Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4570807 times)

Offline Emme

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #11610 on: February 24, 2014, 09:01:38 pm »

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11611 on: February 24, 2014, 09:45:26 pm »
You bet Emme. I say embrace the grey and save yourself a bucket load of money and angst.  ;D ;D ;D

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #11612 on: February 24, 2014, 11:37:16 pm »
Nothing wrong with grey hair. Its much easier for a blonde to go grey gracefully as the transistion is not so noticeable. I had my grey hair half grown out when I had some event (probably my 50th) that I really had to cover up the half and half otherwise I would be forever haunted by the bad hair photo's. Just haven't found it easy after that to grow it out. For some reason the decision to grow it out affected other people more than it affected me. I wish I could grow it out to a point and then just get my hair cut into a short style, but I don't think a short hairstyle would suit me   :-))
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #11613 on: February 25, 2014, 12:02:13 am »
More first world problems eh CP?

I  am lucky with short hair and my hair was sort of light brown .......I think .

My mother had black hair and I can see a problem there letting it grow out. You would have to goi to hiding for about a year I think.

Nothing worse  to see than that unintentional two tone hair. ;D

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11614 on: February 25, 2014, 12:04:04 am »
You never know until you try a short haircut CP and the best part is that it will grow back to the length you prefer in no time.  You are right though, it is far easier with light hair.

I've only ever had streaks as I am not one to go to the hairdresser every 6 weeks for root touch ups or hair trims.  Hairdressers would go out of business if they depended on me being one of their regulars. When my hair gets too hard to manage is the time I see my hairdresser.  After my last streaks the husband of one of my friends asked if I'd had a grey rinse put through my hair so I decided to go grey gracefully as my own hair hasn't as much grey in it as what the treatment gave me. Who would pay to go grey when nature will take it's course free of charge  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #11615 on: February 25, 2014, 01:02:10 am »
I'm letting the greys come in for now (luckily only a few at this stage).  I can't part my hair in one particular part as it's really noticeable, but otherwise leaving it be.  I know I'd not keep the colour up often enough.  I had highlights done many years ago and loved the look, but was too lazy and cheap to keep it going. 

I just bought 2 photo albums to try and sort out the stacks of photos I have stuffed in a drawer :)
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11616 on: February 25, 2014, 01:05:30 am »
I'm a bits and pieces grey. My fringe is completely grey but the rest is still dark. I used to have it coloured but then a friend paid to have her fringe coloured grey and I thought what the heck.
Neither of my parents went grey ( apart from Dads front) so I don't know if I have much chance. I was surprised at the school re union I went to, some were grey and coloured it, one was beautifully grey, but everyone except one had quite short hair.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #11617 on: March 04, 2014, 07:56:57 am »
Bought an oil mister for $6.95 today. Just tested it with water...and it's working fine :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11618 on: March 04, 2014, 07:58:47 am »
Well done BZB.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #11619 on: March 04, 2014, 08:30:06 am »
Great BZB.

Well your all very naughty, I have paid $385 for the airfryer at HN. Pick up tomorrow :) still not sure if I need it, but will be cooking dinner it in tomorrow night :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #11620 on: March 04, 2014, 08:43:41 am »
That's great Hally, you'll love it.

BZB I like the mister

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #11621 on: March 04, 2014, 10:17:06 am »
Congratulations Hally. I'm loving the food photos from the air fryer thread, but I'm still resisting, hope you enjoy your new toy.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11622 on: March 04, 2014, 10:22:46 am »
Nice to see you have succumbed Hally, you will love it like the rest of us.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11623 on: March 04, 2014, 10:32:13 am »
I popped into Target on my way home and picked up a 20cm square baking tin, together with a trivet it fits perfectly on the botton of the AF.
I got a fryer basket with my 5 in 1, i put a handful of spinach leaves in the basket and the the fryer basket upside down on top. This is how i will try kale chips, crispy within a ouple of minutes. I would post a photo however tapatalk isnt working for me.
Denise

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #11624 on: March 04, 2014, 10:35:27 am »
Stop it right now. I do not need an AF. I do not need an AF. I do not  need........

Gert