Author Topic: SBS TV Thursday nights (Sydney) great food shows  (Read 61225 times)

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
Re: SBS TV Thursday nights (Sydney) great food shows
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2013, 10:35:12 pm »
Hally you could try catching them on SBSon demand . .

http://www.sbs.com.au/food/videos

The videos are usually available for around 7-14 days . .

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2013, 10:36:37 pm »
Long weekend here, so some time, thank you :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2013, 10:48:45 pm »
Also if you type in Rachel Khoo,  in Google you can find some of the recipes. 
GF you can cook the trout in the Varoma,  in a similar manner. 

Offline goldfish

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2013, 10:50:51 pm »
Thanks Chookie - didn't think of that - thank you!!

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2013, 11:09:58 pm »
Thanks chookie. Just did, some lovely recipes one uses my fav cheese reblochon, which i cant get here n perth, its a wonderful french cheese :)

Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline O4aTimtam

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 31, 2013, 11:37:59 am »
Glad to hear someone else caught Rachael Khoo's program last night.  I haven't seen it before but wow, talk about swoon . . . the Moelleux au chocolat ???  Recipe here.  http://www.parislovespastry.com/2013/01/moelleux-au-chocolate-chocolate-lava.html

I wondered if Bron's Dulce de Leche  [http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=890.0 maybe similar to the salted caramel injected into the middle.

Cheers TimTam
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:40:48 am by O4aTimtam »
Helen from Willetton, Western Australia   |

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2013, 02:14:42 pm »
Nice to hear from you Helen.   ;D

Offline O4aTimtam

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2013, 03:46:29 pm »
Hi Elizabeth  :)   I know it's been a while since I've posted  :-)) but I pop in quite often for a read  ;D
Helen from Willetton, Western Australia   |

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2013, 10:23:18 pm »
Hi Elizabeth  :)   I know it's been a while since I've posted  :-)) but I pop in quite often for a read  ;D
Good,  I often think of the kindness you did in sorting out the 'dogs breakfast' I had created with my KFC recipe.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 01:37:58 am by judydawn »

Offline goldfish

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2013, 08:34:02 am »
Tonight's offerings . . . .

7:30 pm  EST   Shane Delia's Spice Journey

Shane Delia's culinary journey continues as he travels to Beirut where, despite the visible scars of the recent civil war, a vibrant food scene is driving a renaissance in Arabic cuisine.

Shane visits one of the oldest refugee camps in the world to learn a traditional Palestinian dish, explores the Armenian region of the city and of course samples some of Lebanon’s finest falafel.

Shane wraps up his Lebanese experience by using his skills and experiences to create an inspired feast of ‘dude food’.

8:00 pm  EST  The Little Paris Kitchen

This week food writer and cook Rachel Khoo puts her twist on the classic French cassoulet by transforming it into a soup, and bakes a sumptuous yet unusual cake made from pistachio and goat's cheese.

Rachel takes a trip to an award-winning Parisian cheese shop and makes a daybreak visit to Rungis - the world's largest wholesale food market - to produce steak tartare for a group of demanding French butchers.

8:35 pm  EST  The Spice Trip

Nutmeg - Chef Stevie Parle and spice blender Emma Grazette head to the Caribbean island of Grenada and learn that the country's main export, dubbed 'black gold' by locals, is believed to add more than just flavour to food.

Grenadians not only use nutmeg daily in food, it also symbolises national pride, virility and even life itself.

Stevie and Emma also create nutmeg roast chicken with squash and spinach, fiery jerk spiced pork, and buttermilk puddings with honey nutmeg peaches.

Offline goldfish

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2013, 08:33:34 am »
Almost forgot it was Thursday . . .  Not too sure what the problem was, but it took me over 20 minutes to get onto the SBS website tonight . .  but all good now . .Tonight should be very interesting - well, at least for me . . ;D ;D ;D  Love Persian cuisine and guest where Shane is off to tonight . .

7:30 pm EST   Shane Delia's Spice Journey

Shane Delia's culinary journey across the Middle East continues as he travels to Iran, home to one of the world's most influential cooking traditions - Persian cuisine.

From the Arabic and African spice coasts of the Persian Gulf, Shane travels inland to Shiraz, city of pomegranates, walled gardens and Persian haute cuisine.

En route, Shane visits the ancient city of Persepolis, site of the world's oldest surviving menu.

8:00 pm EST  The Little Paris Kitchen

Food writer and cook Rachel Khoo demonstrates her imaginative flair for the cuisine of Paris.

In this episode, Rachel rustles up sticky chicken, coated with a delicate lavender and lemon glaze.

She also displays her pâtisserie skills with a batch of zesty grapefruit and pepper meringue tartlets.

In the style of a true Parisian, Rachel take a trip to the French seaside town of Trouville, where a local fisherman treats her to succulent scallops in a creamy mustard mayonnaise.   

8:35 pm  EST    The Spice Trip

Turkey: Cumin - Chef Stevie Parle and spice blender Emma Grazette head to Turkey to discover the secrets of cumin.

In Istanbul, Stevie and Emma explore Europe's biggest spice market and learn new ways to cook with cumin.

Heading east, the pair join women workers in the cumin harvest and experience the extraordinary hospitality of the local village.

Inspired by the journey, Stevie and Emma cook Turkish pizza, steak with grilled vegetables and cumin yogurt, and a delicious pistachio, rose and black cumin cake.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2013, 11:39:26 pm »
GF,  missed this last night but will certainly have to catch up.  Really enjoy Rachels cooking,  and we are going to Turkey in 2 months time so very interested in the spice markets.   
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 11:42:04 pm by achookwoman »

Offline goldfish

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2013, 11:52:41 pm »
Chookie - don't forget you can see these on SBS ondemand . .

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/about/#/Menu/Programs/Food/Latest

I was really tired last night and unfortunately. although I caught some of it . missed a lot - but I did record all three shows to watch later. 

Offline goldfish

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2013, 09:47:00 am »
Tonight's programs . . (couldn't post earlier . . late home from work . . :-)))

7:30 pm EST    Shane Delia's Spice Journey

Shane Delia's culinary journey across the Middle East continues in Iran as he takes to the silk road to meet nomads that have been keeping ancient methods of bread making alive.

Shane visits the largest saffron farms in the region and crosses a desert to the hottest city in Iran to taste pashmak - the original fairy floss.

8:00 pm EST  The Little Paris Kitchen

In this enticing episode, Rachel Khoo serves the lightest of desserts - îles flottantes - where delicately poached meringues drift on the creamiest vanilla custard.

She samples exquisite Normandy oysters at a stall offering five succulent varieties, then prepares gourmet garnishes with a Parisian chef.

Finally, Rachel visits one of Paris's finest street markets in search of the best possible vegetables.

She is looking for succulent beetroot for her superb lentil and goat's cheese salad.

8:35 pm      The Spice Trip

India: Cinnamon - In the final episode, Stevie Parle and Emma Grazette visit the southern Indian state of Kerala, where many families grow cinnamon trees in their gardens and use the spice with fish, fruit, curries, and as an offering to the Hindu gods.

The pair join a family of cinnamon peelers and track down one of the region's best home cooks, before creating their own menu of braised chicken with preserved lemons, ricotta and cinnamon hotcakes, and a Keralan fish curry.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #134 on: June 20, 2013, 01:18:06 pm »
Another good session. Think Shane did better in his kitchen this time.  Liked the look of Rachel's chicken soup,  and have often made the floating Islands.  Thanks again , GF for the reminder.