i guess it has been so handy for me with little kids to be able to chuck it all in, set the timer and go and do what i have to do..... anyway i was lucky enough to get in touch with a friend of mine who is going to lend me her second set of blades til my new ones get here!! yay so i should get them tomorrow and will be back in business for the weekend.
i'm no longer a consultant either so that wont be a problem
Emma from Victoria

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 11:14:02 pm »
i was without mine for 2-3 weeks when the engine wasn't running properly. i don't think it's sounding quite right at the moment either ;(

hope it comes home again soon em!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 02:25:10 am »
Yes em - I have heard of this - the blades get 'stripped'. They won't turn with any weight on them. You won't be without it long. Aust Post is pretty quick. Then you pack yours back into the box the new set came in and post back in the post bag provided.  I think it is fantastic that all these things can be fixed and in a relatively easy way. Not like other appliances I've bought in the past where one little part has broken on it and I've had to throw the whole thing out as the company doesn't sell replacement parts - such a waste! This is all covered if still in the 2 year warranty otherwise it is only $150 and you've still got your machine. I've been very happy with my dealings with Stuart at TMX. Just keep an eye on not overloading - review capacity suggestions in EDC on page 3. Let us know how ya go em.  :)

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 02:41:52 am »
Yikes.....3 weeks!, mine got sent off on Wednesday to Sydney....I was hopeing to have it back early next week, by the sound of it I may need to be a little more patient  ;D
I have been having problems with my screen since my machine was new ( its about 5 months old ) I have been living with the problem but now the speed dial is playing up, thinks it is in closed lid position when the dial says open lid position, so you can't take the lid off while the power is on. Also the scales don't work anymore, so I had no choice but to send her off on a holiday.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 02:42:45 am »
Em I hope snail mail goes very fast for you. I read the problems people have and hope that none of them ever happen to me. At least living in WA I could drive out to HO.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 12:54:56 pm »
Oh that's terrible Em!  :o Haven't had that problem, but have had the tmx make some awlful noises when running and it's been back 2 or 3 times now  ??? And it's started making a terrible noise again. Must have been 3 times, as after the 2nd time the screen kept disappearing on me, apparently that was leads that weren't connected properly. I've been fortunate enough to borrow mums (who doesn't use hers nearly enough!!), but luckily for me I guess. Otherwise I'd have to go out and purchase saucepans  :-))

They are supposed to honor a 6 month warranty on works done to the Thermomix if your out of the original warranty (like I am now).

Hope the postie has his rocket shoes on for you  ;)
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 04:09:23 pm »
I hope you are reunited with your TM soon, em.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 09:42:28 am »
Thanks for telling us about the extra 6 month warranty after work is done ILB.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 10:02:25 am »
It was only mentioned off hand to me, so I doubt if many know about it.
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline em

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 12:19:55 pm »
hi everyone thanks for your very kind thoughts!
i was soo very lucky that a friend has a second set of blades and she was willing to lend them to me, til my new one gets here, so at least i wont be without my tm all weekend so thats good.
boy it seems like there are quite a few that have had problems with there tm, i am surprised that so many have had to send theres back and have been without for weeks at a time....
Emma from Victoria

Offline bluesed

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2010, 02:07:04 pm »
Had the same problem some months ago and had to buy a new pair of blades. Actually i bought two sets of blades and a extra bowl and lid so i wont have the same problem again.

Anyway i just ordered a new set of blades on the website and it came within 2 days.