Author Topic: You bad, BAD people  (Read 12640 times)

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
Re: You bad, BAD people
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2012, 12:23:03 am »
I am like you Frozzie, I have pie tins and used them last night so don't see the need for a pie maker. Just another gadget taking up space. As for the ice cream maker, well we don't eat alot of ice cream so that would be a waste.
Have lived without a vacuum sealer successfully so don't really need one now. Yoghurt maker, we don't eat alot of yoghurt.

I do NEED another TMX bowl as it would be handy when making bread.

Just put my new comforter on my bed and now need black pillow cases and cushions. In winter I will put my new black and white flower doona cover on so I will need hot pink pillow cases and cushions to go with that. 

Once we get over the Christmas spending, I will do a bulk buy online at a health food store for more bread flour, grains etc. So I will need more containers to put these in.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 12:50:06 am »
I love gadgets  but find I get them then don't use them that much so feel guilty about the waste !!  So of late I have been listening to dh voice of reason and only getting something if I really think its useful and not just a whim  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2012, 02:41:18 am »
I am the same. I now think about it and wait a month and see if I really need it.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2012, 03:50:53 am »
I have a lot of gadgets and though some of them don't get used every day, when the need arises, it's there.   

Even my Magimix processor; never gets used now, but I won't part with it.  I'd never get the value back if I sold it plus if ever my TM breaks down (shudder), at least I can still chop, blend etc until it's fixed.  Same goes for my rice cooker, steamer, etc...  ;D

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2012, 08:48:25 pm »
The 3 things I could not live without are my Thermie, coffee machine and slow cooker. I still use my steamer when I have alot of vegies to do andd then I can do the fish in thermie. Definately need a second bowl so I will avoid temptation at the sales and wait for it to come on special.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2012, 10:46:37 pm »
DG, my 2nd bowl was a brilliant buy. Use it to rise my bread and all the time too. Couldn't be without it now.

Piemaker great, yesterday needed a quick lunch, so defrosted left over roast Lamb & made lamb & veggie pies, yum, quick & easy, a hit with all. Made 10 pies, only 2 left which will get eaten today. Normally make pastry but yesterday used bought, so very quick & easy.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2012, 12:31:40 pm »
I like my pie maker too. I do have tins, but if I only want to make two or three pies with left over stew, I don't want to use the oven for such a small amount.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

mcmich

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2012, 06:12:36 am »
I have always loved gadgets. I couldn't do without my piemaker or sandwich maker. Before the piemaker I'ld put store bought puff pastry in the sandwich maker for apple pies and left over casserole. It's a quick snack to defrost for DS (22yrs) when he drops in with mates and they know how to eat.
I haven't had an icecream maker for years but one with a compressor sounds very tempting will have to look into that further.
I think I will definitely invest in a Tefal vegetable slicer. It doesn't take up much room and that's one thing thermomix doesn't do is slice. I love Chookies celeriac bake but like the texture of sliced celeriac rather than shredded.