Author Topic: WA Retreat Weekend  (Read 469731 times)

mcmich

Re: WA Retreat Weekend
« Reply #915 on: July 04, 2012, 09:06:06 am »
Amy, your supervisor is up to her armpits in doodoo. She knows what she is doing is wrong and unacceptable.
If you put your concerns in writing, the powers that be have no choice but to address it. That is their responsibility.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #916 on: July 04, 2012, 09:12:53 am »
That's terrible Amy, some people are just pure nasty. I don't understand why people are like this, there is absolutely no reason to be nasty.
I hate when complete strangers treat you like s**t just because they feel like it. Makes my blood boil.

My Sister was booked in for a scan at 18 weeks and 3 days, but when she got to her appointment the lady doing the scan refused to do the scan because she was not 19 weeks pregnant :o, she was so rude and wouldn't budge at all. And she complained about my sisters 2 year old making a noise. And as they were leaving she said 'I hope he's in a better mood next time' , my sister said he was pretty good, the ladies reply was 'oh you call that good?'

What a b***h (oops I probably shouldn't say that :D
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 11:59:05 pm by judydawn »
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

mcmich

« Reply #917 on: July 04, 2012, 09:14:42 am »
Totally a B****

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #918 on: July 04, 2012, 09:20:34 am »
Amy, I think you have got a fair idea that we are all here to support you.  Just one thing that hasn't been mentioned is to make sure you also send a copy of your complaint / resignation letter to more than one of your bosses / managers if at all feasible to ensure that it doesn't get 'lost' in someone's rubbish bin - and mark the letter appropriately to show who is getting copies of it. 

Bullying is a terrible thing and no one should have to go through what you are going through.  Stand firm and, if you do leave, you will know that you have hopefully saved future employees from going through what you have experienced.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 04, 2012, 09:24:07 am »
amy your boss does not want you to tell as she does not want to get into trouble

l would document everything she said or does and go above her head
her behaviour is not acceptable 

the chain needs to be broken  and you are the one that needs to do it

we are all hear for you to talk to but this need to be done
you can be strong  just think how nice it would be if she left her job instead of you

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: July 04, 2012, 09:29:49 am »
Good advice cuilidh. Copy in everyone. Make phone calls and get the correct names and addresses. Whether making a compliment or making a complaint  always put it in  print and copy in anyone who has an interest.

I love writing compliments. It's very rewarding personally to let people know they have done a good job. I also think its important to let people know when a job is not done well. I rarely have to write that sort of letter these days. Maybe I am mellowing.

We will all be right on your shoulder Amy.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 04, 2012, 09:35:20 am »
when she goes to lunch tape some smelly old cheese under her desk, everyone will think she stinks  ;D ;D ;D no, don't do that - just think about it perhaps...
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 04, 2012, 09:46:01 am »
when she goes to lunch tape some smelly old cheese under her desk, everyone will think she stinks  ;D ;D ;D no, don't do that - just think about it perhaps...

A Limburger cheese wrapper works a treat. Trust me.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #923 on: July 04, 2012, 10:20:05 am »
That sounds good Gert
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 04, 2012, 10:50:32 am »
Thanks so much everyone, you're all so supportive it almost makes me want to cry :)

I will start writing my letter tonight. I have to work tomorrow and Friday so I will just go in and keep my head down, but I will finish the letter over the weekend and hopefully hand it in next week. I don't like coming home from work and bursting into tears. It's not fun and I've had enough of it! This has been my fourth job, hopefully my fifth will be better :D
Should I give a copy of the letter to all of the managers, or just my manager and the boss? What do you ladies think?

A Limburger cheese wrapper works a treat. Trust me.

Gert

I've thought of doing much worse things, believe me! >:(

Robyn, what a terrible bully that mother and daughter must have been. Its appalling to think of the role models some young children have. No wonder the world is full of bullies, criminals, hookers and druggies these days :-X

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #925 on: July 04, 2012, 10:54:02 am »
I say do not give letters but mail them to the proper addresses. All of them . Your manager, her boss and the head of human resources. May as well CC the head of the company as well. Nothing to lose.

Anyone else with an idea?

Gert

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #926 on: July 04, 2012, 11:00:36 am »
Amy if you are a member of a union i would also send a copy of the letter to them.  Even if you are not a member of the union, i would find out which is your union and contact them.  If you join up, they might be willing to represent you and they will force your company to take your complaint seriously.  The union will also likely provide you with some information on reporting bulling in the workplace if you decide to manage it yourself.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 04, 2012, 11:20:49 am »
Just catching up with this thread and Amy, with the support you have received from your fellow forum members you will probably go into work tomorrow with a completely different attitute.  One like 'how dare you speak to me like that'.  It may impact on you in a way you won't know until the morrow comes.  You may even stand up to her. 
No-one should go home from work and burst into tears - that is just what bullies want you to do and if they know they have got you bluffed, they will continue to play their little games.  It is time for the tide to turn and give this woman the shock of her life.   :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 04, 2012, 11:25:58 am »
Amy, that is not good >:(

Fantastic advice from everyone. Stupid cow wouldnt know you had so many wise old friends..

Hugs
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 04, 2012, 05:18:51 pm »
Who you calling old 😄😄😄😄
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/