Author Topic: Read the recipe!!!!  (Read 29260 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Read the recipe!!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2012, 01:29:54 am »
It's amazing how things often work out despite our errors. I hope your son is fully recovered now Emeraldsue.

I hope you are all ok with the heat. My thoughts are with you, I hate the heat. We are so lucky only around 31- 32 at the moment.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline daska

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2012, 11:57:08 am »
I find my memory isn't good enough to remember and, all too often, my hands aren't dexterous enough to amend the recipe in writing so I've had to find a solution that works for me.

If I want to try a recipe part of my prep time is to put it into table in either Word or Excel with columns for:
ingredients | instruction/aim/note | temperature | time | basket/butterfly | speed/turbo | reverse/knead | measuring cup/varoma/basket for splashes | anything else
I then use a separate line for each stage / instruction / set of ingredients.
This has the added advantage of allowing me to convert the poxy non-metric measurements that still manage to creep in E.G. Australian tablespoon is 20ml, UK/US is 15ml - a 25% shortfall in something can make quite a big difference to taste and texture LOL.

Then while I'm cooking I can scrawl arrows or new numbers to instruct myself to do extra things, change the order of work, a quantity or a time to suit me.

An iPad app to do this with TMX icons would be fabulous wouldn't it!
Off the south coast of England

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2012, 06:47:56 am »
Daska I have been able to get around the tablespoon problem by having 2 sets of spoons. One Australian and one British.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline daska

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 12:25:14 pm »
LOL - I'd have to remember which to use though, this way I spend the time converting it and don't have to worry. I've not seen Australian spoons here in the UK, will keep my eyes open.
Off the south coast of England

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2012, 12:39:02 pm »
i am always forgetting to push the temperature  button :-))

i don't need a recipe i'm italian