Author Topic: Another also from Qld  (Read 4581 times)

Offline keeki

• View Profile
Another also from Qld
« on: May 16, 2013, 09:18:53 pm »
Hi there, we had a demo last night, after a year of my daughter telling us aboutTM. The ones to convince we're our husbands, who were so impressed . I want one but like everything want to make sure I use it. As they aren't cheap I want to make the right decision for us. Shall I take the plunge?

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
Another also from Qld
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 09:57:56 pm »
Keeki.. I think once you start to use it you won't look back.. I was initially nervous that I wouldn't use it enough to justify the expense. Not only am I using it but I'm making things I never even thought of attempting before. The decision is yours but I really don't think you'll regret it! :)

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Another also from Qld
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 12:34:43 am »
Hi keeki, welcome to the forum.  I've given you a post of your own for all your welcome messages.  The main thing to remember when purchasing a TMX is to keep it on the bench, never store it in a cupboard where it can be left idle.  Every day you will walk into your kitchen and the first thing you see will be the Thermomix, it is a wonderful appliance to own and if your husband is keen on the idea then go for it.  Check out the recipes here, read the reviews and you will get some sort of idea just what the machine is capable of doing.  I never thought I would end up making bread and to me that is my greatest achievement with this machine but we make our own sauces from scratch, our spice mixes and things like French Onion Soup mix, all without any hidden nasties. Just check out the condiment section and you will see what I mean. 

Good luck with your decision, let us know what you decide.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 01:53:49 am »
Hi keeki and welcome. Following on from Judy's wonderful advice I will add this. Make sure in the first couple of weeks that you make yourself use it and I think the best piece of advice I have to give is to utilise this forum for idea, tips, questions in fact anything.
I have friends who don't use the forum and they haven't made half the exciting things I can. In fact one is always amazed at some of the things I make and asks for the recipes....they are all from the forum.

The machine is expensive but ever so useful.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Augusta

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 02:56:20 am »
Hi keeki,  welcome to the forum. I have had my thermi for 3 1/2 yrs and it has paid for itself over and over again. It sits on my bench top and it gets used every day. It has also enabled me to do things I would never have thought possible before, like my own bread, butter, vegetable stock paste ( which i use a lot of) and even washing powder. All I can say is that if you enjoy cooking then you  will become addicted to thermi, for example, I am from perth in WA and at the moment i'm in the UK  visiting family and here I am looking at the forum to see what's going on as I'm missing my thermi very much, so whatever you decide I wish u luck.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 03:12:54 am »
Welcome to the forum, if you like cooking from scratch you will love the Thermomix,  wrong place to come if you want negative responses.  :D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 03:47:50 am »
I have 2 thermies and both get used alot.

weekends they both get a great workout.

welcome to the forum, I am sure you would use it..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 04:39:01 am »
Welcome to the forum keeki. We all love our thermomix's here so I don't think anyone will dissuade you from purchasing one.

Most of us say, "what did we do before thermomix"?   :)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 08:41:07 am »
Welcome to the forum keeki.We are all Thermomix fanatics here so there won't be any negative postings about the machine.I love my machine and wouldn't like to be without it. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 08:59:54 am »
hello and welcome keeki.  :)
yes, you should take the plunge. Definately worth it.  :)
:D

Offline keeki

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 12:44:55 pm »
Wow thanks for all your thoughts. It certainly sounds exciting and I think you have told me what I want to hear.  I will be back to discuss this further once I make that decision. Thank-you so much for welcoming me to the forum. :)

Offline Deniser

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 03:35:14 pm »
Welcome to the Forum keekie. I too thought about my TMX for a while before making my purchase. So glad I bought it - yes it is  a lot of money but I use it every day. There are so many recipes on this forum and so much help and advice that I am never stuck for ideas. Good luck with your decision making.
You haven't failed at anything until you stop trying.

Offline Jadey

• View Profile
    • Thermomixing with Jadey
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 04:44:26 am »
Welcome to the forum Keeki - it's a wonderful place to find out more about the Thermomix. It's truly a machine that gets used every day and not a dust collector. Best decision we ever  made was to buy one of our own.

The others have done well answering your questions, but if there's anything else you need to know ask away!
Jadey :) ... Northern Beaches, Sydney, Aus. 

Like my page on facebook Thermomixing with Jadey

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
Another also from Qld
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2013, 01:26:31 pm »
Hi Keeki and welcome. It's your decision but yes, get one you will love it :D

Offline keeki

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 09:14:13 pm »
Well the decision has been made and the ball has started rolling. My hobby is about to begin. Not sure when I will get it yet, but will find out today. Wish me luck and ill be back to ask for lots of advice. This is an awesome forum, I can't wait to belong.