Author Topic: Why did you choose your forum name plus photos of our kitchens  (Read 507143 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: Why did you choose your forum name plus photos of our kitchens
« Reply #885 on: June 10, 2012, 01:05:58 am »
Thanks ladies :D

I am very excited to post another couple of photos. Did everyone notice the grey piece of carpet next to the bin in my kitchen? Well, that ugly piece of carpet was covering an ugly hole in the floor. Until the carpenter came around yesterday and patched up the hole! Yay! I know its only a small development, but you wouldn't believe how many times we forgot that hole was there and nearly broke our ankles in it :( So we're very happy its not there anymore :D

Offline desi

• View Profile
« Reply #886 on: June 10, 2012, 06:45:37 am »
Hi Amy,

I was interest to read your post about your kitchen. We're renovating and are having a new kitchen as well. Another 4 weeks to go until the work is done and I really can't wait. As it often happens with renos one does more than one first plans to do. Hopefully I will be happy with the end result, as it hasn't been easy to live with the dust, and I miss the normality of everyday life.

Hope things work out well for you too :)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #887 on: June 10, 2012, 09:16:31 am »
Amy and JulieO - I noticed you both have large ovens. Are you happy with the Omega brand you have? Anything you don't like?

• View Profile
« Reply #888 on: June 10, 2012, 10:14:18 am »
Hi Amy,

I was interest to read your post about your kitchen. We're renovating and are having a new kitchen as well. Another 4 weeks to go until the work is done and I really can't wait. As it often happens with renos one does more than one first plans to do. Hopefully I will be happy with the end result, as it hasn't been easy to live with the dust, and I miss the normality of everyday life.

Hope things work out well for you too :)

Ooooh desi, that sounds exciting! :D I hope you will post photos? Yes, ours has been changing a lot as we've been going along too, but we're also having renovations to the lounge room, bathrooms, laundry... pretty much everywhere except the bedrooms really! Its been a work in progress for a few years now because our carpenter, plumber and electrician are all family friends and do most of the work on weekends as a sort-of side job to their normal work. We can't complain about the rate its been progressing though, since we're getting it a lot cheaper and we know these guys are very thorough and good at their jobs! Its slow but very exciting whenever the next little bit gets finished :-)) :D
Thank you, I hope your renovations make your home a lot nicer for you as well :)

Amy and JulieO - I noticed you both have large ovens. Are you happy with the Omega brand you have? Anything you don't like?

Hi Tasty! We have only had our omega oven for a few months, but so far it has been fantastic :D Our previous oven was very old and the fan and light didn't work properly, and the stove-top elements either cooked at the highest temperature or not at all. So to have this brand new oven that works properly is a dream come true for me, especially since I love cooking and baking so much :) The only thing I didn't like at first was that I couldn't figure out what the symbols around the dial meant, and sometimes I still forget. I would also prefer a grill as a separate part to the oven like our old oven was, but these are minor things that I can easily work around. It is just so exciting to have a new toy :D :D :D

Offline Donicia

• View Profile
« Reply #889 on: June 11, 2012, 05:33:38 am »
What a fascinating thread!!! Have only just found it and I am working my way thru it ... slowly!!

My forum name is a combination of DH .... Don & myself Patricia = Donicia!!

My kitchen is the front end of our caravan ... not very ultra modern but mobile ... so if we don't like the neighbours/weather/scenery we just move  :)

• View Profile
« Reply #890 on: June 11, 2012, 05:39:17 am »
My forum name is a combination of DH .... Don & myself Patricia = Donicia!!

My kitchen is the front end of our caravan ... not very ultra modern but mobile ... so if we don't like the neighbours/weather/scenery we just move  :)

I love that idea Patricia! And you are lucky that your names fit together to make something that sounds groovy. Good one! :D

How long have you lived in a caravan for? You can't have much bench space in a caravan kitchen! :-))

mcmich

« Reply #891 on: June 11, 2012, 09:03:23 am »
Amy, I bet it's a lot less breezy with the hole in your floor gone.

Donica, I'm sure you fing TMX very handy in the caravan.

• View Profile
« Reply #892 on: June 11, 2012, 12:34:50 pm »
Amy, I bet it's a lot less breezy with the hole in your floor gone.

It sure is Michele! But there is still one in the wall behind the oven, and thats the one that freezes my tootsies in the mornings and evenings :-\ I can't wait until that one is gone too, but we have to wait for the electrician to finish wiring stuff :-))

Offline Donicia

• View Profile
« Reply #893 on: June 12, 2012, 05:00:53 am »
Our Thermomix has been really great in the van we bought a carry bag and each time we move it goes in the bag and on the floor next to the bed and travels safely there. We make a lot of stews, curries and combo meals and it does all the hard work for us and is then so easy to  clean.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #894 on: June 12, 2012, 05:20:49 am »
Amy, what a cute little kitchen. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

• View Profile
« Reply #895 on: June 12, 2012, 06:12:11 am »
Amy, what a cute little kitchen. :)

Thanks Robyn :D The "little" part sometimes gets a bit tedious though!

Our Thermomix has been really great in the van we bought a carry bag and each time we move it goes in the bag and on the floor next to the bed and travels safely there. We make a lot of stews, curries and combo meals and it does all the hard work for us and is then so easy to  clean.

You know Patricia, you have inspired me to want to do something like that. It sounds like lots of fun :D How much does a caravan cost? :)
And TM gets an adventure! ;D

mcmich

« Reply #896 on: June 12, 2012, 04:17:36 pm »
Just having another browse through the kitchen photos.
Love Uni's dining table. How do you reach the cupboards above your oven and fridge Uni?

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #897 on: June 12, 2012, 07:15:28 pm »
thanks M i really love my table 2 it all made from recycled timber, so is the side cabinet buffet.

i have a step ladder to reach the cupboards  i mainly  use it for storeage so maybe i only need the ladder 2 ayear
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

mcmich

« Reply #898 on: June 12, 2012, 11:28:30 pm »
The mirror is gorgeous too uni.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: June 15, 2012, 10:38:20 am »
Thanks for the photos Amy. I'll watch the reno with interest.

Donicia, our TMX comes on holidays with us in the van.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/