Author Topic: How Big is a ThermoMat??  (Read 2967 times)

Offline keiramax

• View Profile
How Big is a ThermoMat??
« on: January 12, 2012, 06:08:49 am »
Just made the cheese scone pizza scrolls from a taste of vegetarian cookbook and it says to push the dough out to a rectangle on the Thermomat.  So I'm not sure how big this should be.

Any way I just rolled it out on baking paper to about 4 mm thick.  Then spread the filling.  Nearly came unstuck and ended up with a huge mess.  This dough is very soft and I didn't sprinkle out enough flour to stop it sticking to the baking paper.  It didn't help that I had a 18 month screaming hysterically clinging to my leg.  :'(

I soldiered on and ended up recovering but have more of a cheese scone pizza pull apart.  Still tastes very yum.

Next time, I would change the order of the recipe:
1st grate the cheeses
2nd make the filling - put into a bowl, then wash the TM bowl or not as it wouldn't matter if a bit was in the dough
3rd make the dough - it's a very soft and sticky dough and took abit of washing to get the bowl clean before making the filling.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
Re: How Big is a ThermoMat??
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 06:19:42 am »
keiramax, the thermomat is 38cm x 58cm.

You are a game woman cooking with a clingon.

There is a good scroll recipe on here I use all the time.
http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=2888.0

Just change the filling to what suits or you have available. I often amke pizza or ham and pineapple ones.

DG xxxx
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: How Big is a ThermoMat??
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 06:50:35 am »
and don't bother washing the bowl  :D

Your order is the perfect way of doing it and you are right you don't need to wash the bowl. I often even add extra dried herbs to my scroll doughs for some more flavour (can't hide fresh ones as well from the kids as the dried ones  :-)))
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!