Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6183759 times)

mcmich

Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #7665 on: March 21, 2013, 05:16:13 am »

Mich, just promise me you'll try not to bite them!!! ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 06:11:13 am by judydawn »

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #7666 on: March 22, 2013, 01:42:47 am »

The wind here is just ferocious, and getting worse.....hubby has just raced out to a big fire, so wind is the worst kind of enemy.
2 minutes after he left, another one broke out in the opposite direction...they're going to be busy today!

So....that fire was interesting  :o
By 2.30, emergency sirens and warnings were on local radio, saying that the wind change within the hour was bringing the fire OUR way .....act on your fire plan!
School buses were being halted, so that was a big relief.
Oh where do you start?.....really had no fire plan, other than grab the cats & dogs, then panic!
Thankfully it was contained by 50 tanks & water planes.....poor hubby didn't get home until after 8.30 PM (left at lunch time)...he was a lovely shade of black, and ravenous to boot!   :P

Oh, and there was also a murder in our sleepy hollow yesterday....so lets hope today is very beige!

Oven is on, and about to make a cupcake present for a friends Birthday tonight...looking forward to some bubbles too   ;D
Toodles.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #7667 on: March 22, 2013, 04:21:12 am »
 :o :o :o
I hope today is alot less dramatic for you Maddy!  :-*
:D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7668 on: March 22, 2013, 04:31:17 am »
I hope its quiet today for you Maddy
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #7669 on: March 22, 2013, 06:08:48 am »
A murder Maddy  :o The husband did it!!!!

Well, after a week of chasing up tickets for the cruise, we went to the travel agent who told us just to present our receipt and ID on boarding. Why could he not tell us this on the phone?

Have added some last minute items for the garage sale tomorrow. I probably did at least 40 bags this week but what a mess I have now. I want to pack things that I'm keeping into plastic tubs with lids rather than boxes, so stuff is everywhere in the shed and flat. Will probably be able to have another garage sale once it's all sorted.  :D

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #7670 on: March 22, 2013, 06:32:00 am »
What a waste of your time Michele  >:(  I hope your garage sale is a success

Enjoy your bubbles Maddy, it sounds like you had a dramatic day yesterday  :o

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7671 on: March 22, 2013, 06:57:20 am »
have a great sale Michelle
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

mcmich

« Reply #7672 on: March 22, 2013, 07:06:40 am »
Thanks MF and Robyn. Just want to get rid of the (huge, great, big pile of things I don't use). We probably have more excess than most as DH and I combined households. Very pleased that DH hasn't been too resistive and even put a few things from his workshop on the sale.  :D

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #7673 on: March 22, 2013, 07:40:57 am »
housework today and made some sausage rolls and ordered some things online for Lily's high tea birthday party ;D

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #7674 on: March 22, 2013, 08:43:27 am »
Oh Maddy such a terrible day. Please give DH a big hug from me. It's brave people like him that keep our communities safe.

Hope your beige day was a better one ;)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7675 on: March 22, 2013, 11:29:50 am »
Maddy how frightening for you. Your DH is doing a wonderful job.

Today we decided to go for a drive south. We went down to Busselton and then Dunsborough and on to the Gabriel Chocolate factory and the Natural Olive oil place. We visited both on the retreat. Had lunch in Dunsborough and then a Simmos Icecream. We called again at Bussleton as we had some Model A things to do there.
We got home about 6.30pm. A long day but fun.

May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #7676 on: March 22, 2013, 11:42:03 am »
Oh Maddy how awful, please stay safe and your wonderful DH, what a vital  job he has.

Done loads of ironing, all pyjamas and sheets for a change, we have a fiercely cold wind. Wasto be trying a friends bike at noon but we ave plumbing probs so have to stay here while it is sorted. Post lady also told me to stay in today, I usually meet her on a walk each morning.she said it was a cruel wind.
Lot of snow forecast tmro. 20cm!
At least it melts fast in March.

Need to get few things from supermarket. Did Aldi yesterday but can't get everything there. It will be heaving, always is when forecast bad. Crazy really. I only go fortnightly, less if I can.

Sorry about the dog, probably a one off. Animals are well.... Animals. Ooh I'd love a wee dog like that. Maybe when we get through this latest saga and one day get settled.

My blanket is making good progress, it is over half way joined up.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7677 on: March 22, 2013, 02:04:50 pm »
What a very frightening day for you Maddy :o I hope you got to relax with "bubbles" tonight ;)

Good to hear that you had a lovely day out with DH Cookie.It looks a very peaceful place from the photo. :)

Great work doing the ironing DJ.It was cold walking Chance this morning,so keep warm inside today ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #7678 on: March 22, 2013, 08:25:43 pm »
Hope today is more relaxing for you Maddy,  ;D

Cookie, that is a great photo and so glad you enjoyed your day.

DJ glad you have the ironing out of the way, stay warm with the colder weather around.

Marie

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7679 on: March 22, 2013, 09:01:13 pm »
Cookie great photo

DJ take care, stay inside. :)

We had lots of wind and rain last night, but no cyclone.]

[/url