Author Topic: A very happy new Thermomixer owner  (Read 6849 times)

Offline happybrig

• View Profile
A very happy new Thermomixer owner
« on: February 08, 2011, 09:47:41 am »
 I'm 40 yrs young and love to cook healthy organic meals/snacks for my 3 beautiful children and ofcourse hubby. I am against all of these preservatives/colourings/flavourings used in our foods and just about everything else. Would love to make a difference by showing what my Thermomix can do to as many of my friends and family. My hobbies are cooking and spending as much time with my family. They seem to grow up so fast.....

I was like a child with a new toy when my Thermomix arrived 2 wks ago.  It is absolutely amazing as all of you would know.  I LOVE IT!!!  And I think my kids love it as much as me.  It has been going non-stop since I got it.   

This is a great site to see what everyone's tips and recipes are.  Great work  :-)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: A very happy new Thermomixer owner
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 09:57:07 am »
Welcome happybrig. I think we would all agree with you about the TMX. I can remember being very excited when I got mine over 2 years ago. I still use it multiple times a day.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 10:16:43 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum happybrig.It's lovely to hear that you are loving your new TM.Have fun cooking all the wonderful recipes that you will find here on the forum. :)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 10:34:45 am by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 10:20:10 am »
Welcome and glad you are loving your TMX.
My kids also love it and dd3 cried when we were away and I hadn't taken it with us, lol (would have though bacon and eggs on the bbq would be better than porridge in the tmx, lol).

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 10:33:21 am »
Hello happybrig, welcome to the forum.  Glad to see you are getting straight into it and loving it as much as the rest of us.

Zan, the TMX is obviously such a big family member your DD3 hated leaving it at home - a lovely reaction from one so young.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline happybrig

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 10:49:46 am »
Thank you everyone.  I'm sure I will convert some of my old recipes and post them too.

So many recipes to try out, where do I start????

Happy cooking everyone.

Cheers,
Brigitta 

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 09:23:38 pm »
Hi and welcome

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 03:25:35 am »
My kids also love it and dd3 cried when we were away and I hadn't taken it with us

...another future forum member!

Welcome HB- this is something that the novelty will not wear off from as we all love eating tasty, easily prepared food. We hope you find this forum helpful and inspiring. We also look forward to trying out any converted recipes once you settle in  :) Here are some helpful hints when first starting out.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline happybrig

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 04:49:27 am »
 ;D ;D  thank you Creampuff63.  That is great information

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 08:05:36 am »
welcome hp...as creampuff said the novelty certainly doesnt wear off...like everyone here love the thx..its been a great addition to our family and everyone loves what it produces lol!  I often get friends asking 'so are you still using the thx?' and they are generally shocked when I reply yep every day!!  I have bought things in the past, i admit not as expensive haha but still and have used them once or twice then they gather dust but not thermie..anyway hp i hope you enjoy your thermomix as much as the rest of us and i look forward to seeing your conversions when you get around to it (after almost 8 mths i still havent taken that leap, welll not totallly..been too busy cooking off the forum and cookbooks to bother)!  :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 08:09:12 am by Frozzie »
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 01:50:33 pm »
Frozzie I have one particular girl friend who would dearly love to buy a TM but her husband says no because he thinks they are too expensive. Without fail, she wants to know if I am still using the TM and as much as I used to. Yes I do - I would be lost without it. I think she is surprised that the novelty hasn't worn off like a lot of things we buy, and regrets that she is unable to buy one. (This is the same person who buys really expensive sunglasses, and jewellery for herself but her husband doesn't notice and doesn't worry about because he has no idea of the price - but he would notice the TM in the kitchen and knows how much it costs  :-)))
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 01:59:02 pm »
creampuff i have a friend exactly the same although not hte expensive jewellery and sunglasses etc but she lovesz to cook and really wants one but her hubby says no way lol so she just said to me she is saving up and will buy it herself and he will be cross for a bit but will get over it!! i was lucky in that my hubby knew what it did and loves my cooking and knew it would allow me to make so much more stuff that he almost pushed me to buy it lol!  Its always the price that blocks people though especially firends who dont cook..they think its only a machine for good cooks or professionals..how wrong they are..and i keep tellihg htem but I think they just cant get past the price!!   :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 11:35:59 pm »
when people still ask me (lol even with being a consultant I do still get asked  :D) I tell them that the more you use it the more you end up using it as you find more and more that you do in it.  :) They are still surprised that it is used all day and everyday from first thing in the morning to last thing at night - literally! Juice first thing and so it goes for the day until it finished cooking the yoghurt to set over night  :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 08:41:11 am »
I certainly agree Kathryn. The longer I have my TMX the more things I do with it. Even if an entire recipe isn't cooked with it I still use it for all the bits that contribute to the recipe.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline salval

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 09:48:26 am »
Hi happybrig.. another fan!! And how could anyone not love it! It's great isn't it. The best thing I have ever bought. Seriously.

I hope you enjoy the forum & get some good tips.

ps.. I am sure most people I know think the novelty will wear off for me. I hated cooking previously; no confidence whatsoever; total chore. But now, I absolutely love being in the kitchen & crazily still get a big kick out of the things I prepare. I'm embarrassed to admit, but I'm still taking photos of a lot of the stuff (after 4 months), to send to my Mum & also just because I feel a bit chuffed.
Mum of 3 (2 x 2-legged & 1 x 4-legged)
TMX Consultant in Newport, Melbourne