Author Topic: Chelsea's Honey Baked Pumpkin Risotto  (Read 7495 times)

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
Chelsea's Honey Baked Pumpkin Risotto
« on: July 07, 2013, 11:24:19 am »
Ingredients (serves 4)

900g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
2 tbsp organic olive oil
1 tbsp honey (for drizzling)
2cm piece ginger – peeled
1 onion, peeled and quartered
2 celery stalks, washed and quartered
40g organic olive oil
220g arborio rice
160g white wine
600g water
1 tbsp vegie stock concentrate
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to garnish
2 tbsp mascarpone (or softened cream cheese) plus extra to serve
Salt and pepper
Honey (to serve)

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 220°C.

2. Place chopped pumpkin in an even layer on a large baking tray and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, then remove and drizzle with honey, tossing well to coat each piece. Roast for a further 15 minutes until cooked and golden. Start cooking the risotto with the directions below whilst the pumpkin is baking.

3. Add ginger to the TM bowl and grate for 10 seconds on speed 6. Add onion and celery and chop for 3 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.

4. Add oil and sauté for 3 minutes on 100 degrees, reverse speed 1.

5. Add rice and wine and cook for a further minute.

6. Add stock concentrate and water and continue to cook for 16 minutes at 100 degrees, reverse speed 1.

7. Tip risotto into thermoserve and use spatula to stir through lemon juice, pumpkin, parsley, marscapone and salt and pepper. Leave to sit for 10 minutes.

8. Serve with a dollop of mascarpone, a drizzle of honey and extra parsley.

Enjoy!

Suggestions from other forum members.

Flavour of the month- used parmesan instead of mascarpone, use ˝ onion next time and cook for 5 minutes.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:15:29 am by cookie1 »

Offline flavourofthemonth

• View Profile
Re: Chelsea's Honey Baked Pumpkin Risotto
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 11:20:42 am »
I have just picked over a dozen pumpkins from my garden so I came here to search pumpkin recipes. I came across this one and just had to try it. We loved it.

I did not have any Marscarpone so I decided to use Parmesan instead which we really liked.

The only thing I would change next time, and there will be a next time, is that I will use just half an onion. I cooked the onion for 5 minutes instead of the 3 minutes suggested in the recipe and I feel it could have done with even longer. The onion was very prominent in the finished dish.

If you like pumpkin and you like honey, you should enjoy this dish. I hope someone else will try it and share their thoughts on it.