Author Topic: Friends ......please read.  (Read 7518 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Friends ......please read.
« on: August 30, 2012, 09:37:26 am »
When I tried to get onto the forum at one stage yesterday I couldn't. It reminded me of the bad old times when the forum would go down for a few days.
Thinking of this I was wondering if people were interested in keeping in touch or yelling for a certain recipe if this should ever happen again. I'm sure it won't but in this day of unknown cyberspace who knows.
My idea (if you shoulda accept it) is that you pm me your private email and I make a list of them and share them with Judy. We promise not to annoy you.
I already have private emails for all those on the retreat except for Rainbow.
If you don't wish to participate wew don't mind at all. It is just a thought.

May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Friends ......please read.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 09:41:37 am »
This is a lovely idea Cookie. :-* ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 09:47:35 am »
When I tried to get onto the forum at one stage yesterday I couldn't. It reminded me of the bad old times when the forum would go down for a few days.
Thinking of this I was wondering if people were interested in keeping in touch or yelling for a certain recipe if this should ever happen again. I'm sure it won't but in this day of unknown cyberspace who knows.
My idea (if you shoulda accept it) is that you pm me your private email and I make a list of them and share them with Judy. We promise not to annoy you.
I already have private emails for all those on the retreat except for Rainbow.
If you don't wish to participate wew don't mind at all. It is just a thought.

Oh boy 7000 emails coming your way!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 09:57:37 am »

Oh boy 7000 emails coming your way!

Gert

My thoughts exactly  :D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 10:49:47 am »
Great idea. How would we ever cope if we couldn't keep in contact at all :(
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 10:58:43 am »
Sadly not  all our members are active, so hopefully it will be a lot less than that.
I'm just doing a copy and paste into a word document on the computer, then I will send it to my fellow moderator.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

mcmich

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 11:05:06 am »
If you can pull that off Cookie, it would be wonderful.
Hope it isn't too much for you though.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 11:20:45 am »
What about using the Facebook page when this is down?
I know not everyone is on FB, but it's easy to register and you don't ever have to post anything n your own page or do anything at all. Just like the Forum FB page and post there when this one is down.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 11:41:18 am »
I don't do facebook, and I wont ever. :)

sounds good Cookie
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 01:21:11 pm »
Thanks Cookie, hopefully you will get a list of all those who frequent the forum the most.  The addresses will be in safe hands.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Tenina

• The new publicity shot…
    • View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 01:38:15 pm »
Done!

Interestingly, my site also went down this afternoon, and we are now conducting a forensic tracing of the denial of service attack (which apparently is what it was!) Results will be passed onto federal police as it is an offence.

Did anyone else have issues this afternoon? (with my site??)

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 01:57:05 pm »
Done !

Tenina, it must have been the day for it !

My DH has been getting emails via his hotmail account for the last week from Ebay, Paypal and another US business that are not his.  Then today he got an SMS message to reset his password (which he hadn't requested).  Ebay, Paypal etc have now blocked this somehow.  

He did some kind of search online (now he is a tech head and very astute with knowing to pick a scam). Anyhow he did a search for I think it was hotmail help or the like, and at the top of the search it gave him a 1800 number which he thought was hotmail help !

He called the number, was speaking to the guy and saying how he was getting someone else's emails etc etc, then the guy tells him to put in this code to give them remote access to his computer  "so they could fix his problem".  Alarm bells were ringing for him so he did a search on the code and it came up as a scam !!  He told them in no uncertain terms that it was a scam and he hung up on them !  I will ask my DH but it could of even been, go to this screen, go to that screen, put this number in etc, without actually telling him they were getting remote access. Even more scary !

It's just so very scary that he did a search for something like "Hotmail Help" and the scammers are putting their phone numbers in the search results.  I wonder how many people have fallen for it thinking it was Hotmail !  The scary thing is there are some very vulnerable people out there ! Shocking !

Anyhow BEWARE never give any one you don't know remote access to your computer.  

He's at work tonight but I'll ask him exactly what the search was and what the code was they asked him to put in and post back in the morning !!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 02:38:47 pm by Debbiebillg »

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 02:47:21 pm »
Good work cookie.  No Facebook here and don't want it.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 09:26:41 pm »
Done!

Interestingly, my site also went down this afternoon, and we are now conducting a forensic tracing of the denial of service attack (which apparently is what it was!) Results will be passed onto federal police as it is an offence.

Did anyone else have issues this afternoon? (with my site??)

Tenina the ThermoMixtress I do not believe in coincidence. You are a pretty big target. Unfortunaly hackers  are easy to hire and cause untold damage. Protect your site as best you can..

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 11:51:23 pm »
Done thanks Cookie