Author Topic: Morrocan Party Ideas?  (Read 4677 times)

Offline Sonan

• View Profile
Morrocan Party Ideas?
« on: March 26, 2011, 01:33:20 am »
I am thinking about having a moroccan themed party for my husbands 40th this year, just for something different. Does anyone have any ideas for catering?

There would be 30-40 people and I would try to do all the catering myself. I want it to be reasonably easy as I don't want to spend the entire night in the kitchen, so I would try to cook some in advance and freeze or do some the day leading up to.  Setting up and decorating the garden will also take a lot of time on the day!

I am thinking some dips and dukkah to start. Then a lamb dish and a chicken dish with couscous and a couple of salads. Then maybe a couple of different desserts, finished off with some turkish delight (can you make this in the thermy?)

Check out my Facebook Group, Healthy Cooking for Australian Families.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=90888828646

Offline hopefulcook

• View Profile
Re: Morrocan Party Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 04:52:38 am »
Morroccan lamb from meat on the menu is great, you could make 2 or 3 in a row and reheat later.
I normally make cous cous in the thermo server (following a Women's Weekly recipe).
I also make a side dish of beans with tomato/walnut sauce if you are interested. You could do some felafel and kofta, I'm not sure these are morroccan or not but they are tasty!! Good luck!!

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 07:16:16 am »
morrocan chicken and pumpkin salad from the varoma demo and morrocan carrot salad from the vegetarian cookbook.

Offline cottchick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 07:22:02 am »
Great idea Sonan! I like having three dips in soup sized bowls on a platter with loads of torn or cut turkish bread.

Its all such gorgeous coloured food, it will be a big hit I am sure.

Happy Birthday to your husband, 40ths are the best fun.

Offline AmandaN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 07:26:12 am »
I'll second moroccan carrot salad.  Quick, easy and you could even make it a day ahead.

Offline Sonan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 07:34:30 am »
thanks guys ! yes, I did see that carrot recipe as I bought the vego cookbook the other day - sounds like a winner and I might to the beetroot and apple salad (just because I love it and it's a great colour - I usually leave out the carrot and use lime juice..yum)

was worried the Morrocan Beef would be too time consuming doing lots of batches - maybe I can do some prep work in the thermy and finish it all off in a huge batch in the oven?

am yet to have my varoma demo (naughty me!) so I will have to check out that salad recipe !

I am also trying to keep in mind that a lot of the people coming are burly blokes that like meat, meat and more meat and maybe a bit of potato bake !! eeek !! is it wrong to cater to my tastes and not the crowd??? probably, but it is soooo boring having the same old bbq food !!
Check out my Facebook Group, Healthy Cooking for Australian Families.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=90888828646

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 08:13:14 am »
Here's Thermomixers recipe for Moroccan Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Stew Sonan.

Or there is his Chickpea & Pumpkin recipe.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 08:16:38 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.