Author Topic: Silly Themothingy VDO!  (Read 7253 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Silly Themothingy VDO!
« on: September 16, 2012, 11:02:02 pm »
Please oh please go see the new VDO apparently put out by HO Au. It is a scream. The accent! The Stepford Model! The Thermothngy Green Kitchen! Whatch her pour the chick peas! Place the poux taaaay toesss into the jug!

Give me the pressure cooker and the stick blender. At least now I have learned how to use them now. Thank you.

This VDO is even more fun that the lovely German guy cooking for his parents.

Oh Helene give me strength. When will they ever get it right?

www.superkitchenmachine.com
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
Re: Silly Themothingy VDO!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 11:09:50 pm »
very funny gert
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 12:14:43 am »
Obviously not filmed on the say day, either - two different hairstyles and two different outfits .... don't they say, "The Devil is in the Detail"?
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 12:19:30 am »
Obviously not filmed on the say day, either - two different hairstyles and two different outfits .... don't they say, "The Devil is in the Detail"?

Oh o you said Devil! Ros removed her thread.

That is one funny VDO for sure. I didn't notice the hair I was so involved with the model not spilling her chick peas having to use two hands to control the jar. They looked more like pastry weights than chick peas. Now that would have been exciting!

Check out her knife work as well. Would have been easier if she had not been using what looks like a boning knife.

They obviously had no continuity person and the food and props are all over the place. The chorizo becomes whole again. Holy miracle. And the naughty girls , after removing her gardening gloves did not wash her hands but then again the freshly  dug up veggies were soooooo clean.

I just had a light bulb moment. I think the narrator is Frank Spencer from"Some Mothers Do Have 'em".

Gert
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 12:41:02 am by Gertbysea »

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 12:35:16 am »
It sounds like on the kindle when you press the text to sound button. Pathetic video, not one to be proud of.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline SueJen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 12:45:48 am »
very disappointing, not a patch on Helenes or Teninas
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter”. - Martin Luther King, Jr

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 12:57:44 am »
Maybe the first thing they should have pointed out was never put your Themothingy so close to the edge of the benchtop.

Gert

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 01:08:19 am »
That is so funny
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 02:09:35 am »
... don't bite my head off here, but the video is actually professionally done (but that's all).  The continuity and content leave so much to be desired that that makes it a totally laughable entertainment.  it's really interesting to note how each of us has seen something different in it, too.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 02:18:46 am »
I think you'll find the 2 hairstyles are representing the different cooking methods.  The first one with the wavy hair showing how you used to have to use a pressure cooker and stick blender to make the same things, compared to life with the TM (woman has straight hair).

I agree not a very good video, too mechnical.  I see a lot of videos like this though when researching products on line.  :-\

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 02:45:47 am »
I will watch this later at work when no one is around  ;)

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 02:56:18 am »
We get it about the hair styles and change of clothes.  We also get that it was a professional shoot.  What we don't get  are the gardening gloves,  the plastic veggies , the patronising script and the Frank Spencer VoiceOver and I am a feared of the damn thing falling off the  bench as it is  so near the edge.

I think the steam from the pressure cooker was used to straighten the curls.

I needed a good laught this morning.  Thanks Helene.

I do love the spacy  green  arm thing  and the light bulb. Perhaps in Europe they do not have  our energy saving globes.

Gert

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 03:49:31 am »
Oh dear! What a shocker. :o
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 05:11:32 am »
Perhaps Cecelia who appears on this forum as the unofficial spokesperson for TMX Australia would enlighten us as to who is the target audience for this video, where was it made and what were the key messages they were hoping to convey.

mcmich

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 06:58:24 am »
 ;D ;D ;D