Author Topic: Yay!!! I got my TM through the mail!!!  (Read 6913 times)

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
Yay!!! I got my TM through the mail!!!
« on: July 01, 2009, 09:06:14 am »
Hi - My name is Renee and I come from Yarraman - QLD.  We have a cattle property out this way. I joined the forum a few weeks ago but didn't have a TM. I got it through on Monday ($40 postage!!! :o ) Since then I have made Lemon Meringue, Brown rice salad, Mushroom risotto, choc chip bickies, playdough, porridge, bread rolls, Italian flavoured sausages and Honey-Soy sausages!! The whole family is excited! I also am doing a couple of training days next week to become a consultant out this way (apparently no one west of the Sunshine Coast). I will do my best to spread the word!! ;)
Am very much looking forward to joining in more on the forum and very interested in the Non-food recipes. Would anyone be game to melt soy wax or palm wax in their TM for natural candle making??? ???

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
Re: Yay!!! I got my TM through the mail!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 09:24:55 am »
if you can make detergent i can't see why you owuldn't melt wax!

congrats!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 09:28:17 am »
Hi Renee, that's great news and you are certainly going to be kept busy with your new-found friend.  Nice to see someone prepared to take it to the outback areas - there are some great cooks out there who would share your enthusiasm.  No, I am not game to melt wax in my TMX but I'm sure someone will try it or has already tried it for craft work.  I'm more interested in food myself although I do make Bron's dishwashing and laundry goo in it.  Good luck with your TMX, sounds like you have already been giving it a good working over.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 07:33:46 am »
Hi Renee,
Keep on enjoying your new found friend!!

Trudy

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 08:40:07 am »
Congratulations - hope we can help you since you are a long way from your consultant.  Still make sure you keep in touch with him/her.

I can't see any problems with melting soy/palm wax in the TMX - great to chop it up and then melt it.  Should be easy enough to clean it off when it cools if not while warm.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 09:12:44 am »
Thanks Gals!  ;) Will be sure to keep in touch with my consultant - Do you know Angelina? I think I will use my TM to melt the wax. Should be OK if I don't put fragrance in there. I'll tell ya bout it when I do it. Can't wait to make the dishwasher and laundry goo.
Nay-nay :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 09:40:04 am »
Welcome Nay-Nay.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Rowyfo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 11:20:24 pm »
Have you tried candle making yet? I'd be interested to see how that went.
Row

Offline mudda

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 07:04:23 am »
Hi Renee I think you are my consultant I'm waiting patiently in Nanango for my Thermomix, how long did yours take to get here? I ordered mine in Toowoomba on the 9th August and I have to contact Renee in Yarraman when it arrives for my demo, Hearing everything you are doing is making me even more excited