Author Topic: Why did you choose your forum name plus photos of our kitchens  (Read 507180 times)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Re: Why did you choose your forum name
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2011, 05:41:43 am »
oh denzelmum that is devastating..so very sad.  I can handle alot of things but the death of a child is not one of them like most parents I imagine...i worry about my kids all the time (bit of a mother hen) and dont know what I would do or how I would cope if I lost a child..thinking of you and how brave you must be/have been...your children in the pizza photo look adorable btw!

robyn love the kitchen and that granite top?? lots of working space...you see thats impossible here oh how i miss open spaces lol  JD I am in great need of cupboard space but soon enough...yes it is very country style but the lady who built the houses liked little figurines and hanging baskets so right up that taste alley (not at all mine)...however i love the floor tile which is right through the main part of the house..thankfuly lol!

Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2011, 05:44:43 am »
Denzelmum you are the shining reason for the saying
"Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are until you put them in hot water"
My heart breaks for your tragic loss and you inspire me to out my own problems into perspective.  :-* :-*
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2011, 06:07:45 am »
Havent had time to read through this thread, but read yours Denzelmum.

I am truly saddened by your message, my heart goes out to you, you are so brave and naturally want to honour your beloved son. A great way to do so.

Gigantic hugs, please tell us about your other precious children.

Children light up our lives and its so lovely that Denzels little light goes on everytime you use your forum name.

Hally
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2011, 06:17:22 am »
Perhaps ask MM to do it for you Cookie.  I'm sure we can't do it.  I think Brazen has done it before with other topics in the past though.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline SoBlessed

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 04, 2011, 06:40:41 am »
I feel so blessed to be the mother of 6 beautiful children, to be teaching full time now (as the children are older) & to be living where I live(in SA)  :)

Offline Lellyj

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 04, 2011, 06:57:14 am »
So sorry to hear your sad story Denzelmum.  Your name is one I look out for as I'm always looking for vegetarian recipes, so I'm glad I know the special significance of your forum name.  It was lovely to see the pizza photo, too.
Teacher and Mum in Phillip Island, Victoria

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2011, 06:57:52 am »
I am 1 of 8 children, it was and still is so much fun.i am the youngest of 5 sisters  ;D

i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline virgo9

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2011, 07:08:16 am »
Denzelmum, I was saddened to read about your baby. It must be extremely hard having to go through the loss of a child. I am glad that baby no.3 is in the clear.

I chose my name because my birthday is on Sep 9 - star sign is Virgo. All my children share 9s with me in their birthdays too. DD 19/10, DS1 9/12 and DS 9/9 (my birthday pressie two years ago!).

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2011, 10:20:45 am »
I have loved reading this thread and finding out the stories behind your forum names!  I was very unoriginal and used my real name and  the initial of my last name.  I can rarely think of anything clever when put of the spot for a username.

Denzelmum, I had tears in my eyes when I read your story.  My brother and his wife lost their first born son one day after birth 8 years ago now, and we still think of him and speak of him often.  What a lovely reminder of your precious little baby.

Here are a couple of photos of our makeshift kitchen that we are using while we build the new kitchen - this room will eventually be a spare bedroom/music room, but for now it is the home of TMX!  My biggest problem with it is that it has no sink or running water - for that we have to walk around to the laundry  :(    Never mind, our new kitchen should be ready for use in Feb or March!

Karen in Adelaide

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 04, 2011, 10:23:12 am »
Judy I have pm'ed MM for help.

Love the kitchen photos. Will get one of mine up soon.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 04, 2011, 10:28:01 am »
Loving the kitchen pictures everyone. ;D

I was deeply touched by the reason behind your name Denzelmun,had to wipe way a tear after reading your post.But how wonderful that DS3 is an active little boy.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2011, 10:46:06 am »
My Forum name was going to be just my name, but Megan was already taken, so I added my middle name. Pretty basic.
Normally I'm Skinflint on forums, but I joined this forum in 2004, well before Skinflint (my business name) had come about.

Here's my kitchen. The thing covered with a cloth is my Skinflint utensils ready to be washed. The cakes are Maddy's Coconut Cupcakes.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2011, 11:01:58 am »

Nice clean and airy kitchen MJ

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #118 on: October 04, 2011, 11:46:21 am »
You should have seen it before we did the reno's in 2005! Dark, dingy and tiny 1960's style. You can see in the second pic that my dishwasher and microwave are in the laundry.

By the way, I forgot to add how sad I was to hear of denzelmum's loss.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2011, 11:51:41 am »
We turned 2 bedrooms into the kitchen i have now