Author Topic: Thermie has died  (Read 13042 times)

Offline Intrepidtrier

• View Profile
Thermie has died
« on: April 02, 2010, 05:07:45 am »
Could anyone help me???  My thermie has just died and I would like to know who do you send it to to get fixed. I was just trying to make some mango ice cream and all it did was spew grease or oil over the fruit that was in the bowl and it doesn`t do anything, just spins and doesn`t crunch anything up. Really made my day!!!!!  bloody thing,  Thanks Sandy

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
Re: Thermie has died
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 05:21:08 am »
The motor is still going?  If it is, it sounds like the blades need replacing.

I rang my consultant and she then rang Thermomix Australia when this happened to me.  Steve sorted it super fast and I had new blades within 2 days (impressive time to cross the country!  :D) and a prepaid envelope to return my broken set.

Haven't had an issue since.  ;D
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline Intrepidtrier

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 05:26:44 am »
Ceejay the motor is still going but sounds not quite right, hope that all the trouble is the blades. How much did it cost you to replace them? and where did you have to send them to for replacement

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 05:54:10 am »
The motor sounded a bit different with the blades loose... after I got all the dough out that I was making bread from.  :-))  Rescued it with my old Kenwood Chef though.  :(

Mine were covered under warranty as the machine was only a month old but I think they are around $150 but I'm sure a consultant will be able to confirm that or not. :)

The blades were sent to TMX Headquarters in Perth, WA.

HTH!
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.

musingnmayhem

Offline Intrepidtrier

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 06:34:26 am »
Thanks for that Ceejay, I will see what happens when I get on to the thermomix site in Aust.  But it will still take a while because of the holidays. Bugger I am going to miss it.

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 07:23:56 am »
I'm sure they'll do their best to make it as short an absence as possible.  :-*

My consultant offered to lend me a set she had spare if it took too long as well.

:)

musingnmayhem

Offline KL_inTheMiX

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 08:28:35 am »
bad timing for a TMX tragedy.
Hope you get TMX fixed quickly!!! Good luck.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 08:30:53 am »
Oh how very devastating. I can only imagine how you must feel. I do hope you can get it sorted as soon as Easter is over.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 08:59:49 am »
You need to get in contact with your consultant. They will fill out a service request form and send that to the office and the the office will send you a new one if it is under warranty - generally express post. Sorry this has happenend.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 02:11:11 pm by Meagan »
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 01:02:40 pm »
i feel your pain - mine was in for repairs and away from me for 2 weeks last year :( (steve only had it one day but it took a week each way to travel across the country)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 03:59:43 pm »
Just a little side note, I was told yesterday that Steve is no longer with TMX  :( I hope our new repair man know how big the shoes are that he has to fill as Steve was super quick on the turn arounds  :D :D

Hope you get it sorted out really quickly Sandy, I think I would feel like someone had cut off my arms!!
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 02:04:59 am »
Really sorry to hear your TMX has died, what a tragedy.
Has anyone ideas for making sure this doesn't happen to others? Is it possibly the result of not sharpening the blades often enough? I ask because I haven't sharpened mine in a while - will rectify that today making some sorbet when we have guests over, but would hate to have Ted die on me.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 02:24:48 am »
Kathryn the new guy is really great  ;) Can't remember his name  :-[ whoops!

As far as preventing it from happening - make sure you stick to the guidelines for quantites and sizes of pieces. I actually cut my parmesan into quite small pieces. Also if you use bigger than normal ice cubes then split the amount of ice into three rather than two lots or alternatively drop the ice cubes through the hole on the second processing for the sorbet.
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 02:40:00 am »
I am so sad for you. I am depressed enough with all the rain we are having here in Cairns and now this. Please let us allknow what it is and how soon it can be fixed. Hugs to you.

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 04:16:02 am »
Has anyone ideas for making sure this doesn't happen to others? Is it possibly the result of not sharpening the blades often enough? I ask because I haven't sharpened mine in a while - will rectify that today making some sorbet when we have guests over,

funny you should mention this...it has been on my mind for the last couple of months about sending my clients a monthly reminder to do this (I can't decide if that is bombarding them or not) what are your thoughts?? My other thought was to put it in a thread here as well and just bump it at the same time I sent out the emails  ;) ;)

I would just hate to upset customers by filling their inbox with unwanted emails!!!!
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!