Author Topic: Why did you choose your forum name plus photos of our kitchens  (Read 507133 times)

ElsieD

Re: Why did you choose your forum name plus photos of our kitchens
« Reply #315 on: October 10, 2011, 06:54:36 pm »
I have an induction range.  The brand is Electrolux and I am very happy with it.  It has 2 ovens, with the smaller regulat oven underneath the larger convection oven.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 10, 2011, 08:11:06 pm »
I am going to attempt to post a couple of images of my kitchen, forgive me if it goes badly awry.

Fingers crossed ...

At the moment the kitchen hasn't got much character (but you should have seen it about 1/2 an hour after the photos were taken, looked like a bomb had hit it as I had started my week's cooking)! There's also a really big walk in larder / pantry behind the fridge, it is great having all that space to store everything but it seems as though no matter how much, or how little, space you have, it still gets stuffed as full as possible. 
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #317 on: October 10, 2011, 09:57:23 pm »
Looks great to me, Cullidh.  I love wood counters (butcher block) and have several sections in my kitchen. 

? Two ranges?
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 10, 2011, 10:30:56 pm »
Looks good Marina

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 10, 2011, 10:55:25 pm »
 l understand cuiiidh ,l have a wir and it gets jammmed packed full of all sorts of stuff and there not all clothes
ljust because it a space to put them
 l am loving to see everyone kitchens   

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline thermie crew

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 10, 2011, 10:58:01 pm »
Just tried uploading my pic but the file size is too large. How do you shrink it down?
Clare from Adelaide, mum of 3 littlies :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 10, 2011, 11:08:38 pm »
Here's Chelsea's explanation of how to reduce the size of your photos.

"I open the folder where the photo is currently saved (can even be your camera folder).
I right click on the photo and a menu appears.
I click on the "open with" option.
I then click on the "paint" option and it will open in the paint program (don't worry if it is huge).
I then click on the "image" menu at the top.
I click on the stretch and skew option in the image menu.
In stretch and skew I change the stretch settings to 25% and 25% (and leave the other settings).
I then click on the file menu and click on the "save as" option.
I type a new name for my smaller sized photo.
I find the folder where I want to save my resized photo in the drop down menu (I use "my pictures" folder)
I click on save and then close the paint program.
The smaller sized photo will be saved in the folder I selected and will open in almost every application (not just paint).

It sounds complicated but that's just because I have put in all of the steps (I hope). Hope this helps. "
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 10, 2011, 11:10:29 pm »
Yes, Andie, two ranges - one electric (pretty old and cranky, but works) and a rayburn solid fuel cooker that has a wet back so it heats the hot water as well the under floor heating.

Thermiecrew, I wasn't sure how to resize my photos either so in the end I posted my photos onto photobucket.com then edited the photos down to (I think) medium size and just copied the url and posted that into the thread, it turned out to be easier and less complicated than I had thought.  All a new learning process for me, I wasn't at all sure if it would work.  If you are still having trouble, pm me and I'll try to give you more explicit step-by-step instructions, although I'm still a complete amateur at this myself, if we prop each other up we should get there in the end.

Judy also posted her method whilst I was typing, sadly I couldn't follow her instructions for this because my programs have all changed and I couldn't follow her options because of that, but she has posted many photos on this forum with great success so that should work for you.  Good luck.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 11:13:59 pm by Cuilidh »
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Carine

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 11, 2011, 12:38:53 am »
OK- have got around taking a few pic.  See if I can upload these...
Our kitchen isn't quite finished (needs splash back + proper bench top on side of gas stove)- like the rest of our house  :-))  
BUT it's home and it suits us  :)
My hubby installed our kitchen the day after I went to hospital to deliver our yougest son (10 years ago).  This was the final room to be "finished" in the house.  So I came back with our baby to a brand new house with a kitchen I had planned but not seen.  Very exciting time!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 01:05:26 am by Carine »
Franco-Australian living in Tamworth (NSW, Australia)

Offline Carine

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 11, 2011, 12:44:09 am »
and my kitchen part 2  :) 
The embroidery was stiched by my granny and I really wanted it close to me, and as i spend a lot of time in the kitchen there it is!
The last pic is to wish you all a happy spring! or just bring you a bunch of colours if you're not in Australia  :) From my garden to you  :-*

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 11, 2011, 12:45:37 am »
love big dining tables is your a 10 seater, i have a 12 to 14 seater  
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Carine

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 11, 2011, 12:47:52 am »
Mine came with 10 chairs but we can easily fit 12- 14 gets snug  :)  Very handy table- every project/ homework/ mail/ etc usually lands on it!

Offline thermie crew

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 11, 2011, 12:48:55 am »
Thanks for your help ladies. Great instructions from Chelsea, though slightly different in my version of word-fingers crossed I got it right!

If so, here is my kitchen where so much time is spent. My favourite part is the view out of the kitchen window-we've been blessed with a wetland behind and to the side of our house and quite often while washing the dishes I see a pelican, pair of black swans or ducks swimming around. The ducklings will be out shortly, always a nice sight at the beginning of my day.

I'm beginning to realise now what a good size kitchen it is, although as earlier posted, I always wish it was that little bit bigger (especially the pantry which is just a normal cupboard-have started to utalise space in the room under the stairs for all of my builk food buying instead!)

Offline thermie crew

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 11, 2011, 12:49:53 am »
HOORAY  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Carine

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 11, 2011, 12:51:06 am »
Marina, like you I also have a beloved rayburn - nothing fancy (2nd hand) but it fits nicely in our kitchen, heats our water in winter, warms the family room and of course I use it all winter long to cook with!!  It needs a good clean now  :-\
Also have a 15 year old Gas stove (Gas cooktop and oven+ fanforced) which still does the trick.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 01:03:52 am by Carine »