Author Topic: Shopping in the USA  (Read 15681 times)

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
Re: Shopping in the USA
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2011, 02:18:23 am »
Nope only travelling economy, great luggage allowances.....maybe thats just qantas, we were lucky to buy really really really  cheap tickets back in january, have been having a great time a week to go today, am currently inn Colorado Springs and will be cycling down Pikes Peak tomorrow !

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2011, 07:47:55 am »
Nope only travelling economy, great luggage allowances.....maybe thats just qantas, we were lucky to buy really really really  cheap tickets back in january, have been having a great time a week to go today, am currently inn Colorado Springs and will be cycling down Pikes Peak tomorrow !

how do you get to 200kgs...tahts not possible..the most any airline gives you is 30kgs each plus 7 to 10 kgs hand luggage so add that up and its still no where near 200????? Something we dont know???
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline ~*sara*~

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2011, 10:25:24 am »
Frozzie, unless luggage requirements have changed economy gets 2 x 23kg bags for AUS/US travel.  It used to be 2 x 32kg bags!  I think the baggage allowance between Australia and the US is one of the more generous.   :)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2011, 10:46:37 am »
i said MOST you will get is 30kgs (that is with emirates) not sure about direction US but your right most are 20-23 and it seems to be going down every year!!...and unless you have some special deal its only one time 23 or there abouts never two lots of weight!???  Maybe US is different that is one destination I havent been to yet!  The reason I flew emirates back to oz last trip was because they had by far the most baggage allowance...did not like the airline or airport at all however so doubt i will be flyig them again...dont like qantas at all, korean, air france, british airways etc etc...in general prefer the big asian airlines, however they are not the cheapest  :)

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2011, 02:28:04 pm »
Yep 2 x 23 kg + 7kg hand luggage and there are 4 of us, we came over with suitcases inside suitcases and about 40kg between the 4 of us, so lots of room for stuff to take back  ;D Fortunately my kids are teenage boys and bigger/stronger than me so lots of carrying power too!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2011, 05:29:13 pm »
damn two lots of 23kgs per person jplus the standard handluggage...53kgs per person ...heaven...we are planning to go to hawaii next year at soome stage so hopefully we can get that kind of baggage...;lucky you as usually that kind of allowance is only allowed for business or first class passangers...never eco...must be the US alone because I have never had that kind of allowance wherever we have travelled ..  :)

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2011, 08:39:52 pm »
We fly Air Asia, they are a budget airline and we buy premium tickets this way we get the room benefits of business class without the expense. My DH is 6 ft 7,I am 5"8 so enjoy the space on long haul flights. Everything including baggage allowance is extra. Haven't found much to buy this time although the homeware shops (Lakeland for eg in UK very tempting). it would be nice to have a 50 kilo allowance though.
Denise

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2011, 08:50:03 pm »
We fly Air Asia, they are a budget airline and we buy premium tickets this way we get the room benefits of business class without the expense. My DH is 6 ft 7,I am 5"8 so enjoy the space on long haul flights. Everything including baggage allowance is extra. Haven't found much to buy this time although the homeware shops (Lakeland for eg in UK very tempting). it would be nice to have a 50 kilo allowance though.
Did you get your parchment cake tin  liners at Lakeland Denise ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2011, 06:17:16 am »

we would go broke as i always have lots of baggage...most times im well and truly over and i use pretty much everyone elses as well...last time sent two large bags bag via the post and a medium suitcase via courier at the airport on top of all our other baggage...and we were at teh max lol  I can travel lightish to a destination but always come back with lots and lots of shopping!! For me business is not just the space but also the service and everything else included...they basically have a restaurant menu and you can have things whenever you want them, they are alot more helpful and nothing is a bother etc etc plus the space and comfort and most being able to lie back like in a recliner...and the list goes on!!  Well it is with Singapore airlines because thats the only international airline i have flown business class with.. :)

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2011, 06:53:57 am »

[/quote]
[/quote]
Yes CC, and a nice thin spatula I hope will be good for TMX and a jelly bag for ricotta making and and and !
Denise

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2011, 07:23:50 am »
We fly emirates because of the baggage allowance.  They are fantastic when you are flying to Africa with aid and often provide an aid allowance with no extra charge. I wish other airlines were so generous. We pay huge amounts to get our aid across the Bass Strait to the international airport.  >:(

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2011, 10:16:12 am »
my opinion was more related to comfort..i didnt like the aircraft even they were the new 780 or whatever its called (theres that memory again lol), the staff werent that great either, the airport was horrible (not much there although paris is much worse ) and the worst i found was the having to travel 15mins standing up on a bus with a heap of handluggage and young kids...my father only has one leg so cant imagine people like him or those with disabiities being ok with that either...the only pro in my opinon is hte baggage allowance which is yes generous compared to other airlines..but again thats my opinion  :)

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2011, 10:42:35 am »
business class baggage allowance with virgin, to bali is 90kg
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2011, 11:13:26 am »
Wow that is amazing!!!  :o

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2011, 02:10:11 pm »

[/quote]
Yes CC, and a nice thin spatula I hope will be good for TMX and a jelly bag for ricotta making and and and !
[/quote]
I'm glad to hear that you found what you wanted and a whole lot more ;) ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.