Author Topic: Who on this forum lives/has lived in Canada?  (Read 2145 times)

ElsieD

Who on this forum lives/has lived in Canada?
« on: December 10, 2011, 10:53:33 pm »
Hi:
My name is Elsie and I live in Ottawa, Ontario.  I thought it might be nice to know who else participates in this forum and who lives or has lived in Canada.  I have had my Thermomix for a few months now and am still learning how to use it  As it is so different to use than a stovetop, I find myself second guessing - as in the risotto doesn't seem cooked - I think I'll let it go a little longer and then ending up with a gluey mess.  Maybe you have to make a few errors to become a true believer in the methods used?

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
Re: Who on this forum lives/has lived in Canada?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 11:47:58 pm »
Hi Elsie,

Helene from www.superkitchenmachine.com, tebasile and I am sure there are others who are from Canada are on here.
Welcome to the forum.
With risotto you need to once finished take out the butterfly, stir with the spatula to make the water and rice mix together and let it sit for about 4-5 mins in the bowl before serving. In Australia we have a thermoserver for this purpose. Search for it on google and you will see what it is.
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Who on this forum lives/has lived in Canada?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 11:54:02 pm »
Elsie if you are using recipes from this forum, just follow the instructions the first time and if the recipe is not to your liking, tweak it with some ideas of your own the next time you make it.  Always make notes on your copy of the recipe though as you will probably forget what you thought at the time - there are so many recipes to try, sometimes it takes forever to get back to a recipe the second time.
Valerie has a blog which has a Thermomix section - check that one out too.
Tebasile's Kitchen blog is here.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 12:03:47 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.