Author Topic: Nice girls names...  (Read 35136 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: Nice girls names...
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2013, 03:16:53 am »
 :D :D :D :D That is funny
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Girlpower247

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2013, 03:30:26 am »
You also need to make sure that the middle name doesn't start with a vowel as it can then make words with the initials and the child is called that. Eg Richard Albert Bones could be nicknamed RAB.
Plus think how the christian and surnames sound together....eg
years ago I knew someone called Wayne Kerr....say that together and Im sure you will get my drift

Another funny one.....many years ago my Mum had a netball team mate called Rhoda....all good so far until she got married to
a Mr. Hare.....yup, she then became Rhoda Hare!

Another friend told me her Mum had wanted to call her Robyn...her surname was Conolley....but when her Mum thought about the initials being RC, she thought better of it and called her Carol :)

My nieces daughter has a middle name of Tiana...pronounced Tee arna (I believe it's a Maori name) her first name is Ricci.

Another friend of mine called her daughter Talitha....(pronounced TaIeetha had never heard of that name before nor since

I knew a little girl named Jenelyn,

@Brumington....they are hilarious ROFL

Offline Girlpower247

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2013, 03:38:06 am »
I wonder if that's why my mum called me Amy, maybe she thought I would be really bad at spelling :D
LOL Amy, Im sure she didn't.....but you know even with your name there is more than one way to spell it...my cousin called her daughter the same name, but spelt Aimee....my name can be spelt at least 4 different ways and most people initially spell it one of the other ways :)

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2013, 03:46:46 am »
Brummington ... pass me a cloth please. I did say that name - serveral times I admit, and have just sprayed my screen with a mouthful of chicken and salad roll.  :o
Oh dear....

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2013, 04:05:20 am »
LOL it does sound worse through a mouthful of food :D :D

I wonder if that's why my mum called me Amy, maybe she thought I would be really bad at spelling :D
LOL Amy, Im sure she didn't.....but you know even with your name there is more than one way to spell it...my cousin called her daughter the same name, but spelt Aimee....my name can be spelt at least 4 different ways and most people initially spell it one of the other ways :)

Yeah, I think I've had my name mispelled every possible way, even by family members! I have to explain to people that mine is spelled the easiest way :-))

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2013, 04:12:44 am »
I named my second born daughter Joanne Tracy (neither girls liked their names but are happy with the shortened version of Jo & Sue).
Recently I had to write her middle name and I couldn't remember if I had put an 'e' in it or not.  She couldn't believe it when I asked her how to spell it, I got told 'well you named me that, you should know how to spell it Mum!'.  How often do we write our kids' names in full though once they are adults and fill out their own forms.   :-)) :P
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2013, 04:14:30 am »
Judy!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2013, 04:36:32 am »
I just laughed out loud at these!!!
Know a Richard (who goes by Dick) Cox.... :-\
Also a Penny King (tho she married into it)...who has recently had a daughter and named her Josephine. Fine if no-one shortens it to Jo!  ;D

GP - one of my daughters' middle names is Tiarn ... never heard of it being Moari tho.  :)  Could easily be, all I know is it means fairy princess, a fact she is quite pleased sabout at her whole 6 years of age...!

That is funny Judy!!  :D
:D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2013, 04:57:42 am »
Judy, I ask my kids what year they are born in.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Persistenttiger

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2013, 05:00:46 am »
LOL Jo King.

Judy, that's something I would do.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2013, 05:13:09 am »
I  gave my dd the middle name of Courtney since some people might think her first name was a bit 'exotic' and I did not want her bullied at school. Have never heard the end of it. She hates Courtney and keeps saying, mum what were you thinking???

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2013, 05:57:57 am »
Some kids are never satisfied Courton ;D

My mum and I have the same middle name. Sometimes I ask her why she wasn't more creative :-))

Love the name Jo King, but people would never take you seriously :D :D

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2013, 07:35:25 am »
If I was to have a girl, she would be Elise. My dear grandma is Elsie so a twist of her name.

I also love the names Riley and Isabella or Bella for short.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2013, 08:20:31 am »
 there's a kid in my sons class called  ' sledge hammer '  they are miora
 l had to ask the kid his name myself as l did not believe my son

South West WA AUSTRALIA

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2013, 09:28:00 am »
Surely that is a translation of his name Nazar? ???