Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6147643 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #15960 on: September 19, 2014, 12:17:13 pm »
We have spent the day setting up things for the rally. There is so much craft stuff that has been done by ladies of the club. Some of the patchwork is out of this world. There are lovely bags, crocheted goods etc.
we have unloaded the trailer and put all the stuff under sheets so that people that drop in can't see it. I will cheat and put a photo here for you.
The stuff at the back is the top secret stuff. We took a photo of the beach at the back of the caravan park and venue this evening.

Another day to complete the setting up tomorrow and then the rush comes in about midday on Sunday. It's all very thrilling.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15961 on: September 19, 2014, 12:44:10 pm »
Beautiful sunset Cookie.  I want to see the "top secret" stuff.
I hope it all goes well, you have put a lot of work in.
DH saw another different one on a trailer heading south in Esperance, their on their way.
Denise

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15962 on: September 19, 2014, 01:50:25 pm »
There are going to be almost 120 Model A vehicles here for the rally.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #15963 on: September 19, 2014, 08:48:40 pm »
MF, we, too, have mixed feelings about the Scottish referendum ... should we listen to our hearts or our heads?  I hope, for everyone's sake, it will have to be no, but whatever the result I think it will rip the country apart for a short while until feelings settle back down again.

Although my heart wanted Scotland to be independent I am very pleased that they are still part of the UK. I think it is the most stable and secure  way to go and  for everyone. I am sure you will agree Cuilidh.  :)
Yes, I do agree with you MF.  I am relieved at the result and glad it is over and eveyone can start settling down again.  We were watching the results on the BBC with bated breath all day yesterday.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #15964 on: September 19, 2014, 11:55:56 pm »
Have fun cookie, it sounds great  :)

I daresay you'll need a little holiday after all this!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15965 on: September 20, 2014, 01:35:02 am »
Great idea Nikkit. I might go to Tasmania for a few days.  ;D ;D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #15966 on: September 20, 2014, 03:07:03 am »
I'm really curious about the top secret stuff as well. I love surprises - even if they are not for me. I bought a book for my sister's birthday from Robinsons bookshop in Melbourne that has been selected by a staff member and wrapped up in brown paper and string. Its got a "Blind Date with a Book" tag and you pick a book based on 3 words written on the front - hence you are not judging a book by its cover. The words I chose are "Bold / Jarring / Introspective". I had a hard time choosing from all the words on the books and am curious as a cat as to what it's called and what its all about.... :-)) She's off to Bali in a couple of days time so I'm taking it over to her today so she can read it there.

cookie I hope you can take a photo when all is revealed
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15967 on: September 20, 2014, 03:10:21 am »
That is a clear idea CP. I am interested too.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #15968 on: September 20, 2014, 03:49:24 am »
Fun day here, spring weather...so: outside play, helping miss5 learn to ride a bike without training wheels, water slide (yep, I joined in!! :-)) ), picnic out the back yard for lunch, swings, cubby house, sandpit etc.... i was even invited to join in the girls 'secret meeting'  ;D ;D ;D
Oh, washing done and out on the line, house tidied and vacuumed - except the lounge which has a train set set up in it (yep, still need a train set, even with 4 girls!), and had one of DH's mates call in for a drink and morning tea.  :D :D :D
Just a wonderful relaxed day, and now I have the 2 youngest having their afternoon sleeps, the older 2 having great fun with the hose.  8)
Love love love spring  :-*
And I have a wonderful happy family.  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
:D

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #15969 on: September 20, 2014, 04:05:29 am »
Election Day in NZ - we have been and ticked our boxes, and now lounging around at home.  It is a wet miserable day here, so not feeling like doing much.

DH & I went out to dinner and to a concert last night (Bic Rung & Neil Finn  ;D ). It was a great night!!  The last time I saw Bic Runga live was when I was heavily pregnant with DS.  And the last time I saw Neil Finn live was before I met DH!!!  Still as good as ever.  8)
DH would possibly rave just as much about the meal we had  :D he had ribs at a local slow-cooked BBQ place he has been wanting to try for ages.

Astarra, that sounds like a lovely day with your girls!  I've managed a little hide and seek today, but certainly no water slides here!! ;)
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15970 on: September 20, 2014, 04:42:53 am »
Perfect Astarra. You are blessed.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #15971 on: September 20, 2014, 08:32:06 am »
Fantastic Astarra. :D
Picked up DS from a sleep over, and dropped off DD for one.
DH packing up to take kids camping Monday for 5 days.

Me, can't wait for quiet, me time for 5 days. :)

will be at work, but that's ok
 relaxing  here on the deck.

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15972 on: September 20, 2014, 11:50:03 am »
Astarra, warms my heart to hear lots of outside play. I have been painting my spare ( ex FC ) room.  It is on our closest boundary and oh my I can't believe the way my neighbour speaks to her children! The house next door was bought for investment and in the 9 years we have lived here we have had an interesting mix. There are 3 littlies (2, 31/2 & 5ish) at the moment and nobody should speak like that to children.
Enjoy them as you always do before you know it the will all be in their 20's like mine.
Denise

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #15973 on: September 20, 2014, 11:50:52 am »
Sounds perfect Astarra.
Great date night Jo.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #15974 on: September 20, 2014, 12:15:12 pm »
Got to play with the new TM5 today. The demo was great as we all got to help with the cooking. I like the idea of the guests actually getting to play with the TM5.
I liked that the TM5 doesn't walk when kneading dough. I'm not sure about the fact the seal can't be removed from the lid, and I can see cleaning the locking arms could be fiddly. I quiet enjoyed the touch screen and seemed pretty easy to use although the process is longer, but I think in time that won't be a problem.
I'm looking forward to my machine arriving so I can play some more.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.