Author Topic: Hi from Mandi in NW Tasmania  (Read 7493 times)

Offline Mandi

• View Profile
Hi from Mandi in NW Tasmania
« on: June 13, 2009, 12:34:23 am »
A Big Hello to everyone!
I went to a delivery demo about 4 weeks ago and haven't been able to stop thinking about the TMX since. I've been researching everything that I can find on the TMX and have come across this fantastic site, you are all so friendly ;D. I've spent hours reading through this forum and LOL :D. I haven't purchased my TMX yet.......but I have been fortunate enough to borrow my friends. I know how on earth could she bear to be away from her TMX, lucky for me that she can. I'm so grateful to her.
My first session with the TMX I made rice pudding, choc mouse, bread rolls, potato & leek soup, Gnocchi, sorbet, pear jam, cashew spread & cashew and maple butter all in one day!!! I've never felt so confident in the kitchen before, Thermie made it so easy for me with great success.
I have two gorgeous boys 7 & 4yrs. My 7yr old has asthma & food intolerance's and is a fussy eater. I have read Sue Dengates Failsafe Cookbook & we're following guidelines & adapting our diet. I've seen a great difference in health & behaviour for both of them. Cutting out all those nasty numbers has changed our lives.  So too will the TMX, I just have to save up so I can buy my own. Look forward to becoming a Thermie groupie with all the rest of you.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Hi from Mandi in NW Tasmania
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 01:15:35 am »
Welcome - another Tassie - hope you manage to get your own little machine soon.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 01:33:49 am »
welcome mandi!

we are trying to get a failsafe chat thread going so come and add your 5c :)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 01:50:11 am »
Welcome Mandi, hope it doesn't take you long to save up for your very own TMX - must have been a bummer having to give your friend's back ;D ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline UnConundrum

• View Profile
    • What I love to eat
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 03:50:44 am »
Hi Mandi, nice to meet you!

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 11:04:54 am »
Hi Mandi. Have a great time here.

MM

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 12:33:44 pm »
Hi Mandi,

Another Thermie Groupie from Tassie - hooray!!!  Where are you in the North-West?  We live just outside Forth.  Is your demo consultant Sally Bond?  She is just wonderful and thankfully never complains about all of my phone calls and questions!

Hope you are able to buy your own thermie very soon!!!!

Chelsea  :) :) :)

Offline Mandi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 06:23:41 am »
Hi Mandi,

Another Thermie Groupie from Tassie - hooray!!!  Where are you in the North-West?  We live just outside Forth.  Is your demo consultant Sally Bond?  She is just wonderful and thankfully never complains about all of my phone calls and questions!

Hope you are able to buy your own thermie very soon!!!!

Chelsea  :) :) :)

Hi Chelsea,
My 7yr old son goes to Forth School!! So I frequent Forth regularily. I actually live towards magestic Cradle Mountain (where hubby works) in a town called Wilmot. My demo consultant was Fiona Hoskins from Launceston, Sally Bond was also at the demo as she was just starting out to become a consultant their both so lovely. So when I have saved up for my TMX it will be Sally that would do the sale & delivery demo.
So great to know of like minded Thermie lovers like yourself so close...

Mandi

Offline Mandi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 06:31:28 am »
Welcome Mandi, hope it doesn't take you long to save up for your very own TMX - must have been a bummer having to give your friend's back ;D ;D

Hi Judydawn,

Yes it was a bummer :'( both DH & myself missed Thermie). We have been lucky enough to borrow it again though!! I'm considering being a consultant to help me on my way to owning my own & I was wondering how other people have found the experience of demonstrating etc.

Mandi

Offline Mandi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 06:36:22 am »
welcome mandi!

we are trying to get a failsafe chat thread going so come and add your 5c :)

Hi Karen,

Thanks I'd love to join in on the failsafe chat cyou there.

Mandi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 12:25:25 pm »
How funny!!!  We were at Wilmot last weekend on our way to Cradel Mountain.  We stopped at the village market to check out the chickens.  What a great market you guys have!!!  We also drive to Wilmot to frequent the bakery - the best meat pies in Tassie according to my Hubby!

Fiona is certainly great and an inspiration when I see her at classes in Launceston.  Sally is terrific too and is now in full swing as a consultant.  Good luck if you decide to become a consultant - they are certainly a wonderful machine to be selling!

Chelsea  ;D

Offline Mandi

• View Profile
Goodmorning
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 02:38:17 am »
Hi Chelsea,

Wow, how funny is that and what a small world  :-)). We live in the Federation style house next door to the market! Pauline & Cam at the Bakery are lovely their vanilla slices are yum too. Your welcome to drop in for a cuppa next time your up our way. How often do you go over to Launceston for classes with Fiona? I know of a couple more Thermie groupies around Forth, perhaps they (Fiona & Sally) could look at doing some classes at Devonport? Have you made anything with the Varoma, I haven't used this yet.

Mandi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 05:18:11 am »
Hi Mandy,

I think there will be classes in the North-West eventually - I think Fiona said they may be in Burnie though (there are a couple of consultants there)??

I used my varoma for the first time the other night.  I didn't use it for ages and then my 3 year old asked why our thermie didn't have a hat (he had seen a thermie with a hat at a varoma demo).  After making Baf's??  all in one chicken dinner (in the main dishes section) I will definitely by trying some more.

Chelsea  :)