Author Topic: Sorbet query  (Read 4488 times)

Offline nutty nutritionist

• View Profile
Sorbet query
« on: February 07, 2012, 01:03:44 pm »
Does anyone have any tips for making sorbet that doesnt go so hard & icy when put in the freezer? I love the texture when its first made in the thermomix, but when i get it out of the freezer a few days later, it is like a big ice block...

Thanks  ;)

Offline Rogizoja

• View Profile
Re: Sorbet query
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 02:00:01 pm »
I'm also trying to crack this one.  So far I've found adding liquid glucose helps and also using the butterfly to whip in an egg white - incorporates lots of little bubbles that "soften" the sorbet. At the end of the day, the ultimate solution is just to take it out the feezer half an hour before you need it!
If music be the food of love, play a tune on your Thermomix for your loved ones.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 02:25:02 pm »
Freeze it in a flat tray so you can cut it into chunks or freeze it in ice cube trays, then reblitz it on speed 9/10 for about 30 seconds, should bring it back to like it was first made  - always has in this house ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 04:48:06 pm »
freeze it in ice cube trays, then reblitz it on speed 9/10 for about 30 seconds, should bring it back to like it was first made  - always has in this house ;)

On the rare occasion there is any leftover I put it in ice cube trays (try and get the trays that make big ice blocks)
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 12:25:14 am »
I re blitz mine too.
We have lychee sorbet and watermelon sorbet in the freezers now.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 06:49:32 am »
I put mine in icy pole things with sticks in. Then if anyone wants one they eat it as an icy pole.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline nutty nutritionist

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 11:13:00 am »
Great thank you! Will try those tips  :)

Offline mkr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 07:15:06 am »
If the sorbet is only for adults ;D then a tablespoon or two of a complementary flavoured liqueur or vodka will prevent it from freezing hard.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 11:47:03 am »
I put mine in icy pole things with sticks in. Then if anyone wants one they eat it as an icy pole.
Brilliant Cookie!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 11:47:35 am »
If the sorbet is only for adults ;D then a tablespoon or two of a complementary flavoured liqueur or vodka will prevent it from freezing hard.
Love this idea too!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand