Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9121741 times)

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #3135 on: May 03, 2010, 08:00:34 am »
chicken & vege sausage rolls (here)
rough puff pastry (edc)
varoma bread (here)
choc hazelnut spread (here)
yoghurt (here/blog video thingy)
boiled eggs

sleeeeeeeeeep!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3136 on: May 03, 2010, 01:17:15 pm »
Spent most of the day in the garden,  however amazing what can be fitted in ;D ;D ;D.   I made Citrus Jam while I cooked fish and chips for tea.  Made a loaf of sour dough whole wheat bread, (not sure about this,  may be a bit solid).  Packaged up dried apple slices.   Will post the recipe.  Made pea and ham soup in the crock pot.  Think I like the flavor and texture better than the TMX made one.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: May 04, 2010, 05:19:56 am »
Well it's about lunch time - my second bowl arrived today which is very exciting.

Breakfast - banana pancakes
Baking - wholemeal banana bread (nourishing traditions recipe - delicious)
Yoghurt is cooling in Bowl A and Chickpea Soup with Spinach is cooking in Bowl B - so I'm making the most of two bowls already.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #3138 on: May 04, 2010, 07:46:03 am »
Last night had Varoma Steak - delicious! Today not much as have to make products in my workshop. Will make sauce for Chicken Casserole later tonight.
Cathy, I chose not to get the second bowl as I didn't think I'd use it enough. But after reading your post, I'm having second thoughts!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: May 04, 2010, 08:57:54 am »
Doh! Sooo wish I had a 2nd bowl!!  :P

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: May 04, 2010, 09:47:40 am »
I'm quite excited about it the more I think about it.  As we're having to seriously switch to wholemeal flour as much as possible, I'll be delving into soaking flours overnight as it makes a huge difference to the final texture.

So I'll be able to mix and soak my flour and liquid, set aside, and cook other things.  The timing of this bonus deal will be a big help in this extra requirement in our cooking.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: May 04, 2010, 10:19:32 am »
I just could not live without my 2nd bowl now. I know we sprout that it isn't necessary and it isn't - but man oh man the things you do when you have it  ;D ;D ;D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: May 04, 2010, 10:38:02 am »
With your "tribe", I don't know how you'd be without.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3143 on: May 04, 2010, 11:53:00 am »
Visitors tomorrow,  so today, Isi's rolls with a drop of walnut oil,  and my roast vegie loaf with full mix of fruit.  Tomorrow will make EDC pancakes and fill them with Granny Smith and lemon Curd,  also cheese sauce for the cauliflower.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #3144 on: May 04, 2010, 12:46:34 pm »
I'm quite excited about it the more I think about it.  As we're having to seriously switch to wholemeal flour as much as possible, I'll be delving into soaking flours overnight as it makes a huge difference to the final texture.

So I'll be able to mix and soak my flour and liquid, set aside, and cook other things.  The timing of this bonus deal will be a big help in this extra requirement in our cooking.

You lucky ducky!!!  I would love a second bowl, but may have to wait until I head back to work.  It will be so helpful for your grain and flour soaking. I hope it all goes well and you notice a difference in your DD soon. :)

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: May 04, 2010, 12:56:23 pm »
Would like to hear more about your flour soaking. Keep us up with it please.  :)
Visitors tomorrow,  so today, Isi's rolls with a drop of walnut oil,  and my roast vegie loaf with full mix of fruit.  Tomorrow will make EDC pancakes and fill them with Granny Smith and lemon Curd,  also cheese sauce for the cauliflower.
Wow!  :o roast vegie loaf with full mix of fruit Lookin for that recipe now - is it on here?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: May 04, 2010, 01:00:49 pm »
Here it is  Nay-nay, only posted the other day.

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=3533.0
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3147 on: May 04, 2010, 01:20:02 pm »
Thanks JD,  I'm in the middle of making the Roast vegie Bread into a loaf.  It isn't as easy to manage as the rolls as the vegie mix makes  the dough soft.  I tried to cook a high loaf and it rose beautifully but was probably not cooked enough in 30 mins,  probably need ed 40 mins in the tin.Then 20 mins on its side in the oven.  looks good and smells nice.  I tell you tomorrow how ittoasts for breakfast.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3148 on: May 04, 2010, 01:36:46 pm »
Couldn't wait until the morning.  Cut a slice and with help, ( DH ,) ate it.  Good flavor and good texture ,  but definitely needs longer cooking.  I will attempt to amend the original recipe.  It needs 45 mins. in tin and 35 out of tin.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: May 04, 2010, 02:21:27 pm »
It wouldn't get too brown with those extended times Chookie?  How do you stop it browning too much?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.