Author Topic: Oeufs Brouillés (Scrambled Eggs)  (Read 7696 times)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Oeufs Brouillés (Scrambled Eggs)
« on: August 11, 2011, 12:13:43 pm »
Name of Recipe:  Oeufs Brouillés (Scrambled Eggs)

Number of People: Depends on how hungry you are I guess??

Ingredients:

Total Time 12 mins

6 eggs
30g sour cream
1 teaspoon of finely chopped chives (for other ingredients i would perhaps cook them prior in the bowl like mushrooms, onion etc but cheese or spices obviously just add all in)
1 tsp of salt (level)

Preparation:

Put all the ingredients in the bowl and program 12 mins, 100 degrees, speed 2 leaving the mc off.
Check the eggs to see if they are cooked (which will depend on the size of eggs used and the starting temp etc) et reprogram a few minutes in necessary.
Take the bowl off the base and mix the eggs well with the spatula and pour onto plates or a serving plate.
Sprinkle with some chives.

Some other choices:

Salmon - 2 slices of salmon cut in small pieces but cut back on the salt in the recipe.
Asparagus - use a dozen or so heads of asparagus cooked then cut in fine slices
Tomato - 1 and a half mc full of seeded and finely chopped tomatoes
Truffles (for something extravagant) - add some fine slices or shavings.
Safran - put a small amount of safran powder at hte beginning of cooking and at around 5 mins from the end of the cooking time add a few threads of safran that have been marinating in a half teaspoon of oil for 15 mins.

Photos:

Tips/Hints:

This is a recipe in the A Table cookbook in France pg 45.

Thermomix Tip - You can make aumonieres (small parcels..sorry dont know the name in english but I will attach a photo below) with a piece of smoked salmon, put a large teaspoon full of scrambled eggs in the center and tie up the smoked salmon in a parcel with a piece of chives.
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
Re: Oeufs Brouillés (Scrambled Eggs)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 12:18:10 pm »
That's a great recipe Frozzie. Something the everyone can tweak to suit themselves. I don't mind scrambled eggs but they don't really excite me that much. The aumonieres are another story all together though. I can't get enough recipes that use smoked salmon as I absolutely love the stuff. Thanks for posting, I'll put it on the list to try.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 01:03:37 pm »
Frozzie,they look wonderful . Have you made scrambled eggs,does it tend to stick on the bottom of the bowl?
Denise

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 01:50:47 pm »
yes ive made them..i added last time some curry powder and parsley then grated some parmesan cheese on top

also it does leave a film on the bottom of the bowl..just ,need to soak a little then use a brush or non abrasive cloth etc and I have found that you need to cook longer than the recipe states...after the twelve minutes i just stop and stir with the spatula then restart another couple of minutes restir etc until i get it hte way i want...usually another 5 mins or so...also would say it would feed two or three on toast but no more (more two than three in my opinion) but if you did the aumonieres for example or for some kind of starter then it would do quite a few!

Offline Carine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 02:47:27 pm »
Thermomix Tip - You can make aumonieres (small parcels..sorry dont know the name in english but I will attach a photo below)

Frozzie, an aumoniere is a small purse in English- old fashion term- religious connection? (aumone?)

Twitterpatted, smoked salmon is great for wrapping so many things:  pate, mousse...  I agree with you:  can't get enough of it!
Franco-Australian living in Tamworth (NSW, Australia)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 03:36:26 pm »
thanks carine...people often ask me here what things are called in english and quite often I have no idea lol...especially for cooking as most of my adult life I have lived over here and in my early 20s I wasnt into cooking heaps..liked to cook just didnt bother much for myself and was out more than in.. :P add to that the fact that I speak french day in day out except on this forum (well type lol) and my family and a friend or two now and then back in oz and after so many years I tend to 'forget' some english words...its there just often well stored in the back of my brain lol...even had to ask dad what des abats was the other week...once he told me the light finally came on haha

and I have never eaten so much smoked salmon since living over here...certainly is popular menu item lol along with fois gras but then again the french are the leading world consumers of fois gras!!..i do enjoy it though (both)...even had it last night out at a restaurant with a girlfirend for my entree...was a parmesan pastry biscuit with sesame seeds, with a green olive tapenade on top then some salade (sorry lettuce) heaped in a small mound/pile then covered in a sheet of smoked salmon with dressing decoratively drizzled all around the plate and some kind of green bean (small not long ones...and not flagolet but something fatter..)was quite nice...oh and had a very interesting cocktail maison...it was champagne with some barbe à papa sirop...yes it exists and I have seen it often inthe shops in the gourmet sirops (which i imagine is fairy floss cordial translated???) and a shot of gin...very different ingredients but was quite nice!!

Offline Carine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 12:44:54 am »
Well an aumoniere means a small purse, but I'm not really sure how that would translate in cooking terms...  Chinese restaurants have "money bags" - filling encased in pastry and deep fried.  Guess it's just called a parcel in English???

Yep:  I have plenty of blank moments too when thinking in both languages  :D  Quite often leads to an interesting translation and puzzled/ amused faces from my interlocutors!  I've been in OZ for 16 years now and I still have a few franglais expressions.  One of my girl-friends always teases me when I call her to take some news (prendre des nouvelles)... oh well, makes life more interesting!

Saumon & tapenade on parmesan biscuit sounds delicious.  Maybe the beans you had were broad beans - feve? (accent grave sur le 1er e)
Barbe à papa sirop would be pretty sweet, non? Sure it was good with champ & gin ;D  Here I really like having a rosella flower in my bubbly glass- so pretty when it opens and delicious with a dry bubbly!
Franco-Australian living in Tamworth (NSW, Australia)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 07:18:32 am »
ah money bags i remember for the chinese  :)  yes i have many a franglais moment also but like you say makes life more interesting and I call it just being exotic lol

you know it wasnt sweet at all but i think they only put a tiny amount in...it was surprisingly good...couldnt figure out what was in it and no wonder as I have never had that sirop before (not something i would buy!) but when he told me I thought oh hrrmmm but it was still quite nice so I guess in some cases anything goes!

yes feves thankyou  :)