Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6168242 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #7815 on: March 28, 2013, 11:10:49 am »
Well Michele I guess you are well on your way now. I hope you have a wonderful time.

Hally, hang in there.

This morning I went and listened to Kate Forsythe speak. She is an excellent speaker. I have never been tempted to read any of her books, but now I think I will try one.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

jakodai

« Reply #7816 on: March 28, 2013, 11:12:42 am »
Me & DS were out and about a lot today, and I still don't feel like I really accomplished much! I'm glad we were home when the big gust of wind come through Melbourne and knocked over that brick wall in Swanston street - I saw the wind come through from the apartment window, it was incredibly strong. I feel so awful for the people that were killed by the wall collapse. Thankfully, me & DS have never been to the part of the city where the wall was. It's been crazy windy in & around Melbourne lately.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #7817 on: March 28, 2013, 11:26:56 am »
Wind was horrible. Hate the wind :(

Happy Easter Michele and have a lovely cruise.

Hugs Hally. Things just aren't going your way atm. Must be the full moon. Hoping things improve quickly xox

Three more sleeps til Easter bunny. Hop hop hop :D

Been a busy day here. Lots of cooking, last day of school/kinder and housework. Finally sorted out Internet problems with Telstra. 24 drop outs in one week, two technicians later and the modem Telstra gave us is not compatible with the service package they put us on. Simple fix for a simple problem. But why did it take two weeks to work out???

jakodai

« Reply #7818 on: March 28, 2013, 11:46:39 am »
Kimmy, the modem's that telstra supply don't have a great reputation. My parents are with telstra and have a lot of problems with their modem. I believe they either have or are going to just buy a new modem.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #7819 on: March 28, 2013, 12:12:41 pm »
Would you believe we did that this week too. A Belkin I think and that didn't work! Must have picked the one in a million that was faulty!!! Got the new modem free and all seems good, faster and our phone is clearer too. So fingers crossed it works.

jakodai

« Reply #7820 on: March 28, 2013, 12:18:31 pm »
I'm not a fan of Belkin, I think every Belkin product I've ever owned has failed. I have always had Netgear modems & routers, and have never really had problems. They eventually die, but mine are always on, and always have multiple devices connected to them, so I can't really complain. If I get a couple of years out of them, I'm happy! lol

Good luck with the new modem, it sounds like it's already better.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #7821 on: March 28, 2013, 01:20:51 pm »
Mmmm cousins came home, had a lovely meal that I preapred. Bought a bottle of red a bottle of white & a jar of coffee from down south.

They had dinner, she grumbled about going to the shops but we bundled them out, 40 mins later they returned empty handed with her being not able to walk, so I sent her to bed, lol, 10 mins ater shes eating cookes watching tv.

Now if i was unable to walk, dh woukd make me stay in bed & dh would have done the shopping on his own.

I give up, tried everything......
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline sue_purrb

• View Profile
« Reply #7822 on: March 28, 2013, 01:26:24 pm »
Halley, you must have the patience of a saint! You are obviously very good at being the bigger ( better) person.  :-*

It's good that you can still laugh.....I think my ability to laugh or even give a fake smile (snarl in disguise) would have run out ages ago!

Did you know you can dispose of bodies in the thermomix?  ;D ;D

Sue
Beauty is only fur deep.....

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #7823 on: March 28, 2013, 01:52:34 pm »
Yes but I dont want o blunt my blades, warranty just ran out, lol

Oh yes the red wine is for  them as we dont drink red.

Cant wait for them to go........

Maybe saturday they will splurge.

They bought the coffee as he drinks heaps in the morning & he knew t was early out. He gave it to me as a present,I i said its not for me i dont drink instant coffee.

Aaaggghh.  Body in bag....

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #7824 on: March 28, 2013, 01:55:47 pm »
H....they're a train wreck!  :-))  worst guests that I've ever heard of.

I'm glad we were home when the big gust of wind come through Melbourne and knocked over that brick wall in Swanston street - I saw the wind come through from the apartment window, it was incredibly strong. I feel so awful for the people that were killed by the wall collapse.

Oh, wasn't that just horrific   :(  

Kimmy...Goodluck! I can't recall how many hours I've spent on the phone to telstra  :-))  frustration overload!

Sue....I'm scared  of you  :o
LOL

I really was stupid to go shopping today...der...Good Friday eve madness with the other gazillion shoppers  :o.....and guess who was too focused on the "get together" food & drinks, and forgot about fish for tomorrow...double der  :-)).  
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #7825 on: March 28, 2013, 02:04:22 pm »
Had a lovely day. Nice drive down to Margaret River via Busselton for work purposes.
Unloaded car and dogs and light lunch then browse in shops then glass of wine before dinner.
Need to make the effort to come here again more often as we used to come at least once a month but recently not so often.
Tapas tomorrow night then winery lunch Saturday and Sunday and catching up with friends.....,Bliss..... Lucky we booked in advance.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #7826 on: March 28, 2013, 09:02:15 pm »
MF that sounds lovely.

Hally you will be so happy to see the back of those guests, lots of bubbles when they are finally gone.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7827 on: March 28, 2013, 10:04:27 pm »
Visitors from hell Hally, gladly it is almost over and you can return to a normal life.  These people don't deserve hospitality from anyone.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #7828 on: March 28, 2013, 10:31:09 pm »
Oh my goodness H.. They obviously dont respect you or your house... How rude.. Theyvare beyond bad... Your better than me i would have asked them to leave.. Family or not you dont treat ppl like that 😡
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #7829 on: March 28, 2013, 10:46:50 pm »
I know, speachless.

Yes a train wreck, visitors from hell etc.

Glad to see the back of them, wshing our long weekend away >:(

I asked them if they bought eggs for the boys, no not yet.

We cooked 15 kebabs last night & 8 sausages, we have 5 kebabs left,  split 6 ways ???  Of course I have a house full of food.

Not even a thank you for any meal I  have prepared.

Ok sorry off my rant.

The 4 of us are going out on the bikes this morning & I am taking the kids to see The Croods this afternoon.

:)