Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6182282 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #25980 on: March 02, 2022, 05:27:39 am »
Chookie I popped the Zucchini and Carrot cake up for you.

I did the food shopping this morning. Our shelves had more on them, which is lovely. Good yoghurt is still hard to find. I will force feed DH 'the yoghurt I make, I love it. ;D ;D ;D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25981 on: March 02, 2022, 06:21:58 am »
Maybe he will come to enjoy it too cookie.
I was going to make a carbonara pasta dish for lunch today then I remembered that I didn’t have the TMX. Used a packet one out of the freezer instead, yuk!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 06:23:34 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25982 on: March 02, 2022, 08:16:29 pm »
Thanks Cookie.
Judy, no TMX?
Finally cleaned up my Mediterranean garden. I call it this as it is a heat trap. At the moment it is growing tomatoes, Rhubarb,onions,  lettuce and Clematis.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25983 on: March 02, 2022, 10:03:33 pm »
It’s in for a service Chookie. I was having a few small issues and because it’s the only TMX I will ever own I wanted to ensure it lasts. Ended up there were quite a few problems and it’s going to be around the $500 mark to bring it back to scratch - that includes a new MC and lid seal for my DD.  I was told that they only keep spare parts for 20 odd years for the different models so it’s certainly worth it for me to get done right now.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #25984 on: March 03, 2022, 06:08:50 pm »
Maybe I should look at getting mine checked over as well, Judy.  I guess my TM31 must be at least 10 - 11 years old but there is a bit of time yet
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25985 on: March 03, 2022, 09:58:19 pm »
The 31 that I gave my DIL was serviced.  She said it made a big difference.  When she finally gets the 5 she is going to send both in for a service.  She said it was worth the cost.
Still lovely Autumn weather. Rain expected over weekend.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25986 on: March 03, 2022, 10:23:35 pm »
That surprises me re the cost of the service and parts , as they will have a lot of trade ins from the last upgrade deal . In fact what are they going to do with all the trade ins of the 31 and 5 !
Well Covid has caught up with us , this I have avoided and wish it had not got us but . DH rang me to say he had it ! I knew he was feeling unwell and I only had been home one night to collect DD to take to uni 3 hours in the car . DD stayed with me two nights and seen her each day after . So she did another test ( had done one before going to uni (negative ) now she has it ! So I’m isolating in Melbourne DH iso at farm DD iso at special section at college! DS told to stay put cannot come home on weekend . Truly crazy . Spent 5 hours trying to work coles online , hopefully food comes today ! I’m iso because I know I am going to get it and everyone only test positive with RATs when they are really sick . DD got coco pops for breakfast!! Not sure that will help ! I’m just tiered anyway so rest up for me will be good but!! I was really unwell but I think that was a migraine who knows ! Spent all day yesterday on Zoom meetings and the phone calls to the family .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25987 on: March 03, 2022, 10:32:17 pm »
 I don’t know what they’re going to do with the trade-ins K Atie, maybe renovate and sell - who knows.  I certainly wouldn’t want my spare parts coming out of them though and if my machine will last another 15 years with this service and replacement of parts then it’s a cheap investment for me as I rarely use it anyway now.  This is a list of what my problems were and none of them surprise me as we know our machines and can spot problems ourselves.  Good luck with Covid invading your family, stay safe yourself.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 10:34:17 pm by judydawn »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25988 on: March 04, 2022, 08:32:25 am »
Rotten about the Covid KAtie. I hope no one becomes too unwell. O popped in to get my eyebrows done this morning, ( a lass I met at a salon does them at home for me) and as I was leaving she mentioned that her son had it. Fortunately he doesn't love at home anymore.

Judy I guess the wear and tear on our machines is to be expected. They work very hard. My button covers are all worn too and I still have the old seal in my lid.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25989 on: March 04, 2022, 08:57:30 am »
I’ve sent you a message cookie.

I wanted to make some pumpkin soup today so out came the big saucepan and then the Kenwood Chef with the blender attachment which my DD gave me when she bought a KitchenAid.  It made me appreciate the one and only appliance we need to do the whole job. I’ve never used the KC before so it took me a while to set it up with the blender then I stood well back just in case I hadn’t put it on correctly!

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #25990 on: March 04, 2022, 07:15:56 pm »
Sorry to hear that COVID has struck the family, K Atie.  Hopefully everyone will recover quickly with no long term effects.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25991 on: March 04, 2022, 07:53:23 pm »
Judy great you are getting it serviced , I remember with TM31 that it tells them the hours it has done if you ask ! Thank you all for the well wishes re Covid .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25992 on: March 04, 2022, 09:02:52 pm »
K ATIE, that is horrid that the family has Covid. Hope you can all rest.  Seems inevitable if there are teenagers about.
Judy, seems like you will have a new machine. Well worth the money. Maybe HO should let people know if they are going to not service and replace parts in the future.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25993 on: March 04, 2022, 10:24:52 pm »
That’s why I’m putting it out there Chookie, our TM31s are precious and if we can get more mileage out of them it will be well worth the expense.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #25994 on: March 05, 2022, 06:49:44 am »
I am feeling a little mean just now (and a touch traumatised, to be honest).  One of my chooks is clucky and I read one way to combat this is to get her out of her nesting box and put her with the rest of her sisters then clean out her nesting box and put something in it so that she cannot get back in.  It is hoped that that will put her off her broodiness.  Anyway, I kicked her out (cruel woman that I am!) and the only thing I could find to prevent her getting back into her box was my old soup pot which DH had put in his workshop!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I closed the hen run off and left her with the rest of the hens.  When I went back to check on her she was running around and around the hen run clucking piteously because she couldn't get in.  She was jumping up on everything nearby with some height to see if she could get in some other way ... which she couldn't.

I eventually took pity on her and called all the girls in for the night and gave them some fresh feed.  This kept 'Miss Broody' occupied for a while, but one of the other chooks was afraid of the soup pot (she didn't realise I am vegetarian so she was safe from ever seeing the inside of that .. ah well, that is a different story).  Anyway, I gave 'Miss Timid'  some grain separately but then Miss Broody came out and began bullying some of the other hens and some were bullying her in return.

I have left them to themselves for the night and wonder what I will find tomorrow.