Author Topic: New to forum  (Read 4762 times)

Offline ruth

• View Profile
New to forum
« on: May 03, 2010, 03:05:11 pm »
Hi everyone

I have had my TM for 5 months now but I only just worked how easy it was to join the forum.

I live in Perth, Australia, and I have a 3 year old and a 8 month old and I am loving the thermomix. I am interested in organic food and wholefood cooking, and trying to do that without spending forever in the kitchen.

I find that I still spend just as much time in the kitchen as before but I am making a lot more, and more from scratch.  I was amazed that I could make my own ice-cream, jam, mayo etc with a young baby, especially as I am pretty slow in the kitchen and have never made those things before. 

My momentum has slowed a bit on these 'extras' so hopefully the forum will inspire me again (although my slowing down is perhaps more due to the 8 month old learning to crawl and constantly getting up to mischief in the kitchen - at least he has stopped crying every time I turn the TM on).

I have some questions on yoghurt and juicing which I will ask you more experienced users once I get settled in.

Look forward to chatting with you all
Ruth

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: New to forum
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 03:24:53 pm »
Hi Ruth and welcome! I remember when I first got my TMX, I made loads of things from scratch, so much so that I burned myself out and stopped making very much at all.

After a while I came back to it and am now not using any bought biscuits, bread, mayo, salad dressing, yoghurt, jams, pickles, seasoning mixes, packet soups, ready made pasta sauces etc.

So, give it some time and just make what you can and don't stress about it. This forum is definitely inspirational!!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 03:31:10 pm »
Welcome Ruth. So glad you joined the forum. You will find plenty of inspiration here and many extremely knowledgeable people to help with any questions.
Keep a lookout on this forum for a Perth get together - there was one a few weeks ago but there will be more soonish- hope to see you there
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 11:44:18 pm »
Hi Ruth, welcome to the forum.  Burnout in the kitchen is quite common but as the girls have said, you will come back to it.  This forum has a way of inspiring us to try all sorts of things but with a young baby, we all understand your time is limited.  So glad to hear bub has stopped crying when you turn the TMX on  :D :D  My DH hates noise so I am very surprised mine has survived this long without being banished to the shed when being used but I do have to warn him when I am about to blitz things and generally shut the kitchen doors to reduce the impact.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 02:19:18 am »
Welcome Ruth,  I have had my TMX a little longer than you,  but without the' bub 'factor.   We want to try everything when we first get it.  Soon you will settle down and use it for the things that will make life easier.  Have fun with all your babies ;D ;D

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 02:30:29 am »
Welcome to the forum Ruth.

Offline ruth

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 04:46:52 pm »
Thanks for your comments  :)
Ruth

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 11:41:47 pm »
Welcome - hope we can help get your mojo back.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 12:05:01 pm »
Welcome Ruth,  any questions you have just ask as some will know the answer.  :)

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 01:49:18 pm »
Hi Ruth, welcome to the forum!  I think you'll find plenty of yummy recipes to inspire you here!  Have fun  ;D
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 09:40:04 am »
Welcome Ruth and all the other new folks on the forum. I hope we continue to hear from you.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/