Author Topic: Started "My Bimby Fund" today!  (Read 19348 times)

bimbylove

Started "My Bimby Fund" today!
« on: July 29, 2012, 01:44:51 pm »
Hi everyone,

I am a mumma of one busy toddler and a full time postgrad student in Canberra. I fell in love with the Thermomix a two years ago when I was busy researching for a replacement for my food processor. I have never seen a demo myself but know friends, who have one (and rave about this wondrous machine!), have seen it in action and did lots of research (including on this forum).

But then I was expecting and just didn't have the cash for a Thermomix so opted for a standard Kenwood FP instead. I thought I'd never be able to afford one anyway, so I told myself to just get over it and move on (I was quite heartbroken, lol).

But as love goes, I kept thinking 'what if' and would catch myself daydreaming about the Thermomix (true story!). Also would often curse myself for not having invested in one whenever I have to clean the FP after blending solids for my little one, or whenever I am forced to feed my family on processed crap out of time constraint.

This week I was busy reviewing cheaper 'alternatives' to the Thermomix when, suddenly, the lightbulb went on. Why settle for less? I will forever regret not buying the Thermomix and wll end up spending more money if the cheaper machine breaks! Do I really want to take that risk?

So, if everything goes to plan, I'll have sufficient funds by the end of this year. Wish me luck!

PS: I haven't gotten in touch with any consultants here in Canberra, so if you're one, feel free to drop me a message :-)

Offline trudy

• View Profile
Re: Started "My Bimby Fund" today!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 02:25:56 pm »
Goodluck Bimbylove.  The way this year is flying you will have your machine in no time.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 02:29:40 pm »
Great story bimbylove. I wish you well with your savings and welcome you to the forum.  You are right, why settle for second best when you know you will never be happy until you have the TMX sitting on your bench.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 05:06:20 pm »
Good luck, bimbylove.  Welcome to the forum.
A tip:  do your budget to order your Thermomix by the end of November, so it can be delivered in time foryou to get used to it in time for Christmas cooking.
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 05:36:46 pm »
Welcome to the forum bimbylove. Good Luck on your quest to purchase a TM by the end of the year :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 09:08:22 pm »
Welcome to the forum Bimbylove. You will have your TM in no time at all, and will wonder how you coped without it. :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 09:59:00 pm »
hi Bimbylove - and a very warm welcome to the forum!  Good luck with your savings misison!  By any chance have you checked out this thread?    http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=10115.0 

I can imagine how time poor you must be atm - but if you can join in this particular challenge and add what you've saved to your fund it might make it grow more quickly . .. just a thought. :D

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 11:56:03 pm »
Hi Bimbylove, welcome to the forum.  You will not regret purchasing a TMX.  Good luck with your savings. :)
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Deniser

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 12:52:38 am »
Hi Bimbylove.  So true - don't settle for less.  Any time I have wasted my money on a cheaper alternative (to whatever it may be) I have lived to regret it.  Rather keep adding to the savings and you will get there.  In the meantime you will have collected such a large file of "to do" recipes that you won't know where to start.
Good Luck!
You haven't failed at anything until you stop trying.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 01:24:53 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum.
It will be the best $2000 you spend.

Robyn :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

bimbylove

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 01:40:54 am »
Thank you for the warm welcome and the encouragement!

@cecilia: I'd love to, but November is looking too ambitious at the moment... We'll be away Christmas anyway, so it won't be me doing the cooking! But I will have my machine for next year when I am hosting the family reunion here in Canberra :)

@goldfish: This challenge is fab! I spend $150-$175 weekly on groceries (including nappies, etc) - way too much! Considering there's only 2 and a half of us. I always feel I need to do that 5-min run to woolies but always end up buying more, and they are usually processed crap. I have way too much stuff in my pantry that have gone unused--including normal sugar, castor sugar, icing sugar (still have unopened packets of each), different types of ready made sauces, packets of tomato paste, cans of diced and crushed tomato  :o

@Deniser: You read my mind! I've even started a pinterest board http://pinterest.com/dhitri/bimby-love/ to collect recipes that I plan to do. I've also started a blog but it is private at the moment, it will go public as soon as I have my machine. It's called 'Bimby Love', what else!  ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 05:44:12 am »
Welcome Bimbylove. Pop every spare cent into your savings and you will soon have your thermomix. Tell family etc that cash into the TMX savings box.tin is exactly what you want for birthdays etc. Try to start saving shopping money by doing things from scratch and put the savings away. The $100 a week challenge is good (as goldfish suggested) although I am having trouble achieving it.
Best of luck.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 07:15:51 am »
How inspirational bimbylove, your TMX will mean so much more having worked hard to save for it.  November will be here soon and you will already know so much about the TMX prior to getting it delivered. YOu will also be able to keep an eye out for which "special" you would like. I was lucky enough to get second the bowl/blade set for half price. Happy saving!!

mcmich

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 09:02:07 am »
Welcome to the forum bimbylove. Around November/December interst free is usually offered.
It may work out for you. $40 a week less any money you save between now and November.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 11:29:53 am »
Hi bimbylove and welcome to the forum  :)
Good luck with your saving, you won't regret buying a Thermomix that's for sure!
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child