Author Topic: Can TMX handle short trip in the car?  (Read 3663 times)

Offline deedub

• View Profile
Can TMX handle short trip in the car?
« on: December 07, 2011, 02:51:30 am »
Hi all, I'd like to take my TMX to a BBQ on Sunday because a couple of friends want their husbands to see it (I should be a demonstrator  :D). But I'm worried about taking it in the car - I know there's a carry bag but this is a once off thing so just wondering if & how I can take TMX for a short 15min drive without damaging anything? I don't have the styrofoam it came in anymore and the kids have used the box for a cat cubby (as you do), although I might be able to salvage it.....
Should I risk it?
Melbourne, inner north

Offline auds

• View Profile
Re: Can TMX handle short trip in the car?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 03:13:41 am »
I would just wrap it up in a towel (the machine part) and put it in the back of the car on the floor.  either that or you could put a seat belt on it  ;D

I wouldnt hesitate to take mine anywhere - in fact probably taking it to SIL place for Xmas

stacelee

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 03:29:41 am »
Mine travelled in a Pajero from Brisbane to Tasmania and then back to Brisbane again.  I have a folding crate/tote box on wheels that I bought from Officeworks.  Tom fitted beautifully in there.  I didn't bother taking the Varoma with me.  I will be taking it with me anytime I travel by car somewhere on holidays....makes life just that little more pleasant.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 05:01:05 am »
i know achookwoman travels a lot with the TM, and will answer this  question when is see it
all i know is  that u need to protect the scales  
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 05:03:54 am by fundj »
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 06:46:34 am »
I have a plastic storage tub with a lid that just fits the TMX with the Varoma basket alongside and also the cookbooks.  I fill in the odd corners with towels and a sheet of non-slip drawer liner that I put under it and under the tray I place it on when using it.  The tray fits flat in the bottom of the tub. 

I am going to visit my daughter for Christmas and am taking the TMX along to do some of its magic.  My van is going to be fully packed because I am also taking lots of goodies and presents.  I'll try to remember to take a photo when I have the van loaded.  People are always amazed at how much stuff I can pack into a vehicle. ;D
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 08:37:48 am »
I have the carry bag made by TMX.  If I didn't have this I would place it in a snug box and stuff towels around it.  Place in car where it won't tip over.