Author Topic: Why did you choose your forum name plus photos of our kitchens  (Read 507110 times)

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
Re: Why did you choose your forum name plus photos of our kitchens
« Reply #705 on: December 09, 2011, 08:29:59 am »
Lellyj, mine is a girl because I can't believe a man could do some many things successfully  :D

Sorry to all the male members out there, but I was referring to my hubby who never finishes anyhting.

fundj, it is pretty close, though I don't use the hot plates much since getting thermie. I have glass hot plates, so I always use thermie on top of that as I then have the rangehood on to get rid of the steam.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #706 on: December 09, 2011, 02:25:06 pm »
I don't do windows either.  I pay for a service that comes twice a year and cleans the sand out of the screens - on the windows that open - and cleans the other windows inside and out.  I also use the Windex Outdoor sprayer  that fits onto the end of a hose,  after we have a big dust storm in between visits by the cleaning crew. 
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: December 09, 2011, 05:35:31 pm »
Mine's a boy too.  His name is Heston because Heston Blumenthal was the first chef I knew to use TMs in his kitchen.  The Hostess Trolley is called Delia (after Delia Smith) as they both gained popularity in the 1970s.  Heston and Delia advertise and create dishes for Waitrose (a UK supermarket) so we are referring to both the HT and the TM we call them 'The Waitrose Twins'.

Oh, just as an aside ;D my forum name is my general user name for things such as Flickr and was chosen because at the time I was home educating DD.  One of the subjects we did was Classical Studies and during the course of this I came across Julia Balbilla who was a Greco-Roman poetess.  Little is know about her unfortunately.  And, no I cannot write poetry ...

JB
Rosemary from Bournemouth formerly Gloucestershire

Offline Carine

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 09, 2011, 10:48:52 pm »
Didn't know about Julia Balbilla...
Grinned at TMX- gender discussion...
Felt better about my dirty windows (no dust storm , but plenty of rain at the moment! - my DH looks after the window cleaning job too  ;))...
This forum is definitely open to many different discussions  :)
Franco-Australian living in Tamworth (NSW, Australia)

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: December 09, 2011, 11:01:39 pm »
This forum makes a girl feel good  ;D

I feel like we are all so alike and love the fact that I am not the only one who names their TMX, genderises it and has dirty windows.

I am not as mad as I first thought, or perhaps I am, I just surround myself with mad friends LOL  :-))
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 09, 2011, 11:06:13 pm »
You are not wrong there DG.  We all have so much in common here and being able to share things with so many people is really uplifting at times.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: December 10, 2011, 03:35:17 am »
Still on the dirty windows theme.... here's the kitchen photo I originally chose NOT to post because of the state of the windows (lots of smeary hand prints at child height), but I can now see I'm amongst friends  :D. Much better picture of 'the Wiz' (gender neutral). Maybe we can start a competition on who has the dirtiest windows!
Melbourne, inner north

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 10, 2011, 06:46:39 am »
The windows look fine to me- you can still see out of them. ;) ;)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 10, 2011, 08:11:11 am »
Your windows look fine and you have far more than we do!  Our kitchen is very dingy as not enough natural light plus naff British weather etc.  Also what windows we have constantly need cleaning :-(  The cats like to sit on the outside window ledges and rub their muddy paws over the panes.  Grrr!

JB
Rosemary from Bournemouth formerly Gloucestershire

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #714 on: December 12, 2011, 08:54:19 am »
I was working away quietly and wondered what the incredibly bright orange light was.....the dots on the pics is a consequence of  the wonderful rain which began spasmodically a couple of days ago.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 01:07:43 pm by johnro »
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: December 12, 2011, 08:55:43 am »
Absolutely beautiful Robyn. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #716 on: December 12, 2011, 01:12:41 pm »
It has been as hot here as that sun looks, I would send some your way if I could Denise
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 07:12:33 am by johnro »
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: December 12, 2011, 01:16:48 pm »
It has been as hot here as that sun looks Denise, I would send some your way if I could Denise
If only!! Really cold here,ice on the roads this morning.I gather from the weather forecast there is stormy weather next!!
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 13, 2011, 01:18:12 am »
Robyn, those sunset photos are beautiful, so relaxing.

CC I can only imagine having ice on the roads. It must be difficult driving. We had a massive storm here last night. We went out for dinner and drive through part of it. The roads were really awash as the drains couldn't cope with the water.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #719 on: December 13, 2011, 01:26:36 am »
Robyn, those sunset photos are beautiful, so relaxing.

CC I can only imagine having ice on the roads. It must be difficult driving. We had a massive storm here last night. We went out for dinner and drive through part of it. The roads were really awash as the drains couldn't cope with the water.

Right now it is snowing - so much for the myth of "sunny California" - at least at this altitude.  There is a "caution" message running across the bottom of my TV, warning that travel on the local highways may be dangerous due to blowing snow and black ice.  Travel on highway 138 between Palmdale and I-15 will possibly require chains at higher elevations. 

Which reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw on an SUV  when I went to the market a few days ago.

CHAINS REQUIRED  in large letters, below in much smaller text - Whips and Boots Optional.   :D
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/