Author Topic: Moroccan Lamb  (Read 51476 times)

Offline KathD11

• View Profile
Re: Morrocan Lamb
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2012, 11:13:06 am »
I made this for dinner tonight and it was so delicious I had to jump on straight away to say thanks! I was a bit sceptical about the dates as I havent cooked them in a savoury dish before but it really turned out lovely.

Offline himeliann

• View Profile
Re: Morrocan Lamb
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2012, 04:44:24 am »
i tried your dish yesterday evening and it was a great hit with the family  :D :D

thank you for the recipe

Offline sue_purrb

• View Profile
Re: Moroccan Lamb
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2015, 05:02:40 am »
I made this the other night and we really enjoyed it.

I don't think I've ever made anything with Moroccan flavours before, and although I had dates and honey in the pantry I decided not to use them as I wasn't sure if I would like the sweetness.  It was deliciously tangy from the lime juice, and the lamb was surprisingly tender from such a short cooking time.

I served it with steamed broccoli and mashed potato.
Beauty is only fur deep.....

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2015, 12:20:12 am »
Made this last night & served with pearl cous cous.
I doubled everything except the chick peas, and it all fit no problems in the jug.  I also cubed leg roast meat (larger cube) & cooked for  an extra 8 minutes.
I did find it too sweet though, so next time I will cut out the honey.  I think there would be enough sweetness from just the dates.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2015, 11:14:34 am »
Made this tonight and everyone had seconds :o
I served it with quinoa which had a mix of pistachios, red onion,  sultanas, apricots, mint and maroccan seasoning through it.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline ozzie_mum

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2015, 03:25:57 am »
Made this as part of my weekend cook up without the meat and using a whole tin of chick peas (I'll add the meat later in the week)

Son walked passed and asked what smelt so good :) so gave him a spoonful and he loved it.

Has come over very thick - maybe due to not being able to find my MC and a little sweet for my liking. Possibly next time I may add a little chilli.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2015, 07:15:36 pm »
Although this recipe has been on the forum for six years I only tried it tonight.We loved it.I did leave out the honey as I knew this would make it too sweet for my DH's palate.I used cubed  Lamb Steaks for the meat.I also cooked it at 98c during the second period of cooking in my TM5.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.