Author Topic: You might find this a strange question. But seriously, does anyone else get it?  (Read 15738 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
I was minding my own business in the shower this morning (singing Bohemian Rhapsody, in case you're wondering ;)) and I looked down at my feet. I thought I'd better wash them.

But has anyone else ever realised how far away they are? I mean, they're all the way down on the ground. And you're up above them. And you have to get down with the flannel and scrub them... it pretty much feels like a gym workout some days.

Does anyone else get what I mean?

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
No I haven't thought it too bad. I lift them up so they're easier to reach however..............trying to do that when you're pregnant is another matter.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
totally. unfortunately. As I have got fatter the distance to  my toes has been greater. Although I can say that I have never been able to touch my toes even when I used to do gymnastics in primary school cos my legs were too long. Now, unfortunately unless I lose a suitcase of baggage there is always going to be something between us. so yeah Amy, I think I know where you're at unless you were talking about having a real work out trying to get the tinea and not having to bend down and reach  ;D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
this reminds me of a Q i once asked my friend, How much weight do u want to lose, her reply was when i can see my   :o i will stop 
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Yes Amy,  ;D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

• View Profile
 :o
OMG what am I going to be like if I ever get pregnant?! I'll have to get an extension rod and attach a scrubber or something to the end of it ;)

Thank you CP and Robyn for being so understanding of my feelings on this highly sensitive issue :-))
Lol CP, no tinea on my tootsies. I thought you get that in your ears? ???

Oh dear Uni... your poor friend :o

I think anyone who doesn't have this problem must either have really short legs, be a gymnast (except for CP :-))) or have detachable feet. If anyone would like to correct me on this, please do. I would be intrigued...

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Amy, why dont you bring you feet up, much easier I would think.

H
Mum to Crown Prince......

• View Profile
Always a practical solution Hally ;D ;D ;D

I'm going to have a shower now so I will try it ;) I think "Rocket Man" is on the agenda for Amy's Morning Shower Sing-Song this morning :D

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Do u put the music on or do you sing on your own.

We have speakers in our bathroom over our indoor spa bath, & little lights so I i can relax in bath or rev it up in the shower. Our hub is all set up in our home theatre room. I also have speakers out in our alfresco kitchen which s fun.

I must get in my way, hills to cycle or hills to walk or both  ???  Ds has tennis & swimming today & dh has gym & pilates. We used to get there for 8.30 for combat, but too cold these mornings so start at 9.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline deedub

• View Profile
Bend zee knees, Amy!
Melbourne, inner north

stacelee

I don't have a problem finding my feet but I'm only five foot so I'm not far away from them.

I'm very much a child of the seventies and eighties with my taste in music....I listen to things like Alice cooper, Bruce and queen.  Alice is my house cleaning music.  I'm also constantly exposed to jazz and swing music because it is brat boys genre and he is constantly singing or playing it.  Nothing quite like driving the freeway at 6.30 in the morning with your passenger belting out jazz tunes.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Amy, when we redesigned the small bath at home, we put a ledge for a seat in. Very easy to sit and scrub feet.

I am spoilt... :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

• View Profile
Hally, I sing my own of course! Nothing like a good (or bad) sing in the shower! ;D I'm starting to think you live in a palace Hally, it all sounds very luxurious. When you say combat, do you mean Bodycombat the Les Mills class?

LOL deedub, another piece of practical advice :-))

Stacelee, sometimes I wish I were shorter so my feet weren't as far away. But I'm stuck at 5 ft 7 inches. Great for reaching the top shelves in the supermarket, not so good for economical washing :-))

Robyn, I want one :o

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Upturn a small bucket Amy....by the way, I wonder what else your mind wonders...interesting  :P LOL!
.........EAT CAKE!