Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6143332 times)

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #6600 on: January 23, 2013, 02:50:22 am »
Maddy that is soooo gross. Boys are gross.
Lovely photo CC. You and chance make a lovely couple ;)
Gardening duty up at kinder today. DS5 ripped his tshirt, DS4 went down slide too fast and scratched his back and I couldn't start DH's blower vac but tried 4 times. Bl##dy power tools.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #6601 on: January 23, 2013, 02:52:25 am »
LOL Kimmy ;D

Offline kt2

• View Profile
« Reply #6602 on: January 23, 2013, 02:54:49 am »
Oh Maddy that's so gross but also SSOOOO funny!! Ugh!! :o :D :D :D
Katie, Perth WA

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6603 on: January 23, 2013, 03:27:40 am »
I know how bad that smell would have been maddy, well maybe my semi rotten potato experiences have never been as bad as yours though as at the first whiff I have searched high and low for the cause and after the first time, I now know what a rotting potato smells like.   You might need to buy him a new pencil case.

I remember years ago when I had a terrible smell in my kitchen appliance cupboard and it took me a few days to put 2 and 2 together.  The last thing I had used the food processor for was to make fish patties so I took the lid off that and phew, yes that was the culprit.  I had hand washed it and that was obviously not enough to get rid of the fishy smell.  After a wash in the dishwasher, problem solved. Thank goodness the Thermomix doesn't retain smells - I've been lucky enough to not have had a smelly seal and lid.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #6604 on: January 23, 2013, 03:35:04 am »
Maddy that is soooo gross. Boys are gross.

indeed they are Kimmy!....but luckily they are so smoochy though...it amazes me what grossness I find hidden in that room  :P

Judy, I could just imagine that stench!! Eeww.
I am soaking it in hospital grade disinfectant, then see how it goes after washing it.  I Would have turfed it, but it was a $20 quicksilver one...so will try and get the smell out first.

Experimented with those steamed ladybug cakes (disappointing), and have some mochachino brownies in the oven right now.
cricket training starts again tonight, so better think about dinner soon.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #6605 on: January 23, 2013, 04:19:11 am »
Recovering from the madhouse yesterday. 5 kids here.
Take the extraboy back to his temp carer later.

Today the boys have been fighting, playing  nicely now. I notice its early morning they fight maybe before  the kids meds start to work, poor love.

Anyway the fridge needed sorting, now I know where the money has been going, cheese, i must have about 4kg of different types  of cheddar, plus other cheese ???

Plus i thought I had a leek, but no found, 1/2 cabbage, 4 carrots, 1 tomato, 1/2 pumpkin, the leek, 2 spring onions from garden & 2 zuchinis & 2 green capsicums.

So made up a colslaw as a start :)

Will be taking sime cheese away with us.

:)

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 04:21:59 am by Halex »
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #6606 on: January 23, 2013, 05:20:46 am »
working
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #6607 on: January 23, 2013, 05:34:38 am »
Me too  :(

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #6608 on: January 23, 2013, 06:09:27 am »
Cleaned out the first aid boxes. Now in one plastic container. Cleaned the shower, took me ages. I hate doing that job. Cleaned out all DS toys and books. Now time to relax before cooking dinner.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

• View Profile
« Reply #6609 on: January 23, 2013, 06:10:34 am »
You've done well DG :D
I'm tryin clean up Clinker's mess... his feathers are all through the house :P

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #6610 on: January 23, 2013, 06:13:20 am »
Amy it has taken me all school holidays to catch up on the housework. I usually only have time for a quick clean.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

• View Profile
« Reply #6611 on: January 23, 2013, 06:16:17 am »
At least you have caught up now DG.... ready for another term ;D And I'm sure the house must be sparkling!! :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6612 on: January 23, 2013, 06:20:10 am »
Watered the back garden with the bore then found I needed to do some maintenance work on the fittings leading to the bore - water squirting out everywhere.  I hate having to do these jobs but what can you do, you need it working right now, not when and if you can find someone to come in and fix it.  Sat DH outside in the shade, put the trigger hose in his hand (had to put a rubber band on the trigger as he hasn't the strength to hold it in for any length of time) - gave him something to do for a short time before I took over and did the area out in the sun.  Retirement village living - at times like this, it looks very tempting ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

mcmich

« Reply #6613 on: January 23, 2013, 06:27:46 am »
My mum amd aunties have a ball at their retirement village. Mum has a beautiful 2 bedroom villa. Anything at all that she wants installed or maintained is done through the village maintenance crew. All the bus trips. Mind you my mum is 12yrs older than you and wouldn't have been looking at that stage of her life. I would love to live there. Have to be over 55yrs so another 2yrs and I will see how DH feels about it?  :D

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #6614 on: January 23, 2013, 07:16:26 am »
I have had 3 extra kids here today,  so it was busier than normal. There was lots of crafting activities by they girls, Lego for the boys, a sausage sizzle for lunch and a cupcake competition in the afternoon. My dishwasher has been on twice today, and there is a mess in my house as not everything has been put away properly yet. In the middle of it all, I decided to make potato gnocchi for the first time.
I am lookin forward to a quiet evening :)
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous