Author Topic: MC  (Read 4313 times)

Offline Francine

• View Profile
MC
« on: January 22, 2012, 10:26:05 am »
Hi everyone,  just wondering .......in some recipes it says to either put MC in place or not.  Other times no instruction.  What is the normal proceedure?  Always on or always off, if not mentioned in instructions? Thanks guys still green but having fun.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MC
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 10:30:24 am »
If there is no mention of the MC Francine, it is on.  If it has to be off, the recipe will say so.  If you want some evaporation of the liquid, MC off but if it is spitting all over the place, place the steaming basket over the hole.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 10:30:40 am »
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 10:36:41 am »
I keep my MC on most of the time other wise I have food thrown at me lol. Like today I had a choc chip thrown out of the hole so I had to eat it. Oh well those sacrifices need to be made sometimes.

But the other day I made relish, to help reduce the liquid I left MC off and the steam basket sitting on top to help stop spitting of liquid everywhere.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline shiverama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 01:16:54 pm »
Mine is on mostly unless I want to reduce the liquid then I generally stick the basket on to prevent splatter. One word of advice tho' don't store it in the thermomix- my DH thought would be the best place for it, sadly i didn't check before I start chucking things in- Crunch!!! I was not happy :'(
24 beers in a case, 24 hours in a day- coincidence?????

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 01:22:40 pm »
I found DD's MC in a dilapidated state one day when I was down there so I didn't say anything to her (although I was dying to know what happened to it) and just ordered her a new one.  When I took it down to her I found out she did exactly the same as you did shiverama.

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 02:01:24 pm »
One word of advice tho' don't store it in the thermomix- my DH thought would be the best place for it, sadly i didn't check before I start chucking things in- Crunch!!! I was not happy :'(

Yeah, I learnt that the hard way too.  Man those blades are strong!  :o

Nik
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 11:17:40 am »
Same thing happened to me 😔
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 11:19:24 am »
lol I always store it in the bowl and the lid hanging on the side - still have my original MC though it is very cloudy from all the milling and you definitely can't see through it after 4 1/2 years  :D :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline sue_h

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 02:06:53 am »
I usually have lid on unless it states in the recipe or I'm doing a reduction. Recently though I have been sauteing with the lid off. It seemed more logical to me that you actually want the steam to escape if sauteing or else you're really stewing. Anyone else think so or is the design of the Thermomix such that saute should be with the MC on?
Sue from North Queensland

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 04:28:21 am »
Yes, I agree with that line of thinking Sue. It depends on what I am sauteeing but I did some mushrooms this morning, lid off so that I wasn't left with too much liquid.