Author Topic: Hi from NSW!  (Read 7297 times)

Offline reesale

• View Profile
Hi from NSW!
« on: July 15, 2009, 09:22:15 am »
Hi everyone!
I just bought my Thermomix last week! Believe it or not the husband has so far made pizza, pasta sauce as well as beautiful crepes....me...nothing yet....feeling abit of pressure now....especially since I was the one who convinced the hubby to buy it! Anything i could make that could beat crepes, pasta sauce andddd pizza?!?! Any suggestions?! hhahah

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Hi from NSW!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 10:24:08 am »
Shades of Masterchef here .... go the boys !!!

Seriously, try the Asian fish with rice - fish in the Varoma, rice in the basket at same time and sauce - maybe start some vegies steaming in Varoma before the fish..  Then quickly clean it while serving and he starts eating and whack in the ingredients for a sabayon and have it ready to eat whne the main plates are being cleared from the table - George, gary and matt should be impressed.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

BTW - welcome
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 10:57:41 am »
welcome reesale!

i vote for butter chicken, naan and rice :)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 11:47:40 am »
Welcome reesale - I'd do either of the following from the forum
1) Riv Mum's Beef and guiness stew
2) MrSpocks Fillet mignon with mustard sauce or
3) baf65's all in one chicken meal

There are so many great recipes on this forum - just pick one and go for it but I just love the above 3. ;) ;) ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 12:49:18 pm »
Oh so many to pick from...

Oh - that's right - Hi and Welcome  ;) ;D ;D

The beef strog. was one of my firsts and remains a favourite still.  Pop it in your thermoserver while you cook the rice and steam the vegies in the Varoma at the same time.

But my mouth did water with Thermomixers suggestion... :o
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 01:03:36 pm »
Congratulations on having 2 useful items in the kitchen ;) ;)

I agree with ILB - Beef strog is wonderful but we have had the goulash tonight (Aussie EDC) & it is yummy..........Butter chicken is another favourite (if you are not watching the waistline!).........

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 05:07:38 pm »
Congratulations on having 2 useful items in the kitchen ;) ;)

ROFL!!

Hi Reesale and welcome, you will soon become very addicted to your TMX just like the rest of us  ;) ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 02:49:36 am »
Hi and Welcome,

Keep having fun!!!

Trudy

Offline reesale

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 03:42:14 pm »
Good evening everyone!

Thank you for the very warm welcome :D To be honest, I actually bought the TM because i thought it would make the one thing i hated most - cooking, more efficient and more bearable! And poor hubby would do anything that would motivate me to cook more! hahah While i appreciate the suggestions, i forgot to mention that i seriously can't cook to save my life (which is why i thought i would invest in a machine that costs more than some people's first cars to help me)
brazen20au - calm down now....the closest i've come to making butter chicken, & naan ....was at a food court....hehehlol As yummy as it sounds i think i will start with something do-able....like beef stroganoff sounds almost manageable....
faffa_70 - for my sake and especially my husband's sake i hope your right! hehehe
Judydawn - i'm hoping to be able to make all those things with abittttt more practice.....:D

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 04:03:21 pm »
Reesale, if you are unsure about anything don't be afraid to ask...you would be surprised what gets answered on here! We would LOVE to be able to help you become a TMX Whizz!!
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 11:18:28 pm »
1) Riv Mum's Beef and guiness stew
2) MrSpocks Fillet mignon with mustard sauce or
3) baf65's all in one chicken meal

There are so many great recipes on this forum - just pick one and go for it but I just love the above 3. ;) ;) ;)
well in that case i'd go for one of these ;) i haven't made the first but the last 2 are sooooo easy but still impressive
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2009, 01:19:30 am »
Reesale, I have always told people 'if you can read, you can cook'. With the TMX recipes however, you must make sure you read correctly. If you go a-bull-at-a-gate, you will miss a step or do something wrong so it is most important that you read things twice.  I usually read aloud when trying new recipes - that way the message seems to get through to my brain a lot easier :-)) :-)) :-)) The more you use the TMX the more experience you will gain and you will become a very confident cook in no time. We all had to start out knowing nothing about cooking unless our Mums taught us at home which these days happens far more than it did in our day. Watch cooking shows on TV too - my then 3 yr old grand-daughter saw a recipe on Playschool whilst her Mum was in the shower and wanted to make it.  She told her Mum exactly how they did it but DD googled the show anyway just to check.  However, the little one had it exactly right and they ended up with their fruity frozen treats in no time.  Good luck with your cooking and please keep us informed of how you go with everything you do - we would all love to see you blossom. 8) 8)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2009, 04:43:24 am »
Reesale, that's exactly one of the reasons I bought mine.  Well, I could sort of cook.  It usually tasted OK but often looked like toxic sludge. :o
Now, I am almost a foodie!!! Well, I confidently invite friends over without the fear of poisoning them & love 'whipping up' some delicacy. I had to cook because I was the most competent one at it in the household despite all my limitations.............now even DH will cook a meal.  He is horrified at the thought of there being a space where Thelma usually sits when I take her away next week.
Just give it a go.  You really will be hard pressed to actually produce something inedible.  If your usual efforts are questionable then your family - & especially DH - will be thrilled at anything you produce with your TM. Go girl!!

Offline reesale

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 05:57:52 am »
Well we've all been hit with the flu this week so the TM has been sitting there looking pretty. Judydawn, my husband will certainly agree with you that i'm extremely good at reading, but so far this has not translated to better cooking hahah I've even been banned from buying anymore cook books because hubby thinks its obviously a waste of money since i just look at the pictures! I can't wait until i fully recover so that i can try some of these recipes. Hubby's friend has actually invited us over for dinner this weekend, so i might try something on the TM to bring along....has to be something quite decent though because his wife is rumoured to be a great Italian cook....

Offline Debra

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 06:25:02 am »
Welcome to you too.  I hope too learn lots as well and the rest of you guys are just wonderful.