Author Topic: What do you not make?  (Read 9611 times)

Offline ViolinCuddles

• View Profile
Re: What do you not make?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 02:53:23 pm »
Wow - I made 400gm tonight and had leftovers after sharing it around 1 adult, 3 teenagers and 3 children!

I'm not sold on cookie dough in the Thermomix. I can't seem to get it to mix through properly. :(  And I prefer to do casseroles or slow-cookables in the slow cooker or stove top - but that's mostly because I don't want the Thermomix tied up for that long  ;).

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009, 02:53:28 am »
I'm with Karen on the rice... the rice cooker isn't going anywhere here.

I like to cook the meal and the rice together and the TMX doesn't make enough at once to feed us all!  ;D
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 03:29:21 am »
phew i'm glad someone else has the problem, i was starting to think we were abnormal lol
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline wombleydoo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 06:40:13 am »
I use 3 cups of rice to cook for my family of 6. I don't know how much it weighs, but the TMX basket isn't big enough. We do have a small amount of leftovers, which get eaten the next day.

I also boil the kettle to get hot water to cook pasta. It didn't make sense to me to use the TMX for however many minutes to get hot water. Either that or I start with hot tap water.
Cathy
Living the QLD life with DH and 4 kids.