Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6148359 times)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #4485 on: November 18, 2012, 10:03:41 am »
Sounds like you have had a good Day Amy.  ;D

It's a shame that you had to miss your movie MF.

Maddy I hope DH gets some rest and feels better.

I went for a run this morning. It was hot and windy. DW and I finished off all he washing and ironing, She did more of it than me. I mostly just iron my business shirts. I then tried to mow the back lawn but the my mower has died.  I tried fixing it but samll engines are not my thing. I am much better with the big stuff.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: November 18, 2012, 11:26:31 am »
What a lovely gift from your Mum Amy,it's fabulous.You will have fun spending the gift card ;) The meal looks delicious and what joy to be with your grandparents today. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: November 18, 2012, 11:28:31 am »
Maddy I hope your DH has fully recovered from his illness :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Mama Fergie

« Reply #4488 on: November 18, 2012, 12:43:34 pm »
author=Amy :-) link=topic=10298.msg224741#msg224741 date=1353228202]
Thanks everyone for having my drink for me ;D ;D ;D

author=Mama Fergie link=topic=10298.msg224709#msg224709 date=1353222885]
And you don't need permission  ;D
Bubbles will be a nice for your first drink Amy

Bubbles sound very nice MF! :D I have just been discussing dates with mum too.... she has an appointment in Perth in early January, so she could bring me up to Perth then if your not busy  :)

Not sure about early January as DD's baby is due boxing day but her original date was January 3rd. The midwives change it weekly  :(  Late januarywould be perfect as DH will be away on business for about 10 days and baby will surely have arrived  :D
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 12:50:57 pm by judydawn »

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: November 18, 2012, 08:34:26 pm »
I was cooking, today is work ;D ;D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: November 18, 2012, 10:53:33 pm »
Normal Monday morning for me - early personal trainer session and now settled in working and sneaking some time on the forum.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: November 18, 2012, 11:16:22 pm »
Family meal for DS birthday.
Busy day and tired now.
The nicest thing my mum said at the end when we took her home was that she remembered taking 3 trains with my (late) Dad to see DS the day after he was born, and here she was again  26 yrs later. I just thought it was very sweet.

Night all.

Mama Fergie

« Reply #4492 on: November 18, 2012, 11:19:01 pm »
Hope your DS had a lovely birthday DJ.  :D
Doesn't time fly?
Very sweet that your mum remembered  her first visit to see him as a newborn.
Sweet dreams.
About to walk the dogs here  :)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: November 18, 2012, 11:21:07 pm »
How lovely DJ :D Sleep well and we'll see you in the morning ;D

Enjoy you walk MF :D

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: November 19, 2012, 01:13:12 am »
Phew, it was a busy weekend here:
DS's school gala on Friday night, my first ever craft market on Saturday (was good, but a little quiet, would have been nice to sell a bit more of course).  Then DS had a birthday party Saturday afternoon.  And kids Xmas party at the local working men's club on Sunday!!
And this morning was spent out at playcentre with DD (playcentre is a parent co-operative early childhood centre, and Monday is my day on team). 

Was all great fun, but exhausted now.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: November 19, 2012, 01:28:36 am »
That does sound like a busy weekend!
It was hectic here this morning as DS (who had his tonsils out last week) who has been fine All weekend, was angling to stay home from school, so he refused breakfast, was really grumpy and slow to get ready. Meanwhile DH managed to spill his breakfast shake all over himself. I had to sponge the milk out of his clean(?)work clothes, but he had done such a good job that I had to put them in the machine on the hand wash cycle. I then attempted to finish getting dressed, when he did it again! This time it wasn't as bad and I used my Enjo cloth to wipe him down. This time is trousers were ok but he needed a (third) new shirt, and I couldn't wash the second shirt with the first as the machine was going and as it's a front loading machine, so it's too hard to add to a load . He managed to get the iPad wet too, so I had to clean it and its cover whilst he left for work. I walked the kids to school, walked to the bakery and then tackled the housework. I'm on my 4th load of washing, the wet areas and the kitchen is done, and I'm just finishing a coffee and sneaking a little time on the forum whist I wait for this next load of washing to finish before I do the floors.
I'm now having trouble sending this post!!!!!
Hopefully things will be better this afternoon :)
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: November 19, 2012, 03:12:41 am »
Sounds like you've done well to get all that done - might have been easier without an extra load of washing from DH's breakfast  ;)

I had grand plans of cleaning and washing today, but done one load of washing and that's it!  Oh, well, there's always tomorrow...
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: November 19, 2012, 03:20:14 am »
Washing, kinder, swimming, kinder, lunch, kinder, more washing and finally kinder pick up at 4pm. It's mad Monday!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: November 19, 2012, 03:55:40 am »
work
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: November 19, 2012, 04:07:32 am »
Morning swim and now work.

I was just sprung by a new person starting in our office.  I was reading a work policy document on my computer and must have dosed off for a second when he stuck his head in to say hello.  :-[