Author Topic: Organsing my spare room  (Read 21627 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Organsing my spare room
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2013, 03:37:03 am »
Me neither Hally.  When I have visitors I give up my double bed and sleep on the fold up bed or if that is taken too, I sleep on the lounge - quite happy to do that for the very odd time I have visitors.  Fold out sofa beds are great for visitors but we no longer have one here. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 05:43:09 am »
I am 69 Hally and I would rather sleep on the floor with an air mattress. I have had many sofa beds over the years even the most expensive was crap..

Can't you pull the bunk beds apart and make two singles?

I saw in an apartment a very large chair which made Ito a bed and it was terrific. It was a tailored arm chair like a 1  1/2 sixe but here is something from IKEA
http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/S09874417/

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2013, 05:49:30 am »
Can't you pull the bunk beds apart and make two singles

My goodness Gert, what a great idea, will ask dh as he put them together. He much cheaper that would be.

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2013, 06:01:55 am »
Gert, they loOk fantastic.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2013, 09:37:36 am »
Guest beds here
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search/searchTerms/GUEST+BED.htm

Are a single with one underneath that makes a pair.
Hope this helps.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2013, 06:42:21 am »
Well I am glad I havent rushed any decision.

It is going to be a bedroom with one bed in it. N the mean time, using Gerts idea of pulling the bunk befs apart for my cousins.

It seems that at the start of Term 2, our foster child (loveable rogue) will be living with us & his other carer weekabout.

So have to make it i to a bedroom for him.

Big job to tackle next week.

H :)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2013, 08:36:49 am »
I had a bit of a chuckle at the bookcase with the ladder. Think it must have been designed with dwarves in mind, otherwise I can't see the point of the ladder. Shame they didn't put the bar lower as you could use it for ballet exercises (if you were inclined to do so). Does anyone have spare rooms with the colour co-ordinated bits and bobs like this, where absolutely everything matches and is in its place?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline consumerate

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2013, 09:39:00 am »
Does anyone have spare rooms with the colour co-ordinated bits and bobs like this, where absolutely everything matches and is in its place?

Certainly not I.

We have quite a few visitors and have had a queensize bed in a small spare room. When spare room not in use for guests we have either tipped the bed up on its side to make more floor space or just piled things on top of it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2013, 10:59:18 am »
I think I mentioned before that we really don't have a spare bedroom as such, but can create one should it really be required.

Hally how will your loveable rogue go for schooling, living week about?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2013, 11:24:20 am »
He will stay at his local school, its in Bull Creek so not  far for me. He has just started there & loves it.

:)

*suzanne*

Re: Re: Organsing my spare room
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2013, 11:40:09 am »
I wish we had a spare room we had to build the cabana for dd20 so that the boys had their own rooms not too many 5 bedroom houses around

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2013, 01:30:52 pm »
In our Margaret River  house we have master bedroom with ensuite downstairs, upstairs 1 large bedroom with queen bed, another bedroom with 2 sets of bunk beds and a sitting room with sofa bed. Sofa bed sleeps 2  but I am with Gert not comfortable at all. Ok for 2 small kids but not comfy for adults and this one not a cheapie.. Gert's idea of putting the bunks together is good. We often just pull two mattresses off and  put them together if extra couples are staying. Hally your guests will be happy just having accomodation provided and won't care.
We have 2 king singles in a guest room each with a king single trundle underneath which makes 4 extra king singles or 2 king size beds. Works well for us.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 01:47:01 pm by Mama Fergie »

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2013, 12:21:52 am »
we have a 6 bedroom house Suzanne.

one room we use for a playroom, tv room for kids.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2013, 05:45:36 am »
Does anyone have spare rooms with the colour co-ordinated bits and bobs like this, where absolutely everything matches and is in its place?

Certainly not I.

We have quite a few visitors and have had a queensize bed in a small spare room. When spare room not in use for guests we have either tipped the bed up on its side to make more floor space or just piled things on top of it.

As it is only DH and I these days it is easy to have a spare bedroom nicely set up for visitors. I have enjoy candles and always have fresh flowers, latest magazines in the room when we have company stay. As my step daughter is moving out of the granny flat soon I will be able to get that back to normal which means more fresh flowers, snacks and milk etc in the fridge. Always fluffy towels, Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries and choccies on their pillows at night. I love having friends and family stay (most of the time) and want to them to feel very welcome.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2013, 05:48:46 am »
How lovely Michele.  SD didn't stay too long in the granny flat - wants to spread her wings aye?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.