Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036348 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23475 on: January 17, 2020, 11:20:39 am »
Making White Peach jam. Tomorrow Peach and Raspberry. Making it in the TMX to the Strawberry Jam formula.
Made 9 mini chicken and mushroom pies in the mini pie machine.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23476 on: January 17, 2020, 11:45:58 am »
Peach jam sounds great . DS and I drove to beach , stopped a time officeworks and Kiki k saw lots of friends when we were sidetracked ! Long day . Today I dropped DS off as he had to help pack swimming bags all day , toilet blocked at Mum’s so Plummer came the place looks like moles have been very active ! Left DM to handle the plumber, as I had to pick up DD from Melbourne uni . Return drive gosh it was long day . DD is rather tiered , lucky she will hopefully get a big sleep in ,but DS has to be helping for a big swim event at 7 am till 4 pm ..all good I hope . Forgot to say we finished Harvest DH decided to do a huge day night till nearly two in the morning then out at 8 to finish off with DS . Now I tell him he is crazy but maybe a lot of rest ( thus we have abandoned one very tired person to get some rest ). Ok so we sound like a mad crazy family .

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #23477 on: January 17, 2020, 10:41:00 pm »
Making White Peach jam. Tomorrow Peach and Raspberry. Making it in the TMX to the Strawberry Jam formula.
Made 9 mini chicken and mushroom pies in the mini pie machine.

Chookie, have you tried Tenina's cherry jam?  I made some the other day, just half a batch to use in her Cherry Streusel Scones that I'll make in the coming days.  The jam is lovely and with the added bonus of not having to pip the cherries first.  I've now bought some more cherries to make more.  That will be me for jam making this year.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 10:45:05 pm by JulieO »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23478 on: January 18, 2020, 03:06:29 am »
White Peach jam sounds amazing. Tenina's Cherry jam is very nice JulieO. I've made it a couple of times. I haven't made the scones though.
DD is working today and DH has gone over to check on his Mum's house. I have been fooling around, not doing much, but did little bits of tidy this and that which have been needing doing. I will probably do the floors while they are all out.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23479 on: January 20, 2020, 12:17:22 pm »
Brought school shoes this morning, then we packed and headed home . Filled the car with food . Home to the cold weather till tomorrow. DH out getting sheep in for crutching .

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23480 on: January 20, 2020, 08:39:26 pm »
I went and had a walk with a friend in Beaconsfield today. It was good to get out of the van for a few hours.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #23481 on: January 20, 2020, 10:47:28 pm »
First day back at the gym today ... I was sort of dreading it as I hadn't been since 24/12 but I am pleased I got started back again and am feeling pretty good.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23482 on: January 21, 2020, 01:09:33 am »
CC, nice to get outside.
 Marina,  very brave.  Glad it was ok.
Had breakfast in Pastore.  Outstanding. Waitress from Perth recommended toasted Banana Bread dipped in Chocolate. No thank you.
Did a circuit of shopping center.  All getting ready for Chinese New Year.  Year of the rat.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23483 on: January 24, 2020, 12:35:29 pm »
Watched the Tennis all day , not much else got done . Did DH job picked up 50 wool packs and fasteners ! Feed Pepper tonight too . DH DD and DS went to the tennis they got one ticket for Rod Laver Arena each saw a game Batty /Williams / Novacoichif ,speiiing wrong , .saw DS on Tv at the end .

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23484 on: January 24, 2020, 08:54:43 pm »
DS and I went grocery shopping. I picked brussel sprouts and coriander out of his garden.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #23485 on: January 25, 2020, 01:22:56 am »
Glad you got a break K Atie and that the rest got good seats at RLA.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23486 on: January 25, 2020, 07:53:17 am »
I’m not into tennis but I think I would enjoy the Australian Open.
DD and I went shopping this morning. She bought herself a new iPad with a keyboard in the cover. She is doing a semester at Uni this year and decided she would buy it. Although she has a few degrees this is the first time she has been back to Uni since her Masters. She usually does them online. I don’t know where she gets the desire to study- DH and I only did a bit after our initial degrees.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23487 on: January 25, 2020, 08:42:02 am »
I’m also watching a lot of tennis lately, haven’t done so for years but I’m really enjoying the matches.   Glad to hear you could also sit back and enjoy a bit of ‘me time’ too K Atie whilst your family were lucky enough to see some live tennis.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23488 on: January 26, 2020, 06:10:02 am »
We are looking at perhaps selling the Holden EK which is still under restoration. We are having dramas fitting all the cars in and DH still having room to work. We had a couple round this morning looking at it. Now DH and DD are out driving in the Mustang. I just had a text from them saying they have stopped off at McDonalds for an icecream as it is quite warm today. 36+

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23489 on: January 26, 2020, 06:27:06 am »
I guess something had to go cookie or you’d be looking for a new house with more garage space.
I’m on the train home from the city after my first mystery tour with the bus company I joined recently. We ended up at the Tanunda oval for a nice BBQ lunch cooked by the staff for our two bus loads. Stopped at the Whispering Wall for morning tea and a chocolate place as well. Beautiful day sitting under the shade of the trees and a nice breeze as well. My first BBQ in years.

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.