Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8926236 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2008, 01:14:28 am »
We made the Lemon Cupcakes from the new calendar yesterday.  We didn't ice them but still found them very nice. The last cake we made using the thermomix wasn't too good, but these are nice and airy and light.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2008, 12:42:32 pm »
sure I will post it in the mains link - aglio oilio e peperonicino is the name of it!
Brilliant - thanks!
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2008, 09:36:43 pm »
i love spaghetti aglio olio peperoncino!

i made nasi goreng for dinner last night (yum) and used the tmx to chop the veg small enough so the kids couldn't pick it out mwahahhaha

i also used it to make mince from the whole rump i had bought - OMG the leanest mince ever - soooooo good! used mince in the nasi goreng and then made another batch into burgers and into the freezer for our xmas eve party.

tonight i'm giving the pasta another try for lasagne...
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2008, 06:18:43 am »
I've just made the Christmas shortbread from the Christmas book and they are in the oven.  Also have Naan bread rising and that is to go with the Fish Curry we're having tonight from the Seafood cookbook. Should be a good evening meal tonight! :D

Offline Alina0210

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2008, 12:07:42 pm »
I made the Garlic and Spinach pull apart today... it was really good... looks very impressive.

My husband says i have to make another one so he can take to work.....

I am going to make the Lemon Cupcakes tonight when my daughter is asleep.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2008, 12:21:37 pm »
tonight i only used it to make the marinade for my greek lamb kebabs
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2008, 02:57:44 pm »
i didnt have anthying!!!  but i made rissotto, custard, dip, beetroot salad at a demo!!!  pity im going off making rissotto now !

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2008, 01:46:20 pm »
I steamed salmon and asparagus in the varoma, couscous in the TM basket, and then made hollendaise sauce in the TM.  Very nice.

Just made a batch of lemon curd from UK book.  Totally delicious!!  I tried the Aussy one last time, which was nice but too sweet for me.  I like them to be really lemony.  This one was spot on for that lemony taste.  I've posted the recipe for those like me who really like to taste the lemon.

Off to make mashed potato to top my shepherd's pie, now.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline UnConundrum

• View Profile
    • What I love to eat
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2008, 02:47:18 pm »
Caroline,
     I'm rather new here, and don't have any cookbooks yet.  Are you saying the two books have different versions of the same recipe?  Do other recipes vary too?

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2008, 11:20:31 pm »
The only one that is consistent across the board is Full Steam Ahead - it has Italian(A Tutto Vapore), Spanish(A Todo Vapor), French, German,... and English versions.  I do not have an English version, but the italians and Spanish do not seem to understand or care about Copyright and so all recipes in the book are freely available online.

Mainly because the Thermomix is relatively new in English speaking countries, the recipes are being modified and upgraded all the time.  tenina in Australia is testing and improving the recipes.  Unfortunately for those pioneers who have the original books, we are going to be made to pay for the improved versions when they come out.

That is one reason why the forum is so useful - it is a means to share recipes and have ideas float around more rapidly than they get into a book.  There are lots of ideas out there and members like francoiseny and others with 20 or 30 years of experience can make it an extremely valuable tool.

Tenina is doing a great job of encouraging Australian users to send in recipes to have them included in future books.  Previously they did not actively encourage recipes being sent in.

There is loads of experience in Italy, Germany, France and Spain - if you speak any of those languages.

If we could see it take off in the US then it would be exponential growth.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline UnConundrum

• View Profile
    • What I love to eat
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2008, 02:58:18 am »
Unfortunately, I don't speak any other languages.  Tried learning French for my trips to Montreal, but I'm very, very limited...

I'm surprised Vowerk hasn't seen fit to invest in the US market.  I doubt it will take off without a bigger presence and effort on their part.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2008, 03:36:18 pm »
Caroline,
     I'm rather new here, and don't have any cookbooks yet.  Are you saying the two books have different versions of the same recipe?  Do other recipes vary too?

Yes, most of them do.  I must admit I do really appreciate having both Oz and UK books so that I can experiment and see which version I like best for those items which are duplicated.  Most of the recipes are for different things, though.  There are only a few duplications.

Offline UnConundrum

• View Profile
    • What I love to eat
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2008, 06:17:32 pm »
That's interesting.  Thanks for the warning  ;)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2008, 07:18:20 am »
Today's cooking so far has been Garlic and Herb pull apart from the Christmas book and Luigis 40 second biscuits. The biscuits are very tasty-I find it amazing how you can put whole almonds into the machine, zap it and you have almond meal.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2008, 08:18:41 am »
today i've made :
the UK lemon curd
the strawberry jam (aussie) recipe - and whizzed half of it into sauce as it was sooooo runny
pasta sauce with my oven roasted tomatoes
and pasta :)
My Cooking Blog